Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Vaughan News 21:52 - Jul 3 with 13042 viewsTheBlueBarca

Anyone remember Tony Vaughan who played for us between 1994 and 1997?

He's recently been caught up in some nasty facebook drama with his wife. His wife posted that she had started a relationship with David Holdsworth this weekend (ex footballer and twin of Dean) and Vaughan had commented that he was sad to see this posted on facebook first...

Anyhow she has since claimed he hacked her account and that the status was not real, alleging he beat her and that she was beaten regularly by him but she's not gone to the police about the alleged beatings. https://www.facebook.com/donna.vaughan.336

Anyhow Tony himself has just posted this..

"It's unfortunate that some things are being played out on here,not in anyone's best interest. I have no intention for sympathy or to confuse the situation,facts are facts. There's always more than one side to any story. I won't get drawn into mudslinging and have confidence in the law of the Land in all areas that the truth will come out and all parties will act accordingly. I love & respect my family & friends so won't be name calling or throwing about slanderous allegations or statements. Going to leave it there."

Just thought that may be of interest to those who remember him being one of our best prospects of the 1990's before moving to Manchester City (for something like £1.5million, which was one hell of a fee at the time) and helping them to promotion from League One and the Championship before moving to Nottingham Forest.

It's a shame to see ex-Blues in these sorts of situations.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Tony Vaughan News on 21:55 - Jul 3 with 12979 viewsStokieBlue

He was a good player for us.

Perhaps instead of posting the unsubstantiated gossip you could have respected what he posted about letting it all come out through proper channels and just made a thread about him as a player for us without all the other fluff?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tony Vaughan News on 21:59 - Jul 3 with 12925 viewsTheBlueBarca

Tony Vaughan News on 21:55 - Jul 3 by StokieBlue

He was a good player for us.

Perhaps instead of posting the unsubstantiated gossip you could have respected what he posted about letting it all come out through proper channels and just made a thread about him as a player for us without all the other fluff?

SB

I just thought it may be of interest. I didn't actually post anything the wife said, just that she alleged.

It's all public for you to see, so don't shoot the messenger and act like you're somehow a righteous honourable better than everyone else type person for me simply sharing what's public anyway. Classic internet dick waving that.

Put it away.

Tony Vaughan News on 21:59 - Jul 3 with 12933 viewsIllinoisblue

I vaguely recall a game at home when Vaughn scored the first goal and, I think, Steve Sedgely had backed him as first scorer at very good odds. Vaughn made some kind of rubbing hands together to Sedgely up in the stands. All a bit of a laugh back then but the FA would come down hard nowadays given their strict betting bans.

*. I may have remembered this wrongly... anyone?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tony Vaughan News on 22:01 - Jul 3 with 12907 viewsTheBlueBarca

Tony Vaughan News on 21:59 - Jul 3 by Illinoisblue

I vaguely recall a game at home when Vaughn scored the first goal and, I think, Steve Sedgely had backed him as first scorer at very good odds. Vaughn made some kind of rubbing hands together to Sedgely up in the stands. All a bit of a laugh back then but the FA would come down hard nowadays given their strict betting bans.

I recall that too, a different era! I always rated him and was very disappointed that we had sold him, but that was his hometown club so I guess he figured while they were in the third tier he had a real chance to pick up some gays and medals while he was there.

Tony Vaughan News on 22:04 - Jul 3 with 12886 viewsclive_baker

Tony Vaughan News on 21:59 - Jul 3 by Illinoisblue

Derby. 1-0. Believe it was Chris Swailes though. Had a £5 at 40's I think. They were over at my house after the match on the sauce with my dad. I must've only been about 8.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2017 22:07]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tony Vaughan News on 22:05 - Jul 3 with 12862 viewsBLUEBEAT

Tony Vaughan News on 22:01 - Jul 3 by TheBlueBarca

I recall that too, a different era! I always rated him and was very disappointed that we had sold him, but that was his hometown club so I guess he figured while they were in the third tier he had a real chance to pick up some gays and medals while he was there.

"gays and medals"

Poll: W or W

Tony Vaughan News on 22:06 - Jul 3 with 12861 viewsLord_Lucan

Had a bit of a row with him in a kebab house when he got transferred to Man C. He was a real knob but then again he was young.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tony Vaughan News on 22:17 - Jul 3 with 12773 viewsBluefish

Another example that footballers are only human and I many ways have more issues to deal with than the average bloke. Money doesn't fix everything and the old footballers didn't have that much money considering the career span

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Vaughan News on 22:25 - Jul 3 with 12745 viewsEastTownBlue

Tony Vaughan News on 22:04 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

Derby. 1-0. Believe it was Chris Swailes though. Had a £5 at 40's I think. They were over at my house after the match on the sauce with my dad. I must've only been about 8.

