Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martyn Waghorn 1million 23:10 - Aug 6 with 11660 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Is a striker that can play out wide as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4766266/Rangers-accept-Ipswich
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 23:16]

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:02 - Aug 7 with 4391 viewstractordownsouth

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 23:54 - Aug 6 by BackToRussia

Its no bechamel

A bit of mayo and I'd believe it

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:04 - Aug 7 with 4381 viewstractordownsouth

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 23:51 - Aug 6 by marcus1642

All papers are full of untruths. Including the guardian.

Yes I know

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:09 - Aug 7 with 4350 viewspointofblue

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 23:43 - Aug 6 by tractorboy1978

44 goals in 78 games (63 starts) is good going at any level. He's a real McCarthy type as well, a grafter, versatile.

Is that his Rangers record? If so, most of those goals were scored in the Scottish Championship. Their Premier League is hardly a brilliant standard away from Celtic as it is, let alone the division below.

Sorry for being grumpy about this - I know we've said we wanted to spend money on someone but really don't think he's the answer. Sounds like he's unfit and more 'head down and rush' without much finesse... we should be looking to build with skill now.

I guess if Mick can get out of him what we saw from Garner yesterday, though, he would be a really good purchase.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:10 - Aug 7 with 4343 viewsRedX

Hmmmmm..

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/rangers-fans-pick-one-starting-xi-sold-summer-to
Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:14 - Aug 7 with 4320 viewspointofblue

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:10 - Aug 7 by RedX

Hmmmmm..

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/rangers-fans-pick-one-starting-xi-sold-summer-to

Even when we're spending money we're a laughing stock. Sunderland fans were panicking about signing him as well.

How much would Akinde cost - £1m more? £2m more? Can we not stretch that far that we have to sign someone with a touch of an elephant who doesn't contribute?

I really shouldn't have looked at the Rangers forum about this one.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 0:14]

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:14 - Aug 7 with 4298 viewstractorboy1978

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:09 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Is that his Rangers record? If so, most of those goals were scored in the Scottish Championship. Their Premier League is hardly a brilliant standard away from Celtic as it is, let alone the division below.

Sorry for being grumpy about this - I know we've said we wanted to spend money on someone but really don't think he's the answer. Sounds like he's unfit and more 'head down and rush' without much finesse... we should be looking to build with skill now.

I guess if Mick can get out of him what we saw from Garner yesterday, though, he would be a really good purchase.

28 of them in the league below - regardless he's still put the ball in the net. That's an upgrade on the toilet we bought in last season in the shape of Samuel and Moore. He's still a good age and I think he will fit in very well.
Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:16 - Aug 7 with 4289 viewstractorboy1978

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:14 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Even when we're spending money we're a laughing stock. Sunderland fans were panicking about signing him as well.

How much would Akinde cost - £1m more? £2m more? Can we not stretch that far that we have to sign someone with a touch of an elephant who doesn't contribute?

I really shouldn't have looked at the Rangers forum about this one.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 0:14]

Sorry, have you watched Akinde?
Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:17 - Aug 7 with 4289 viewsBlue_Order

He's a confidence player who's been severely lacking any for quite a while. Another one of Warburtons signings who just wasn't cut out to play for such a big club, and despite his decent goal ratio, he misses a lot of easy chances.

But as with Garner, I reckon he'd do alright here. The change would do him good and he'd be under a lot less pressure than up there. Could do with shifting a few pounds and spelling his name properly first though.
Login to get fewer ads

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:19 - Aug 7 with 4260 viewspointofblue

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:14 - Aug 7 by tractorboy1978

28 of them in the league below - regardless he's still put the ball in the net. That's an upgrade on the toilet we bought in last season in the shape of Samuel and Moore. He's still a good age and I think he will fit in very well.

Yes, okay, that's an extremely fair point - compared to Samuel and Moore he's at least proven to some extent!

I've seen Akinde play on a couple of occasions; puts himself about and knows where the goal is. It is a step up from League Two to Championship but he seems more ready for it than most.

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:22 - Aug 7 with 4239 viewsbournemouthblue

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 23:48 - Aug 6 by ScottCandage

I'd say 44 goals in 78 appearances with Rangers (63 starts, 15 subs) isn't inconsistent.

That seems like an improvement

Both Garner and Waghorn are improvements on Varney and Best, they are both at ages where they can develop still.

They're not the cream of the crop but sensible investments all the same and could prove to be astute business

Both tick the hard working category, which Pitman never did imho, I always thought he was a strange signing

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:25 - Aug 7 with 4224 viewstractorboy1978

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:19 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Yes, okay, that's an extremely fair point - compared to Samuel and Moore he's at least proven to some extent!

I've seen Akinde play on a couple of occasions; puts himself about and knows where the goal is. It is a step up from League Two to Championship but he seems more ready for it than most.

I'm just intrigued that you think he would be worth £2m more than Waghorn as a 28 year old that has scored virtually all of his goals in the Conference or League 2.

Listening to opposition fans is generally a pointless exercise.
Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:25 - Aug 7 with 4234 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/309377-sunderland-in-for-waghorn/?page=13

The Rangers fans are having a right laugh.

