Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Switching energy - Green Network Energy 14:47 - Aug 15 with 4278 viewsGavTWTD

So... I've after British Gas decided to put their prices up, I'll look at switching dual fuel. I entered my details into uswitch and it's come up with a saving of over £200 a year.

The best plan was with Green Network Energy which is powered with 100% renewables which I like the sound of.

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with this and switching in general?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:03 - Aug 15 with 3627 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I switched to OVO Energy.

It was a good saving, but not the cheapest, but they also had very good reviews for customer service.

I've been happy with the switch.

They also have a good app which allows you to submit meter readings and keep an eye on costs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:07 - Aug 15 with 3617 viewsSteve_M

U Switch aren't neutral , they do take commissions from some suppliers.

One of the problems with the initial wave of green suppliers (late 90s) was that they didn't have the back office systems set up to cope with switching especially for large customers with multiple sites. Trying to pick the pieces up after one such customer moved back to the big six took some time.

On a domestic level that should be a less of an issue but google around for some reviews on GNE. Is it fixed price or might you see rises? Seems to make sense anyway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:10 - Aug 15 with 3608 viewsNo9

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:03 - Aug 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was a good saving, but not the cheapest, but they also had very good reviews for customer service.

They also have a good app which allows you to submit meter readings and keep an eye on costs.

They have quite a lot of limitations don't they?
Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:14 - Aug 15 with 3597 viewsGavTWTD

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:07 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

One of the problems with the initial wave of green suppliers (late 90s) was that they didn't have the back office systems set up to cope with switching especially for large customers with multiple sites. Trying to pick the pieces up after one such customer moved back to the big six took some time.

On a domestic level that should be a less of an issue but google around for some reviews on GNE. Is it fixed price or might you see rises? Seems to make sense anyway.

I believe that the law states that they have to feature all companies equally and not promote others unduly, even listing companies they don't have agreements with.

The plans were presented to me in savings order, but some (EDF from memory) were highlighted.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:31 - Aug 15 with 3566 viewsRyorry

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:10 - Aug 15 by No9

I'm also with Ovo - have been for quite a few years, but last year chose to go with their 100% renewables tariff - a bit more expensive, but it salves my conscience!

Not sure what you mean by limitations?

Their customer service is better than some, but I wouldn't say perfect. One of the reasons I went with them originally was that they offer Economy 10* & can provide meters for that - not all do. However, tho I specifically asked when I moved house whether E10 auto switched cheap rate in line with GMT & BST and was told emphatically "yes", I found out 2 1/2 years later that it didn't. As I'm scrupulous about not switching on washing machine etc till cheap rate & turning off immediately when normal rate applies, I was very annoyed & took it up with them. Had to supply load reading tests in minute detail, and it still took months, dozens of emails & phone calls held in numerous loops, for them to give me a repayment (of £100). It also transpired that their Rate 1 and Rate 2 had been transposed on my meter - ie what should have been day rate was in fact night rate and v.v.!

One very good aspect is that if you're in credit with them, they pay 3% interest - this is considerably more than any instant access bank savings account! In the interests of fairness, I try not to go too much over, but didn't complain when I moved house & found my credit at old house had been nicely boosted!

*cheap rate for 10 hours - GMT 1-4pm, 8-10pm, midnight-5am

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:32 - Aug 15 with 3541 viewsjeera

Then there's the bloody great turbine they stick in the garden, and all the digging.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:34 - Aug 15 with 3532 viewsjeera

Good reminder, ta.

I've not long moved home and am with BG and Eon by default.

Need to get onto that really.

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:39 - Aug 15 with 3517 viewsSteve_M

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:14 - Aug 15 by GavTWTD

I believe that the law states that they have to feature all companies equally and not promote others unduly, even listing companies they don't have agreements with.

The plans were presented to me in savings order, but some (EDF from memory) were highlighted.

That's probably right, I've never been that interested in the retail side of energy but do remember that there was some fuss made.

Login to get fewer ads

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:42 - Aug 15 with 3505 viewsjeera

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:14 - Aug 15 by GavTWTD

Is this right? I had no idea.

I thought the results were sponsored.

