Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tinder 16:15 - Aug 24 with 27438 viewsHarryWright

Any one used it?

Having loads of fun matching with people at the moment.
Tinder on 16:19 - Aug 24 with 7729 viewstcblue

Completed it mate
Tinder on 16:20 - Aug 24 with 7717 viewsHarryWright

Tinder on 16:19 - Aug 24 by tcblue

Completed it mate

you've swiped everyone in your area?
Tinder on 16:20 - Aug 24 with 7717 viewsSwailsey

I actually met my long term partner on there.

It helped that we had a mutual friend in common who 'validated' both of us, but the first meeting was there.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Tinder on 20:19 - Aug 24 with 7473 viewsDolly2.0

Yep.

Happn is also good, but Bumble has a higher quality of lass than both Happn and Tinder, if that's not too sexist!

These apps work better in London (more choice). I have a mate who's used Happn in Bishop's Stortford and pretty much knows every girl on there.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Tinder on 20:26 - Aug 24 with 7449 viewsjaykay

Tinder on 20:19 - Aug 24 by Dolly2.0

Yep.

Happn is also good, but Bumble has a higher quality of lass than both Happn and Tinder, if that's not too sexist!

These apps work better in London (more choice). I have a mate who's used Happn in Bishop's Stortford and pretty much knows every girl on there.

so he's not posh,following on from your last thread.otherwise he would be on elite singles

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tinder on 20:29 - Aug 24 with 7437 viewsTIB

Tinder on 16:19 - Aug 24 by tcblue

Completed it mate

This

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Tinder on 20:43 - Aug 24 with 7388 viewstcblue

Tinder on 16:20 - Aug 24 by HarryWright

you've swiped everyone in your area?

End of game guardian was quite tricky (your mum)
Tinder on 21:02 - Aug 24 with 7325 viewsGlasgowBlue

I just don't get it. It takes all the fun out of chatting up a bird. Some you win and sometimes you got a knock back but I can honestly say that if I were single again I would find somebody else the old fashioned way rather than on the internet.

I can see why a bloke would go through tinder but my opinion is that if a bird is reduced to using a dating site then she doesn't get chatted up enough. No quality girl would be on one of those sites because they are either taken or get enough offers in the real world.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Tinder on 21:09 - Aug 24 with 7313 viewsconnorscontract

Tinder on 21:02 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

I just don't get it. It takes all the fun out of chatting up a bird. Some you win and sometimes you got a knock back but I can honestly say that if I were single again I would find somebody else the old fashioned way rather than on the internet.

I can see why a bloke would go through tinder but my opinion is that if a bird is reduced to using a dating site then she doesn't get chatted up enough. No quality girl would be on one of those sites because they are either taken or get enough offers in the real world.

The literature on this suggests otherwise.

Psychologists have had random panels evaluate photos for attractiveness, and have interviewed those who have had their photos evaluated.

Women who score as quite attractive (say a 6 or 7 out of 10 on a scored scale) are much more likely to be chatted up than women who score as highly attractive (9 or 10). The theory is that many men decide that these women are "Out of their League" and don't approach them.
Tinder on 21:12 - Aug 24 with 7284 viewsm14_blue

Tinder on 21:09 - Aug 24 by connorscontract

Psychologists have had random panels evaluate photos for attractiveness, and have interviewed those who have had their photos evaluated.

Women who score as quite attractive (say a 6 or 7 out of 10 on a scored scale) are much more likely to be chatted up than women who score as highly attractive (9 or 10). The theory is that many men decide that these women are "Out of their League" and don't approach them.

Finally, a believable explanation of why I never get approached by birds.
Tinder on 21:13 - Aug 24 with 7277 viewsSarge

Disagree. Women by and large would prefer not to be hassled by men at every opportunity. At least if it's a mutual match it takes all the awkwardness and rejection out of it.
Tinder on 21:30 - Aug 24 with 7241 viewsDolly2.0

You have a bit of a point but you're also a bit stuck in the Dark Ages. Apps/dating websites are not seen as for losers/the last turkey in the butchers anymore and are just another way of meeting people. In this busy world we live in, it's also a lot quicker than going up to every bird in a bar.

It doesn't take the fun out either. You still have the chatting up stage on the first date, as people invariably look/act different when you meet them in real life. It's just the initial barrier is down I guess.

You are utterly wrong that no quality girl would be on those sites - people are busy, it's easier, and quality girls get hit on by dickheads a lot of the time. This way they can vet them a bit.

You don't use them but I can assure you you'd be very surprised at the quality of women on them. I would probably think like you if I hadn't experienced them.

I met my ex on Tinder. Yeah it finished, as many relationships do, but I had a wonderful year and a half with her, 3 fantastic holidays including one in Austria where she spent a lot of her childhood (she's half Austrian) where I had an experience I doubt I ever would have had due to it being quite an obscure, yet beautiful, place.

