Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These tower blocks that have the same cladding 11:51 - Jun 22 with 18463 viewsgiant_stow

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/22/grenfell-fire-tower-blocks-also-combu

.... I really don't think they should announce where they are publically - security risk.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 11:55 - Jun 22 with 9366 viewstextbackup

was carrow road clad in the same stuff?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 11:57 - Jun 22 with 9359 viewsgiant_stow

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 11:55 - Jun 22 by textbackup

was carrow road clad in the same stuff?

no idea boss.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 11:59 - Jun 22 with 9369 viewsCaptainObvious

We are absolutely strangled by petty health and safety regulations in the uk and at the same time we've got 600, 600!, tower blocks with flammable cladding presumably with health and safety notices telling residents to stay in their flat in the event of a fire. What a shambles we've become.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 12:00 - Jun 22 with 9350 viewsgiant_stow

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 11:59 - Jun 22 by CaptainObvious

We are absolutely strangled by petty health and safety regulations in the uk and at the same time we've got 600, 600!, tower blocks with flammable cladding presumably with health and safety notices telling residents to stay in their flat in the event of a fire. What a shambles we've become.

Its truely bizarre.

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 12:05 - Jun 22 with 9335 viewsDeano69

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 11:59 - Jun 22 by CaptainObvious

Crazy isnt it.

Had a load of house renovation work done a couple of years ago, the nonsensical bollox we had to go through for petty items such as having to have an extractor fan in the utility room as we have a washing machine in there, and the shower hose from the bath taps having to be a particular height on its holder, for example. Yet we can clad a building in flammable material that lets of cyanide gases.

We need this planning stuff to take a long hard look at itself..

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 12:06 - Jun 22 with 9333 viewsGavTWTD

From tha article:

"It has also emerged that cyanide gas released by burning insulation on Grenfell Tower could have contributed to some of the deaths.

Boards fitted during a refurbishment of the 24-storey block might have filled homes with the highly toxic substance when they caught fire, an expert has disclosed.

They could have produced enough deadly hydrogen cyanide to fill every flat at the west London high-rise, it has been reported."

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 12:20 - Jun 22 with 9280 viewsArcher4721

Just imagine in ten years from now when G4S run the fire service with 4ft ladders and price lists to boot.
These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 12:31 - Jun 22 with 9243 viewsSwansea_Blue

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 12:20 - Jun 22 by Archer4721

Just imagine in ten years from now when G4S run the fire service with 4ft ladders and price lists to boot.

Yeah, but you know that outsourcing will provide greater value for money and enhanced customer experience. It will be necessary for the replacement of an aging vehicle stock with state-of-the art compact engines with enhanced maneuverability and minimised storage footprint. And will enable further efficiency savings to be made in the training budget by tapping into a currently underutilised, young and dynamic employment market.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:14 - Jun 22 with 9157 viewsNo9

"We are absolutely strangled by petty health and safety regulations in the uk "

I don't beleive it but I am willing to read your list and explanation as to how to reduce it without compromising life.

Otherwose itis a totally stupid statement
These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:17 - Jun 22 with 9137 viewsNo9

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 12:05 - Jun 22 by Deano69

Crazy isnt it.

Had a load of house renovation work done a couple of years ago, the nonsensical bollox we had to go through for petty items such as having to have an extractor fan in the utility room as we have a washing machine in there, and the shower hose from the bath taps having to be a particular height on its holder, for example. Yet we can clad a building in flammable material that lets of cyanide gases.

Helsetine laws on planning changed in the 80's to reduce regulation on buildings
Privatisation of Building Control came soon after

It is simple have proper regulation instead of 'self regulation'
These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:17 - Jun 22 with 9140 viewsCaptainObvious

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:14 - Jun 22 by No9

"We are absolutely strangled by petty health and safety regulations in the uk "

I don't beleive it but I am willing to read your list and explanation as to how to reduce it without compromising life.

Otherwose itis a totally stupid statement

chap below has already given a good example. another is reduced speed limits on roads to protect the workforce when the workforce have already packed up and gone home.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 13:17]

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:19 - Jun 22 with 9132 viewsitfcjoe

For a contractor:

Put up flammable cladding - don't worry about it....

Forget to note down who is Principal Designer in your pointless CDM file and don't have it on site - big trouble

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:20 - Jun 22 with 9117 viewsitfcjoe

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 12:05 - Jun 22 by Deano69

Crazy isnt it.

But that stuff is also important, I don't agree with less health and safety in general.