Worth knowing then.

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:44 - Aug 15 with 3501 viewsRIPbobby

Is it a non DD deal? I would be interested in changing if I just paid by card as and when. I also assume that the meter that British Gas fitted would work with the new company?
Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:45 - Aug 15 with 3497 viewsMeadowlark

Take a look here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity
Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 16:00 - Aug 15 with 3461 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:10 - Aug 15 by No9

Not that I have noticed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 16:03 - Aug 15 with 3452 viewsjeera

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 15:45 - Aug 15 by Meadowlark

Take a look here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity

This tool looks quite useful too:

https://www.energyhelpline.com/Telegraph_display

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 16:20 - Aug 15 with 3432 viewsGeoffSentence

They also pay you 5% interest on any money that you are in credit with them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 16:32 - Aug 15 with 3415 viewsRyorry

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 16:20 - Aug 15 by GeoffSentence

They also pay you 5% interest on any money that you are in credit with them.

I was told it was 3%! well that's what I've been paid anyway - have they upped it recently?

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 17:23 - Aug 15 with 3364 viewsBasuco

I am also with OVO and am pleased with them.
Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 18:14 - Aug 15 with 3330 viewsKuqicoo

I signed up with Green Star Energy 4 years ago after British Gas seriously messed me about.

So much better. Easier to contact, cheaper and have had no problems. Switch over was easy. I'd never go back to a big energy company again.
Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 21:31 - May 2 with 1788 viewsMax23B0

This is actually a simple great idea. Many are now transitioning to green energy and most of all this is developed in Britain. In addition, it is more beneficial and will help make your home more energy efficient. I also think about finding a reliable supplier of green energy and starting to work with him! My friend recently received a very large bill for electricity and after that he decided that it was necessary to switch to green energy. He began to read the opinions of people on the Internet and stumbled upon the site https://usave.co.uk/energy/price-cap/. There, he found many cool tips to make his home more energy efficient and found many articles about green energy!
[Post edited 4 May 2020 7:06]
Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 21:57 - May 2 with 1755 viewsEwan_Oozami

Switched to Octopus just over a year ago for gas and electricity from BG and EON - saved about 33%, they have a 100% green tariff and are very easy to deal with - I have smart meters so don't have to worry about sending in meter readings - I do a visual check every 5-6 weeks just to make sure everything's ok

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 22:01 - May 2 with 1752 viewsDurovigutum

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 21:57 - May 2 by Ewan_Oozami

Switched to Octopus just over a year ago for gas and electricity from BG and EON - saved about 33%, they have a 100% green tariff and are very easy to deal with - I have smart meters so don't have to worry about sending in meter readings - I do a visual check every 5-6 weeks just to make sure everything's ok

+1 for Octopus. On some tariffs you can Carbon offset your gas use
Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 22:09 - May 2 with 1741 viewsSteve_M

What an odd thread to be resurrected nearly three years on.

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 22:17 - May 2 with 1728 viewsRyorry

Sorry MM, but I am looking to switch *away* from Ovo - because of their truly dreadful customer service! (edit - one particularly souring feature being the curious disappearance of my nearly £200 credit built up as soon as I asked for it to be returned into my bank account).
[Post edited 2 May 2020 22:22]

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 22:34 - May 2 with 1714 viewsStokieBlue

I use Bulb which is 100% renewables and all through an app which is rather good and very easy.

Not sure if it's the cheapest but was cheaper than the big boys.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 22:34 - May 2 with 1710 viewsBluefish

I think I'm with them. I've never had to engage with any energy providers so might as well go with the cheapest and cleanest. Easy to move in this day and age

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 22:52 - May 2 with 1701 viewsjeera

Switching energy - Green Network Energy on 22:34 - May 2 by StokieBlue

I use Bulb which is 100% renewables and all through an app which is rather good and very easy.

Not sure if it's the cheapest but was cheaper than the big boys.

SB

I like the site, the ease of use, and their extra friendly emails which are written and sent in an almost apologetic manner!

"Sorry to bother you but could you take a reading sometime...

If you don't mind, and it's not too much trouble."

Regular updates and notifications.

I have no complaints with them so far at all either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024