Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? 21:08 - Aug 16 with 18572 viewsDolly2.0

The walkway goes all the way to the station platform, so how dodgy was it likely to be?

Don't mind so much after a win but it took me twice as long getting out of the ground as it did getting home.

Just glad I was going the opposite way to London Bridge. That train was sardine-tastic. Feel sorry for any non-footy fans on that, not knowing a game had just finished!

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:12 - Aug 16 with 6194 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

You mean why were 2000 jubilant Ipswich fans who were celebrating a 88th minute winner away at Millwall stopped from interacting with very f**ked off and angry Millwall fans?

I have no idea...

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:14 - Aug 16 with 6174 viewsHarryfromBath

I reckon they wanted to clear the South Bermondsey platform of home supporters before allowing us on the trains. The police accompanied us on the train back to London Bridge and there was a visible presence when we disembarked.

I don't know if this is a regular occurrence, if they do this for night games or if it was a result of how the game played out. My sense is that this is the norm for most games.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:24 - Aug 16 with 6129 viewsDolly2.0

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:12 - Aug 16 by The_Romford_Blue

You mean why were 2000 jubilant Ipswich fans who were celebrating a 88th minute winner away at Millwall stopped from interacting with very f**ked off and angry Millwall fans?

I have no idea...

Have you been to the Den before? As I said, the fenced in and covered walkway for away fans goes all the way to the platform most Ipswich will be on. Millwall would've been long gone. I've been let out a lot quicker before (after wins, draws and losses) and never seen any trouble.

I think you've been watching too many hooligan movies young Rommers.

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:27 - Aug 16 with 6089 viewsDolly2.0

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:14 - Aug 16 by HarryfromBath

I reckon they wanted to clear the South Bermondsey platform of home supporters before allowing us on the trains. The police accompanied us on the train back to London Bridge and there was a visible presence when we disembarked.

I don't know if this is a regular occurrence, if they do this for night games or if it was a result of how the game played out. My sense is that this is the norm for most games.

I suspect it was over-cautiousness. Not noticed it being that long before but maybe I was more beered up previously and have forgotten.

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:29 - Aug 16 with 6066 viewsMullet

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:14 - Aug 16 by HarryfromBath

Clearly traced your posts back to here and seen talk of the Galloways mafia innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:30 - Aug 16 with 6046 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:24 - Aug 16 by Dolly2.0

Have you been to the Den before? As I said, the fenced in and covered walkway for away fans goes all the way to the platform most Ipswich will be on. Millwall would've been long gone. I've been let out a lot quicker before (after wins, draws and losses) and never seen any trouble.

I think you've been watching too many hooligan movies young Rommers.

As soon as we scored the winner, it was always gonna result in the police holding us back

I thought that was obvious tbh.

Any big following that scores a last minute winner at Millwall will be held back id say. Especially for a midweek game.

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:32 - Aug 16 with 6045 viewsJakeITFC

We missed the first train (which was packed), I had a go at a copper and then got an uber instead.

I really hate that football fans are treated in such a way before, during or after a game - imagine they did that at the end of any other entertainment?
I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:35 - Aug 16 with 6001 viewsHarryfromBath

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:29 - Aug 16 by Mullet

Clearly traced your posts back to here and seen talk of the Galloways mafia innit.

Proper order too. To be fair, the congregation outside the ground were happy enough to wait and serenade the night away.

On a side note, how is Senior today? Has he recovered yet? I am quite shattered.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Login to get fewer ads

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:38 - Aug 16 with 5957 viewsDolly2.0

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:32 - Aug 16 by JakeITFC

We missed the first train (which was packed), I had a go at a copper and then got an uber instead.

I really hate that football fans are treated in such a way before, during or after a game - imagine they did that at the end of any other entertainment?

Indeed.

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:38 - Aug 16 with 5953 viewsMullet

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:35 - Aug 16 by HarryfromBath

Proper order too. To be fair, the congregation outside the ground were happy enough to wait and serenade the night away.

On a side note, how is Senior today? Has he recovered yet? I am quite shattered.

I've not heard a peep from him. Mother rang me today which is auspicious under any circumstances. Says he lumbered in at 1:30am so I'm told.

I suspect at his age he's been tucked up for an hour at least recapturing 40 winks.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:39 - Aug 16 with 5928 viewsDolly2.0

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:30 - Aug 16 by The_Romford_Blue

As soon as we scored the winner, it was always gonna result in the police holding us back

I thought that was obvious tbh.