Indeed, it was against Derby (2 minutes in).

I hope it was Chris Swailes as suggesting Steve Sedgeley is a rather serious allegation .(1:25 in) ..

[Post edited 3 Jul 2017 22:26]
Tony Vaughan News on 22:25 - Jul 3 with 12734 viewsITFC_Forever

It was indirectly his fault we didn't sign Kevin Phillips.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tony Vaughan News on 22:31 - Jul 3 with 12700 viewsArcher4721

Looks like Ed Sheeran to me.

Anyway I personally couldn't give a damn about the poor begger's personal life and can't understand why anyone else other than his close circle would care either.
Tony Vaughan News on 22:35 - Jul 3 with 12668 viewsVic

Tony Vaughan News on 22:25 - Jul 3 by EastTownBlue

I hope it was Chris Swailes as suggesting Steve Sedgeley is a rather serious allegation .(1:25 in) ..

Who missed the pen?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Tony Vaughan News on 22:36 - Jul 3 with 12654 viewsclive_baker

Tony Vaughan News on 22:35 - Jul 3 by Vic

Who missed the pen?

Sedgeley.

'One greedy b***ard'

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tony Vaughan News on 22:38 - Jul 3 with 12644 viewsBluefish

Tony Vaughan News on 22:36 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

Sedgeley.

'One greedy b***ard'

I liked sedgley never understood why he gets abuse. Really good player, yes the swap worked out but he was excellent in his time

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Tony Vaughan News on 22:43 - Jul 3 with 12621 viewsArcher4721

Tony Vaughan News on 22:25 - Jul 3 by ITFC_Forever

It was indirectly his fault we didn't sign Kevin Phillips.

No it was Sheepshanks fault.

He wouldn't cough up the extra 25k Watford wanted.
Tony Vaughan News on 23:46 - Jul 3 with 12467 viewsITFCson

Mathis was certainly the master at backing in to the defenders and getting peno's

Bizarre Vaughn was number 11
Tony Vaughan News on 10:42 - Jul 4 with 12139 viewsITFC_Forever

Tony Vaughan News on 22:43 - Jul 3 by Archer4721

Well, yes, there is that as well.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tony Vaughan News on 10:52 - Jul 4 with 12111 viewsGeoffSentence

Tony Vaughan News on 23:46 - Jul 3 by ITFCson

Mathis was certainly the master at backing in to the defenders and getting peno's

Bizarre Vaughn was number 11

Shame we don't get a few more dodgy penalties these days really. But then you have to have players in the penalty box for that to happen.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tony Vaughan News on 12:35 - Jul 4 with 12019 viewsMillsey

And the reason we missed out on Kevin Phillips due to city owing us money 😩
Tony Vaughan News on 12:52 - Jul 4 with 11976 viewsGrahamHarbey

I remember be stick a few quid on himself to score the first goal v Derby in 1995-96 and won!

Was a great player and if I remember rightly, we got stitched up by tribunal 1.35m
Tony Vaughan News on 14:01 - Jul 4 with 11894 viewsGeoffSentence

Tony Vaughan News on 12:52 - Jul 4 by GrahamHarbey

I remember be stick a few quid on himself to score the first goal v Derby in 1995-96 and won!

Was a great player and if I remember rightly, we got stitched up by tribunal 1.35m

I thought we got stitched up too, there were young players going for very high fees at the time and I felt that with his age and potential we should have got more.

If I recall correctly the Citeh manager at the time (Frank Clarke?) thought the opposite and said that it was a joke that they should pay so much.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tony Vaughan News on 14:16 - Jul 4 with 11870 viewsRadlett_blue

Tony Vaughan News on 22:43 - Jul 3 by Archer4721

Not so. We weren't willing to pay the agreed fee until the tribunal had ruled on how much Man City should pay us for Tony Vaughan, presumably because we didn't actually have the money at the time. However, we ended up with David Johnson II, who didn't turn out to be too bad, although we did end up paying £1m or so for Johnno, as against Phillips cost of around £400k.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tony Vaughan News on 15:35 - Jul 4 with 11799 viewsSwailsey

Tony Vaughan News on 22:04 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

Excuse me.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Tony Vaughan News on 16:08 - Jul 4 with 11752 viewssolemio

Tony Vaughan News on 12:35 - Jul 4 by Millsey

And the reason we missed out on Kevin Phillips due to city owing us money 😩

Good player when he was at Baldock Town. Shame it all went downhill after that.
Tony Vaughan News on 18:48 - Jul 4 with 11618 viewsblue_oyster

That week's regular Richard Wright flap was at 2 minutes 40.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024