Page 11+ of this thread. In fact.. they linked this thread on their forum just like I'm doing with their thread on this one.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:31 - Aug 7 with 4200 viewsbournemouthblue

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:25 - Aug 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Page 11+ of this thread. In fact.. they linked this thread on their forum just like I'm doing with their thread on this one.

Given Warburton was their previous manager and he favours the ball on the deck along with some the trendy dropping deep and suicidal dancing around the back approach, perhaps these two simply weren't designed for him and his hipster tactics

The old kick it long and chase down that ball approach maybe more their thing, especially on that wide Portman Road pitch where the added space is going to aid their game?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:31 - Aug 7 with 4195 viewspointofblue

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:25 - Aug 7 by tractorboy1978

I'm just intrigued that you think he would be worth £2m more than Waghorn as a 28 year old that has scored virtually all of his goals in the Conference or League 2.

Because strikers seem to be radically overpriced nowadays - someone who is worth £1m is usually priced at £2m and so on. I'd say Akinde is actually worth around £1.5m considering his scoring record at lower level; double it for inflation as I don't think his contract is nearly up. Though it depends on how much Barnet can hold out for too.

I'm starting to calm down a bit about this now. Rangers fans may be laughing but they didn't have to put up with a squad strikeforce including Leon Best, Dominic Samuel and Kieffer Moore at the end of last season. We're seemingly going for him so got to support him.

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:36 - Aug 7 with 4165 viewstractorboy1978

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:31 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Because strikers seem to be radically overpriced nowadays - someone who is worth £1m is usually priced at £2m and so on. I'd say Akinde is actually worth around £1.5m considering his scoring record at lower level; double it for inflation as I don't think his contract is nearly up. Though it depends on how much Barnet can hold out for too.

I'm starting to calm down a bit about this now. Rangers fans may be laughing but they didn't have to put up with a squad strikeforce including Leon Best, Dominic Samuel and Kieffer Moore at the end of last season. We're seemingly going for him so got to support him.

It'd be a similar punt to Waghorn only costing us £2m more.
Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:42 - Aug 7 with 4144 viewspointofblue

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:36 - Aug 7 by tractorboy1978

It'd be a similar punt to Waghorn only costing us £2m more.

At a lower level, admittedly, Akinde's touch and movement seems better than Waghorn's. If we could sign him for an additional £1m I'd personally take the risk. An additional £2m is probably too excessive.

Strikeforce of McGoldrick, Garner, Sears and Waghorn, though. Could be a lot worse.

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 01:25 - Aug 7 with 4074 viewsIllinoisblue

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 23:55 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

Rangers fans are practically chucking him at us. Hardly an impressive signing by the sounds of it.

Just as Sunderland/Celtic were glad to get shot of Murphy to us...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 01:31 - Aug 7 with 4067 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ohhh Martyn's Waghorns magic
He wears a magic hat
He used to play for Rangers, but he said no f*ck that
He followed Joey Garner, to wear the white and blue
And when we win the Chanpionship we'll sing this song for you

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 01:46 - Aug 7 with 4045 viewsRyorry

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:10 - Aug 7 by RedX

Hmmmmm..

Can't wait for him to prove you, all of them, Dolly and pointofblue wrong

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 02:08 - Aug 7 with 4020 viewspointofblue

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 01:46 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

Can't wait for him to prove you, all of them, Dolly and pointofblue wrong

However wrong I may be (and I hope I'm very worng) he simply cannot be worse than Best, Moore and Samuel! Not that the latter really got a chance but...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 2:08]

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 06:51 - Aug 7 with 3909 viewsKieran_Knows

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 01:31 - Aug 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Ohhh Martyn's Waghorns magic
He wears a magic hat
He used to play for Rangers, but he said no f*ck that
He followed Joey Garner, to wear the white and blue
And when we win the Chanpionship we'll sing this song for you

Good effort that, Rommy!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 07:18 - Aug 7 with 3874 viewsmarcus1642

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 08:31 - Aug 7 with 3770 viewsbring_back_Wickham

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:25 - Aug 7 by tractorboy1978

From what I've heard the rest of Barnet's team are complete pony, and akinde was the only thing stopping them from being relegated. Given how many he scored in such a rubbish team I think he could do a job at this level.

Poll: Who ate the cheese-shaped lego a la thread below
Blog: Squad Evaluation

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 08:36 - Aug 7 with 3756 viewstractorboy1978

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 08:31 - Aug 7 by bring_back_Wickham

From what I've heard the rest of Barnet's team are complete pony, and akinde was the only thing stopping them from being relegated. Given how many he scored in such a rubbish team I think he could do a job at this level.

After scoring all of those goals, there is a reason he hasn't been snapped up by a bigger club. Either Barnet want more than he's worth, clubs don't think he can step up or a mixture of both of these.
Martyn Waghorn 1million on 08:50 - Aug 7 with 3728 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Martyn Waghorn 1million on 00:25 - Aug 7 by The_Romford_Blue

That is funny/worrying reading! "....they don't do battered Mars bars down there so he might lose 3 stone......."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024