I'd do it all again given the chance.

It's just one of the modern ways of doing things which shouldn't be mocked unless you've tried it, lest you be speaking from a position of ignorance.

That was a longer post than I intended, but hopefully it clarified things!

My mates fell in love with her. Of people on here, Warkers saw her, Callis certainly had a chat with her, and I reckon both would describe her as "quality". She probably looked like an Amazonian goddess to Callis, being, as she is, over 6 foot. Her legs are probably longer than him.

Tinder on 21:34 - Aug 24 with 7223 viewsjeera

" No quality girl would be on one of those sites because they are either taken or get enough offers in the real world."

Crikey Glassers.

Have a word mate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tinder on 21:38 - Aug 24 with 7210 viewsjeera

Tinder on 21:13 - Aug 24 by Sarge

Disagree. Women by and large would prefer not to be hassled by men at every opportunity. At least if it's a mutual match it takes all the awkwardness and rejection out of it.

Absolutely. Some women may not want some slimy blokes sidling up to them in bars.

Some women might not like bars/being around bars/alcohol.

Some women might like to have equal opportunities as men and be able to feel free to use apps if they like and meet other people as they choose.

Tinder on 21:40 - Aug 24 with 7187 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'No quality girl would be on one of those sites because they are either taken or get enough offers in the real world.'

Come on Glassers - you're better than that..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Tinder on 21:42 - Aug 24 with 7181 viewsDolly2.0

Tinder on 21:09 - Aug 24 by connorscontract

Yeah, that makes sense.

Most of us blokes, if we're honest, are wusses, and go for the low hanging fruit (in real life)! On dating apps you just swipe right on the really hot ones, and if you get a match you're laughing.

I see where Glassers is coming from but I wonder, in reality, how often he bounded up to Rachel Riley lookalikes with his chat and a cheeky smile.

To be honest I've swiped left on a lot of 'hot' ones because they look too made-up/fake. And don't get me started on girls that shave off their eyebrows and then draw on ones that are so dark and with such straight edges that you literally can't focus on anything else. WTF is that all about? They look like clowns.

Tinder on 21:44 - Aug 24 with 7163 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Tinder on 21:42 - Aug 24 by Dolly2.0

Yeah, that makes sense.

Most of us blokes, if we're honest, are wusses, and go for the low hanging fruit (in real life)! On dating apps you just swipe right on the really hot ones, and if you get a match you're laughing.

I see where Glassers is coming from but I wonder, in reality, how often he bounded up to Rachel Riley lookalikes with his chat and a cheeky smile.

To be honest I've swiped left on a lot of 'hot' ones because they look too made-up/fake. And don't get me started on girls that shave off their eyebrows and then draw on ones that are so dark and with such straight edges that you literally can't focus on anything else. WTF is that all about? They look like clowns.

Wait... people draw on their eyebrows??

Is this a real thing? Like with felt tip or something?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Tinder on 21:49 - Aug 24 with 7127 viewsSarge

Tinder on 21:44 - Aug 24 by The_Romford_Blue

As someone from the east London/Essex area I'm incredibly surprised that you aren't aware of it
Tinder on 21:51 - Aug 24 with 7113 viewsDolly2.0

I dunno if you're about to whoosh me but you must've seen this at your age?

I'm not an expert but I reckon eyebrow pencils rather than felt tips.

Tinder on 21:52 - Aug 24 with 7106 viewsFootballpete

Isn't Romford in Essex? Surely you're familiar with this style?

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Tinder on 21:56 - Aug 24 with 7088 viewsjeera

I like those that looked permanently surprised.

I think that should be a 'thing'.

Tinder on 22:01 - Aug 24 with 7059 viewsSteve_M

The 1950s called, can it have it's post back?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tinder on 22:03 - Aug 24 with 7051 viewsconnorscontract

Tinder on 21:42 - Aug 24 by Dolly2.0

Yeah, that makes sense.

The consequent advice for men is not to chat up the women you think of as 7 out of 10 as they get pestered all the time, but to go straight for the 10 out of 10 because they don't, and may be more open as a result.

Like you say with TInder, if you then get a good response- jackpot!
Tinder on 22:07 - Aug 24 with 7020 viewsDolly2.0

Tinder on 21:56 - Aug 24 by jeera

I like those that looked permanently surprised.

I think that should be a 'thing'.

I think that's just when they see you mate. Maybe keep little Jeera wrapped up till after the smalltalk at least.

And when I say smalltalk I mean small talk.

Tinder on 22:09 - Aug 24 with 7009 viewsjeera

Tinder on 22:01 - Aug 24 by Steve_M

The 1950s called, can it have it's post back?

Surely all the real quality ones are at home doing the chores because only the decent types wouldn't be left on the [pantry] shelf.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024