Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On average, how many times per week 19:48 - Jul 20 with 12099 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

...do you eat at your dining table?

I'd say I'm at about 0.5 at the moment and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

(Ignore thread if you don't have a dining table)
On average, how many times per week on 07:48 - Jul 21 with 2749 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

On average, how many times per week on 22:22 - Jul 20 by BelvedereBrunswick

It seems strange to me that having children is considered to be a reason to eat at the table more.

Fair enough if you do enjoy that or it's the only area of the house you can all practically eat a meal together - but if you can all fit on sofas or around the kitchen and that's where you would prefer to be, why would you get them to do something that's not what you want??

A strange world we live in.

Young children have to eat at the table, or you would end with a right old mess down the back of your settee.

Also, they need to learn table manners
On average, how many times per week on 07:48 - Jul 21 with 2749 viewsVic

On average, how many times per week on 00:23 - Jul 21 by BelvedereBrunswick

I don't know what everyone else's dining room chairs are like but I just look at mine sitting there with a rigid wooden back and think "Sitting there isn't going to be the most comfortable place I could eat this food".

I might sell the table and get a few dining beanbags to go in its place. Could then still get the main social aspect positives by eating in the room but it won't feel like I'm in the 20th century.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 8:17]

But that's just wierd and probably actually not a great position to in. My understanding is that your gut actually works better when in a more upright pose for eating. At least that was what I was always told - may just be an old wives tale. Mind you, I find I'm more subject to indigestion if I eat sitting on the sofa.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

On average, how many times per week on 07:50 - Jul 21 with 2748 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

On average, how many times per week on 07:48 - Jul 21 by Vic

But that's just wierd and probably actually not a great position to in. My understanding is that your gut actually works better when in a more upright pose for eating. At least that was what I was always told - may just be an old wives tale. Mind you, I find I'm more subject to indigestion if I eat sitting on the sofa.

Exactly. Squatting = shi tting
On average, how many times per week on 08:11 - Jul 21 with 2733 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I don't know what everyone else's dining room chairs are like but I just look at mine sitting there with a rigid wooden back and think "Sitting there isn't going to be the most comfortable place I could eat this food".

I might sell the table and get a few dining beanbags to go in its place. Could then still get the main social aspect positives by eating in the room but it won't feel like I'm in the 20th century.

If one adopted this scenario, one would have to make Jeeves redundent.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

On average, how many times per week on 08:19 - Jul 21 with 2724 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

On average, how many times per week on 07:48 - Jul 21 by FrowsyArmLarry

Young children have to eat at the table, or you would end with a right old mess down the back of your settee.

Also, they need to learn table manners

Fair point about the mess but are you saying that an acceptable eating etiquette can only be enforced at a table? Why is that?
On average, how many times per week on 08:26 - Jul 21 with 2721 viewsBluefish

On average, how many times per week on 08:19 - Jul 21 by BelvedereBrunswick

Fair point about the mess but are you saying that an acceptable eating etiquette can only be enforced at a table? Why is that?

Your argument is the equivilent of saying why do people go to the toilet to do a wee when they can just use the kitchen sink.

Dining at table makes sense in all regards and feeling the need to struggle to do it off your lap so that you can watch tv is trampy

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

On average, how many times per week on 08:28 - Jul 21 with 2718 viewsGlasgowBlue

You're trolling surely.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

On average, how many times per week on 08:29 - Jul 21 with 2716 viewsBluefish

On average, how many times per week on 08:28 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

You're trolling surely.

Think this might be the latest blueas

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

On average, how many times per week on 08:36 - Jul 21 with 2712 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

On average, how many times per week on 08:26 - Jul 21 by Bluefish

Your argument is the equivilent of saying why do people go to the toilet to do a wee when they can just use the kitchen sink.

Dining at table makes sense in all regards and feeling the need to struggle to do it off your lap so that you can watch tv is trampy

I'm not arguing with anyone pal. Was just asking a question. Sounds like you're the one who's being argumentative.

You wouldn't use your kitchen sink as a toilet because urine crystals would form around the plug hole and clog up the U-bend. Would be disgusting.
On average, how many times per week on 08:44 - Jul 21 with 2697 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

On average, how many times per week on 08:28 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

You're trolling surely.

I was being serious.

I can picture the layout already. Maybe a low down central glass coffee table for drinks and shared dishes in the middle of the beanbags. I could even put together a few 'school-desk' type platforms that would stand with legs either side of the individual bean bags to act as a personal table for things like spaghetti and soup. After the meal you could just kick them away and remain in the beanbag until you wanted to get up.
On average, how many times per week on 08:54 - Jul 21 with 2691 viewsitfcjoe

Most nights as try and eat at same time as my boy who is in a highchair still. But if I eat after he's in bed then 9 times out of 10 it'll be in the lounge on my lap

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

On average, how many times per week on 11:24 - Jul 21 with 2667 viewssolemio

Were I to eat anywhere except at the dining room table my Gentleman's Personal Gentleman would be appalled and might walk out. I cannot risk Reginald Jooves leaving.

Oh alright: 3 or 4 times a week on average.
On average, how many times per week on 13:01 - Jul 21 with 2642 viewsflimflam

Every time I have the kids we sit at the table for breakfast and evening meals.

The only time I seem to get any sense out of them

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

On average, how many times per week on 13:15 - Jul 21 with 2627 viewsdirtyboy

71.4% of the time we eat breakfast together up the table. Mostly because it's 5:30am, we're all up at the same time and it's easier.

I'd get proper f****d off with crumbs and s**t going on the floor in the lounge, or on the sofa, it's just plain slobbish, tables can be wiped clean.

In this day, I think it's even more important to all sit up the table together, no electronics and be a family.

Single lonley man with no friends and questionable manors and social skills...lap in lounge is just about acceptable.
On average, how many times per week on 16:02 - Jul 21 with 2592 viewsBenters

Every day breakfast.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

On average, how many times per week on 16:04 - Jul 21 with 2590 viewsGlasgowBlue

On average, how many times per week on 13:01 - Jul 21 by flimflam

Every time I have the kids we sit at the table for breakfast and evening meals.

The only time I seem to get any sense out of them

We have a rule that of we are sitting for a meal together at the dining table then everybody, including adults, leaves the phones in another room.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024