Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lawrence 01:30 - Aug 17 with 3435 viewsJohnhoz

Interesting to read the praise and thanks he has for MM and his time at Town. I seem to remember similar comments from Ryan Fraser after his spell with us.

A far cry from the days and comments of the likes of Richie Wellens. Nice one Mick. Lovely to hear.

Lawrence: Town Loan Was Massive 16th Aug 2017 20:54
Former Blues loanee Tom Lawrence, who joined Derby County from Leicester City in a £7 million deal yesterday, says his season at Portman Road was massive for him and that he learned a lot working under Town boss Mick McCarthy. 22

[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 1:32]

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Tom Lawrence on 01:33 - Aug 17 with 3405 viewsCurrie10

What did Richie Wellens say out of interest?
Tom Lawrence on 03:27 - Aug 17 with 3352 viewsJohnhoz

Tom Lawrence on 01:33 - Aug 17 by Currie10

What did Richie Wellens say out of interest?

Wellens: Town Players Don't Care 29th Oct 2012 09:08
Loan midfielder Richie Wellens laid into Town’s permanent signings after Saturday’s dismal defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, claiming he and his fellow temporary signings are the only ones who care. Caretaker-manager Chris Hutchings similarly pointed the finger at players in his post-match press conference after the game. 139

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Tom Lawrence on 03:45 - Aug 17 with 3336 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Lawrence on 03:27 - Aug 17 by Johnhoz

Wellens: Town Players Don't Care 29th Oct 2012 09:08
Loan midfielder Richie Wellens laid into Town’s permanent signings after Saturday’s dismal defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, claiming he and his fellow temporary signings are the only ones who care. Caretaker-manager Chris Hutchings similarly pointed the finger at players in his post-match press conference after the game. 139

In all fairness, he wasn't wrong. The squad had been allowed to become utterly, utterly demoralised under Jewell with regular players being sidelined at a moments' notice for yet another loanee, and ageing has-beens and never were being given far more match time than they warranted.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 8:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tom Lawrence on 07:01 - Aug 17 with 3213 viewsbluefunk

Tom Lawrence on 03:45 - Aug 17 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, he wasn't wrong. The squad had been allowed to become utterly, utterly demoralised under Jewell with regular players being sidelined at a moments' notice for yet another loanee, and ageing has-beens and never were being given far more match time than they warranted.

and fans moan about MM's approach - how soon we forget
Tom Lawrence on 07:44 - Aug 17 with 3138 viewseireblue

Tom Lawrence on 03:45 - Aug 17 by BlueBadger

Apparently the squad used to have conversations along the lines of, " ....what is worse this or Keane".
Tom Lawrence on 08:00 - Aug 17 with 3081 viewsHerbivore

It was nice to read those comments from Lawrence, as has been mentioned Ryan Fraser said similar about his loan spell here. It's that kind of stuff that gives clubs like City the confidence they can give us a player like Celina, who they rate by all accounts, and we'll give him a good experience.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Lawrence on 08:00 - Aug 17 with 3082 viewsBlueNomad

Tom Lawrence on 07:44 - Aug 17 by eireblue

Apparently the squad used to have conversations along the lines of, " ....what is worse this or Keane".

This is one of the reasons why "Mick's good blokes" are so important. I don't suppose some will see it.
Tom Lawrence on 10:52 - Aug 17 with 2879 viewsVic

But this can't be right because Mick's a dinosaur, doesn't know what he's doing, only knows hoofball, etc, etc.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lawrence on 11:34 - Aug 17 with 2804 viewsKieran_Knows

It's almost as if Mick is still a well respected figure in the game....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tom Lawrence on 01:06 - Aug 20 with 2574 viewsCurrie10

Well said Richie Wellens.
Tom Lawrence on 01:38 - Aug 20 with 2545 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Tom Lawrence on 08:00 - Aug 17 by BlueNomad

This is one of the reasons why "Mick's good blokes" are so important. I don't suppose some will see it.

I chuckle when people use the fact that the squad are known for being nice geezers as a dig as though that is a bad thing.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 1:39]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024