Any big following that scores a last minute winner at Millwall will be held back id say. Especially for a midweek game.

Did you read any of what I just said? You should listen to your elders and wisers young Rommers!

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:41 - Aug 16 with 5904 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:32 - Aug 16 by JakeITFC

People who attend most other events don't have (a sometimes sizeable) minority who want to fight / posture / intimidate / threaten / act like morons / all or some of the above.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:42 - Aug 16 with 5881 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:39 - Aug 16 by Dolly2.0

Did you read any of what I just said? You should listen to your elders and wisers young Rommers!

On any of the situations that you have been to Millwall away, have we scored a very late winner? Particularly midweek.

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:43 - Aug 16 with 5875 viewsFixed_It

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:38 - Aug 16 by Dolly2.0

Indeed.

I think they probably judged that there was more of a public safety issue last night at the end of the match than there would be at kicking out time after a showing of the latest Star Wars film at Cineworld.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 5852 viewsBluedanW

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:12 - Aug 16 by The_Romford_Blue

I have no idea...

We went to the Den the last league game and South bermondsey station was shut.
The walk to Canada water station was interesting. We actually got invited back to a local pub by a couple of millwall fans. But we politely declined.
I'm not sure they would of been so hospitable last night
I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:47 - Aug 16 with 5821 viewsFixed_It

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:42 - Aug 16 by The_Romford_Blue

On any of the situations that you have been to Millwall away, have we scored a very late winner? Particularly midweek.

We have been kept behind there previously on two occasions that I recall. I am happy to accept the police's judgement and experience in policing the locals.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:47 - Aug 16 with 5814 viewsDyland

To prevent you and the Neo IPS from tearing it up bwuv

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:49 - Aug 16 with 5790 viewsJakeITFC

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:41 - Aug 16 by ITFC_Forever

People who attend most other events don't have (a sometimes sizeable) minority who want to fight / posture / intimidate / threaten / act like morons / all or some of the above.

So treat us all like criminals and make us miss trains?
I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:50 - Aug 16 with 5770 viewsFixed_It

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:44 - Aug 16 by BluedanW

The walk to Canada water station was interesting. We actually got invited back to a local pub by a couple of millwall fans. But we politely declined.

I think that was the previous game. The police just held us behind then let us make our own way back. Not sure what they would have done if we were Leeds or West Ham...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:52 - Aug 16 with 5756 viewsFixed_It

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:49 - Aug 16 by JakeITFC

It really isn't complicated.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:52 - Aug 16 with 5749 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:44 - Aug 16 by BluedanW

That wasn't last time.

It was a time or two before that, but they showed us out on to Ilderton Road and left us to fend for ourselves.

Managed to find my way to Bermondsey tube by following some big lumps that were Millwall fans at a safe distance.

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 5738 viewsPJH

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:49 - Aug 16 by JakeITFC

I think that at Millwall and similar we are treated like that for our own protection rather than us being treated like criminals.
I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 5737 viewsJakeITFC

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:52 - Aug 16 by Fixed_It

It really isn't complicated.

At no point have I struggled with the complication of the matter, I'm saying I disagree with it.
I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:57 - Aug 16 with 5687 viewsDolly2.0

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:42 - Aug 16 by The_Romford_Blue

I dunno what midweek has to do with it. They'd be more beered up on a Saturday night having not come from work/with work the next day. I remember winning 3-2 there on a Saturday.

Like I say, never seen any trouble at Millwall. And this is including before we had the super-safe walkway.

It's probably cool to tell your mates you survived Millwall but it's really not that bad anymore and hasn't been for a long time. I went with a date last night... and came through Millwall territory.

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:59 - Aug 16 with 5675 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm sure it's already been covered, but why were we kept in so long? on 21:53 - Aug 16 by JakeITFC

At no point have I struggled with the complication of the matter, I'm saying I disagree with it.

Plus we seem to have a growing bunch of teenage / early twenties scrotes who like to wind up home fans for the bants.

Trouble is, they would crap themselves if said home fans ever took offence and made something of it.
They're probably so full of it as all their ITFC lives, they've never seen any trouble as the police firmly have the lid on the small chance of trouble at our games, so they think that the likes of Green St etc is just a game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024