Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. 08:34 - Aug 20 with 34912 viewsRimmersBrace

The ball is clearly not over the line! The crossbar is obscuring the ball. You can't see the whole ball past the line of the goal. Needs recalibration.
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:36 - Aug 20 with 10621 viewsASAx

A) Yes it is over the line. Clearly. It's been proven quite comprehensively.

B) Look at the far post. It's not quite in line with the goal line at this angle. So it merely looks like it hasn't crossed (the very slightest of the total area of the ball) based on where that camera is positioned. Imagine tilting the bar forwards slightly so it lines up with the far goal line. The ball would then clearly be over the line.

[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 8:40]
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:41 - Aug 20 with 10549 viewsKieran_Knows

Okay.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:45 - Aug 20 with 10495 viewsElderGrizzly

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:41 - Aug 20 by Kieran_Knows

Okay.

This re-incarnation of an old poster is going to end very soon i'm sure... #banhammer
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:47 - Aug 20 with 10467 viewsKieran_Knows

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:45 - Aug 20 by ElderGrizzly

This re-incarnation of an old poster is going to end very soon i'm sure... #banhammer

Becoming tedious.

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:48 - Aug 20 with 10438 viewsBarneycurley

Honestly is life that depressing that you go on a forum and post nonsense like this?

Very disturbing...

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:48 - Aug 20 with 10425 viewsRimmersBrace

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:36 - Aug 20 by ASAx

B) Look at the far post. It's not quite in line with the goal line at this angle. So it merely looks like it hasn't crossed (the very slightest of the total area of the ball) based on where that camera is positioned. Imagine tilting the bar forwards slightly so it lines up with the far goal line. The ball would then clearly be over the line.

I don't think it's anything to do with the camera position. But I agree the goal is not aligned properly. Begs the question how is it all calibrated. Does Hawkeye look at the line or is it all precalibrated? What happens when the lines are repainted etc.
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:50 - Aug 20 with 10401 viewsartsbossbeard

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:48 - Aug 20 by RimmersBrace

I don't think it's anything to do with the camera position. But I agree the goal is not aligned properly. Begs the question how is it all calibrated. Does Hawkeye look at the line or is it all precalibrated? What happens when the lines are repainted etc.

Sheldon Cooper has had a Red Bull for breakfast.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:50 - Aug 20 with 10400 viewsBluebell

Who cares. We won!

And it was definitely over the line!
Login to get fewer ads

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:52 - Aug 20 with 10383 viewsTLA

It looked over the line from behind the goal and the technology proved it was, just like in tennis, cricket etc.

I'm happy with that!
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:52 - Aug 20 with 10374 viewsKieran_Knows

Have a day off.

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:54 - Aug 20 with 10350 viewsRimmersBrace

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:52 - Aug 20 by Kieran_Knows

Have a day off.

Just pointing out that the ball did not cross the line of the goal, which has now been accepted is due to the goal being on the wonk!
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:56 - Aug 20 with 10306 viewsitfcjoe

Obvious troll is obvious

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:58 - Aug 20 with 10282 viewsElderGrizzly

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:54 - Aug 20 by RimmersBrace

Just pointing out that the ball did not cross the line of the goal, which has now been accepted is due to the goal being on the wonk!

It hasn't been accepted and no-one has said the goal is on the wonk. They said it '"looks like it is" from a certain angle.

Try another post. Maybe your third thread this morning will be more successful.

Hawkeye is recalibrated before each game btw
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:01 - Aug 20 with 10256 viewsRimmersBrace

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:58 - Aug 20 by ElderGrizzly

It hasn't been accepted and no-one has said the goal is on the wonk. They said it '"looks like it is" from a certain angle.

Try another post. Maybe your third thread this morning will be more successful.

Hawkeye is recalibrated before each game btw

Are you blind? The cross bar is in front of the goal line. The posts are not vertical. The camera angle is correct and is part of the Hawkeye system.
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:02 - Aug 20 with 10239 viewsElderGrizzly

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:01 - Aug 20 by RimmersBrace

Are you blind? The cross bar is in front of the goal line. The posts are not vertical. The camera angle is correct and is part of the Hawkeye system.

You obviously can't read. Cheerio KC
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:04 - Aug 20 with 10201 viewsITFC_Forever

It was over the line.

Straight away I knew it was in and knew the ref's watch was going to tell him so.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:04 - Aug 20 with 10202 viewsTractorchef

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 08:36 - Aug 20 by ASAx

There's a grey line on that image that runs along the back edge of the goal line so assume it goes off of that. Definitely over.
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:07 - Aug 20 with 10158 viewsBackToRussia

When are we signing that bloke from Brighton for £5 million?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:12 - Aug 20 with 10118 viewsRimmersBrace

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:04 - Aug 20 by Tractorchef

There's a grey line on that image that runs along the back edge of the goal line so assume it goes off of that. Definitely over.

Yeah good spot. So that must represent the back edge of the goal line. Shame the real goal is not aligned with it. Begs the question: Which goal we are using?
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:15 - Aug 20 with 10085 viewschristiand

The goal posts should be in line with the goal line surely? It looks like they are set slightly behind which gives the illusion that the whole ball isn't over the line and why the ball is obscured.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:16 - Aug 20 with 10048 viewsRimmersBrace

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:15 - Aug 20 by christiand

The goal posts should be in line with the goal line surely? It looks like they are set slightly behind which gives the illusion that the whole ball isn't over the line and why the ball is obscured.

Correct
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:20 - Aug 20 with 10016 viewsDarth_Koont

It's far enough over the line.

Bit like you.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:22 - Aug 20 with 9999 viewsblueM3

Even though you are quite clearly a massive helmet, il hi our you by sharing this link.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22104312

And in case you don't look it quite clearly states it makes no difference if the goal is upright or not.

7 cameras used not just the one they use as the demo camera.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 9:23]
Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:23 - Aug 20 with 9963 viewsLankHenners

Got to be honest - don't really get the whole 'being deliberately stupid' thing. Trolling used to be smart.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:29 - Aug 20 with 9892 viewsRimmersBrace

Hawkeye got that goal wrong. on 09:22 - Aug 20 by blueM3

Even though you are quite clearly a massive helmet, il hi our you by sharing this link.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22104312

And in case you don't look it quite clearly states it makes no difference if the goal is upright or not.

7 cameras used not just the one they use as the demo camera.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 9:23]

I can't click on that link. But there is an important principle at stake here and that is what constitutes a goal. Is the plane of the goal either:

a) a vertical plane from the goal line up or
b) a plane between the goal line and the goal frame.

If it's b) above (as it surely must be) then Hawkeye has it wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024