The paperwork that goes with it is far more of a nuisance than anything else

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:21 - Jun 22 with 9118 viewsNo9

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:17 - Jun 22 by CaptainObvious

chap below has already given a good example. another is reduced speed limits on roads to protect the workforce when the workforce have already packed up and gone home.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 13:17]

I don't know what industry you work in but HSE is very important for the protection of workers and public
The instances you quote are nothing to do with HSE more to do with incorrect application by those who have been contracted to do works

Regulation is only effective if it is implemented properly
These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:34 - Jun 22 with 9073 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's alright, don't panic. The government have changed their minds and there aren't 600 with this type of cladding. Just a bad outbreak of Diane Abottitus in Downing Street.

See entry at 13:25
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/jun/22/hammond-suggests-brex

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:45 - Jun 22 with 9036 viewsBlueBadger

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:34 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

It's alright, don't panic. The government have changed their minds and there aren't 600 with this type of cladding. Just a bad outbreak of Diane Abottitus in Downing Street.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/jun/22/hammond-suggests-brex

This was cracking from Boris by BlueBadger 22 Jun 2017 9:28
Don't be so insensitive, don't you KNOW that type 2 diabetes is contagious?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:48 - Jun 22 with 9031 viewsNo9

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:34 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Should we be surprised?

It would take a fair while to look at each site and compare the Contractors specified materials against the criteria set out in the regulations.

There are numerous questions about this terrible tragedy, so far I don't see anything being done properly
These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:51 - Jun 22 with 9022 viewshampstead_blue

By naming the blocks it puts the authorities under pressure to sort it out quickly.

the cost in £'s is pretty nominal in the grand scheme of things.

Nobody loses. The price of the flats will drop in the short term, but landlords and tenants will both benefit in the medium term having flats which meet the highest of safety standards.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:53 - Jun 22 with 9011 viewsDeano69

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:20 - Jun 22 by itfcjoe

But that stuff is also important, I don't agree with less health and safety in general.

The paperwork that goes with it is far more of a nuisance than anything else

I don't disagree with Heath and Safety either, but within the confines of common sense. My point was that the plumbing in our house wouldn't pass regulations if a shower head holder was 3 inches too low, yet we can polish a turd of a building with dangerous cladding, just so that it looks nice.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:54 - Jun 22 with 9010 viewsCaptainObvious

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:21 - Jun 22 by No9

I don't know what industry you work in but HSE is very important for the protection of workers and public
The instances you quote are nothing to do with HSE more to do with incorrect application by those who have been contracted to do works

Regulation is only effective if it is implemented properly

I agree it is very important. i don't think the examples given are incorrect application, i think it is unnecessarily excessive which is ironic given that when they have been crucially important, they have found to be lacking.

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:56 - Jun 22 with 8993 viewsGeoffSentence

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 12:06 - Jun 22 by GavTWTD

From tha article:

"It has also emerged that cyanide gas released by burning insulation on Grenfell Tower could have contributed to some of the deaths.

Boards fitted during a refurbishment of the 24-storey block might have filled homes with the highly toxic substance when they caught fire, an expert has disclosed.

They could have produced enough deadly hydrogen cyanide to fill every flat at the west London high-rise, it has been reported."

I think the insulation was provided by Hadleigh firm Celotex. There's probably some seriously concerned people over in Lady Lane at the moment.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:59 - Jun 22 with 8980 viewsSwansea_Blue

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:48 - Jun 22 by No9

Should we be surprised?

It would take a fair while to look at each site and compare the Contractors specified materials against the criteria set out in the regulations.

There are numerous questions about this terrible tragedy, so far I don't see anything being done properly

Yeah, agreed it will take a while. Naming the blocks to put local authorities under pressure is all well and good, but they have to get it right. Otherwise you've needlessly scared god knows how many residents unnecessarily.

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 14:01 - Jun 22 with 8971 viewsNo9

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:54 - Jun 22 by CaptainObvious

I agree it is very important. i don't think the examples given are incorrect application, i think it is unnecessarily excessive which is ironic given that when they have been crucially important, they have found to be lacking.

What is uneccessarily excessive? I am not sure I get what you mean.

There are regulations and the correct application of the regulations or ignoring the regluations altogether.
These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 14:03 - Jun 22 with 8956 viewsNo9

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:59 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, agreed it will take a while. Naming the blocks to put local authorities under pressure is all well and good, but they have to get it right. Otherwise you've needlessly scared god knows how many residents unnecessarily.

Agreed, that is why it was probably too soon for the Gov to make that announcement.
It would have been sufficient to say that each building and each site was being insoected and independently the regulatoins were being interrogated
These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 14:03 - Jun 22 with 8961 viewsCaptainObvious

These tower blocks that have the same cladding on 13:51 - Jun 22 by hampstead_blue

By naming the blocks it puts the authorities under pressure to sort it out quickly.

the cost in £'s is pretty nominal in the grand scheme of things.

Nobody loses. The price of the flats will drop in the short term, but landlords and tenants will both benefit in the medium term having flats which meet the highest of safety standards.

also it's good manners to let people know they're living in a potential deathtrap

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024