Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team 14:06 - Aug 12 with 4961 viewsDennyx4

Bart
Iorfa, Spence, Chambers, Knudsen, Kenlock
Downes, Skuse, Nydam
Garner, Sears
Team on 14:08 - Aug 12 with 4908 viewsHerbivore

That back three actually has the ability to bring the ball out of defence and with midfielders that will actually want the ball we should hopefully see a decent showing. Some real quality on the bench too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team on 14:08 - Aug 12 with 4871 viewsbackwaywhen

Like that ...waghorn to come on and bag a brace !
Team on 14:09 - Aug 12 with 4843 viewsGuthrum

I reckon that's a pretty good team.

Who's on the bench?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Team on 14:09 - Aug 12 with 4838 viewsDanTheMan

Looks good to me. The midfield so have a tonne of energy.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Team on 14:10 - Aug 12 with 4809 viewsDennyx4

Team on 14:08 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

That back three actually has the ability to bring the ball out of defence and with midfielders that will actually want the ball we should hopefully see a decent showing. Some real quality on the bench too.

The bench has plenty of options

Mcgoldrick, Celina, Waghorn and Rowe from an attacking perspective.
Team on 14:11 - Aug 12 with 4754 viewsbraveblue

Team on 14:08 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

Sorry, Chambers and Knudsen bringing the ball out of defense?
Team on 14:12 - Aug 12 with 4726 viewsbraveblue

Team on 14:10 - Aug 12 by Dennyx4

The bench has plenty of options

Mcgoldrick, Celina, Waghorn and Rowe from an attacking perspective.

Best bench for a while.
Team on 14:13 - Aug 12 with 4718 viewsDennyx4

Team on 14:09 - Aug 12 by Guthrum

I reckon that's a pretty good team.

Who's on the bench?

Subs

Gerken, Wolfenden, Mcdonnell, Mcgoldrick, Celina, Waghorn and Rowe
Login to get fewer ads

Team on 14:14 - Aug 12 with 4707 viewsbackwaywhen

Team on 14:11 - Aug 12 by braveblue

Downer will demand it short ...one would hope .
Team on 14:14 - Aug 12 with 4694 viewsHerbivore

Yes. You also conveniently forgot Spence. All of them have played a lot of football at full back and are quite comfortable moving with the ball for centre backs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team on 14:14 - Aug 12 with 4693 viewsGuthrum

Yes, Knudsen, whose cross led to the goal against Birmingham.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Team on 14:15 - Aug 12 with 4680 viewspointofblue

We're really lacking experience with this one. It says a lot that Mick's preferred Nydam to Bru despite the number of players in 'second' positions and young players in the team. The number of players ill, injured or lacking fitness is extraordinary - Webster, Smith, Hyam, Bishop, Huws, Adeyemi, Ward, Dozzell, Celina, McGoldrick...
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 14:38]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team on 14:25 - Aug 12 with 4482 viewsstrikalite

Team on 14:15 - Aug 12 by pointofblue

We're really lacking experience with this one. It says a lot that Mick's preferred Nydam to Bru despite the number of players in 'second' positions and young players in the team. The number of players ill, injured or lacking fitness is extraordinary - Webster, Smith, Hyam, Bishop, Huws, Adeyemi, Ward, Dozzell, Celina, McGoldrick...
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 14:38]

Really? The only two without real experience are Downes who has to keep his place after the good Brum performance and quality he has and Nydam who has bundles of energy...spine of the team is very experienced ..
Team on 14:36 - Aug 12 with 4384 viewsDarth_Koont

Team on 14:09 - Aug 12 by DanTheMan

Looks good to me. The midfield so have a tonne of energy.

Indeed.

We can tire out Barnsley/earn the right to play. And it's hopefully perfect for McGoldrick, Celina and Waghorn to come on in the second half and capitalise.

Having said that, I'll probably be happy with a hard-fought draw if it comes to that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Team on 14:38 - Aug 12 with 4365 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Team on 14:14 - Aug 12 by Guthrum

Yes, Knudsen, whose cross led to the goal against Birmingham.

Indeed, people just love to slate Knudsen.

I can understand, but not justify people whinging about Knudsen getting caught out of position at times. His ball playing abilities is definitely in the upper quartile of defenders in this league.

One thing that people never get him credit for too is that he never wastes a header. He always wins it, and puts it in a good space.

Don't care what they say about him, he's a good egg. Even if I do blame him for my 3 year ban!

Poll: Best Football Song

Team on 14:39 - Aug 12 with 4355 viewspointofblue

Team on 14:25 - Aug 12 by strikalite

Really? The only two without real experience are Downes who has to keep his place after the good Brum performance and quality he has and Nydam who has bundles of energy...spine of the team is very experienced ..

Kenlock has some experience behind him but not a massive amount. A lack of experience in the middle is always a risk and can go either way. Knudsen isn't a centre back first and force most, neither is Spence (or Iorfa).
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 14:56]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team on 14:49 - Aug 12 with 4288 viewsurbanblue

Team on 14:39 - Aug 12 by pointofblue

Kenlock has some experience behind him but not a massive amount. A lack of experience in the middle is always a risk and can go either way. Knudsen isn't a centre back first and force most, neither is Spence (or Iorfa).

Having an experienced midfield most of last season got us nowhere. I'm excited by the injection of youth. Good on you Mick!
Team on 14:53 - Aug 12 with 4272 viewsstrikalite

Team on 14:39 - Aug 12 by pointofblue

I think that back line looks pretty solid all in all, if Barnsley start fast quite happy to have 5 across the back, equally Knudsen and Iorfa can bomb on if it allows, good options from bench is the plus for me now, very positive and as you said we still have two key players to come back into probably the team in Huws and Adeyemi...
Team on 15:01 - Aug 12 with 4236 viewspowinswitch

Team on 14:38 - Aug 12 by RoyKeanesDog

Indeed, people just love to slate Knudsen.

I can understand, but not justify people whinging about Knudsen getting caught out of position at times. His ball playing abilities is definitely in the upper quartile of defenders in this league.

One thing that people never get him credit for too is that he never wastes a header. He always wins it, and puts it in a good space.

Don't care what they say about him, he's a good egg. Even if I do blame him for my 3 year ban!

Knudsen's cross for the goal against Brum last week was perfect.

But I don't believe he is in the upper quartile of ball playing defenders in this league. Webster yes. Spence possibly. The rest at the Towen, not a chance. Not for me anyway.

Knudsen is an honest, hard working lad, but for me has limited ability when we have the ball. When we are ready to really challenge for the top 6, then he won't be our number 3. If he is we won't be challenging for the top 6. Like some others, I wouldn't write him off being a left sided centre back though. In a three and possibly a back 4.
Team on 15:18 - Aug 12 with 4184 viewsDubtractor

The huge optimism in this thread appears to have been misplaced!

No drama that we're struggling by the way, that midfield is so threadbare it is unreal.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024