Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skyscanner 13:56 - Sep 3 with 6825 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

Has anyone used the online travel agents on Skyscanner? I will be returning to the UK next month on a one way ticket and from then on I will be purchasing a return ticket from the UK.
Some of the cheaper tickets are with Omega, Sumo, Travel Trolley, etc. Has anyone had any dealings with these companies?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Skyscanner on 14:20 - Sep 3 with 6794 viewsfactual_blue

I had a look when booking flights to New Zealand recently, but ultimately booked direct with Singapore Airlines. For the dates and journey I wanted, I got a price I was more than happy with.

Also, wasn't keen on booking via sites I'd never heard of, or some of the airlines on offer.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Skyscanner on 14:27 - Sep 3 with 6778 viewstcblue

Yes I have. They're not really a travel agent though, they just aggregate prices and direct you to the airlines' website.
Skyscanner on 14:29 - Sep 3 with 6772 viewsWeWereZombies

I've used them a few times, like you I had slight concerns about not dealing with 'name' companies but have had no problems. Most recent was Carlton Leisure in Pinner for a flight to Nairobi via Addis Ababa - they even sent me an eCard last Christmas, and Tripsta for the flight back to Heathrow from Addis. Both these companies were UK based though so, making a booking in the UK using a Visa debit card I felt a degree of protection if they were bogus. Not heard of Omega, Sumo or Travel Trolley but these companies tend to be small and living on their wits to exploit the cracks in the big companies pricing policies.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Skyscanner on 14:31 - Sep 3 with 6768 viewsMaySixth

No.
I can help you with travel though if you want to send me a PM - I have a great contact in the UK who sorts these things and can pass on your details/brief.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Skyscanner on 14:35 - Sep 3 with 6752 viewsflyingdutchman

Used them many times for flights to bkk never had a problem
Skyscanner on 15:07 - Sep 3 with 6707 viewscaught-in-limbo

Yes, I've used Skyscanner a lot and without any problems because like tcblue says "They're not really a travel agent... they just aggregate prices and direct you to the airlines' website."

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Skyscanner on 15:12 - Sep 3 with 6691 viewsWeWereZombies

Skyscanner on 15:07 - Sep 3 by caught-in-limbo

Yes, I've used Skyscanner a lot and without any problems because like tcblue says "They're not really a travel agent... they just aggregate prices and direct you to the airlines' website."

Not always the case, beyond the EasyJet and Vueling destinations it is often a case of buying from a bucket shop (High street travel agent that probably has a higher turnover from airline seat sales than package tours) at a fraction above cost price.

Skyscanner on 15:18 - Sep 3 with 6670 viewscaught-in-limbo

Skyscanner on 15:12 - Sep 3 by WeWereZombies

Not always the case, beyond the EasyJet and Vueling destinations it is often a case of buying from a bucket shop (High street travel agent that probably has a higher turnover from airline seat sales than package tours) at a fraction above cost price.

I've travelled to 3 different Asian countries in the last three years each with different airlines (none of which are the ones you mention) and I have been directed to the airline companies themselves and dealt exclusively with them.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

Skyscanner on 15:27 - Sep 3 with 6658 viewsWeWereZombies

Skyscanner on 15:18 - Sep 3 by caught-in-limbo

I've travelled to 3 different Asian countries in the last three years each with different airlines (none of which are the ones you mention) and I have been directed to the airline companies themselves and dealt exclusively with them.

No doubt you have but it isn't always the case, or the subject matter of the OP.

Skyscanner on 16:53 - Sep 3 with 6589 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Skyscanner on 19:39 - Sep 3 with 6496 viewsTractorWood

Skyscanner on 14:20 - Sep 3 by factual_blue

I had a look when booking flights to New Zealand recently, but ultimately booked direct with Singapore Airlines. For the dates and journey I wanted, I got a price I was more than happy with.

Also, wasn't keen on booking via sites I'd never heard of, or some of the airlines on offer.

Have used Singapore from the UK, around Asia and using their regional service Silkair. Every time, they've been excellent.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 20:51]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Skyscanner on 16:35 - Sep 4 with 6336 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

Skyscanner on 19:39 - Sep 3 by TractorWood

Have used Singapore from the UK, around Asia and using their regional service Silkair. Every time, they've been excellent.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 20:51]

Flew Singapore Airlines earlier this year and they were excellent. Unfortunately their prices are very expensive this time round. I always look for the best deal around on one of the better known airlines and Thai seem to have the best deals at the moment.
Skyscanner on 16:57 - Sep 4 with 6316 viewsNo9

Look at the route(s) you want to fly then try one of the major carriers direct.
Their offers can work out cheaper when you bundle everything together.
Skyscanner on 12:42 - Sep 6 with 6264 viewsTractorWood

Skyscanner on 16:35 - Sep 4 by THAILAND_BLUE

Flew Singapore Airlines earlier this year and they were excellent. Unfortunately their prices are very expensive this time round. I always look for the best deal around on one of the better known airlines and Thai seem to have the best deals at the moment.

Got a good deal recently with Garuda to Singapore via Jakarta. Reviews seem quite good.

Skyscanner on 12:52 - Sep 6 with 6246 viewsBlueRaider

I used Omega once, they double charged me, it took the best part of a year and involving ABTA to get a refund.

Absolutely hopeless, you couldn't get through to them by phone and their office in London had closed

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Skyscanner on 21:24 - Sep 6 with 6164 viewsbluejake78

Skyscanner on 12:52 - Sep 6 by BlueRaider

I used Omega once, they double charged me, it took the best part of a year and involving ABTA to get a refund.

Absolutely hopeless, you couldn't get through to them by phone and their office in London had closed

I got a free flight with those bugg**rs
Skyscanner on 21:31 - Sep 6 with 6151 viewscolchesterchris

I booked an error fare through Travel Trolley a couple of weeks ago for New York, so far they've been helpful enough. I used Skyscanner, and I can now access my details on the Air Canada booking page so seems good enough to me.

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Skyscanner on 21:36 - Sep 6 with 6142 viewsWeWereZombies

Skyscanner on 21:31 - Sep 6 by colchesterchris

I booked an error fare through Travel Trolley a couple of weeks ago for New York, so far they've been helpful enough. I used Skyscanner, and I can now access my details on the Air Canada booking page so seems good enough to me.

Be interesting to see how you get on with Air Canada, my one recent flight with them was awful on a number of counts and we had been warned what to expect beforehand, still surprised us how bad a supposedly reputable airline could be.

Skyscanner on 21:47 - Sep 6 with 6134 viewscolchesterchris

Skyscanner on 21:36 - Sep 6 by WeWereZombies

Be interesting to see how you get on with Air Canada, my one recent flight with them was awful on a number of counts and we had been warned what to expect beforehand, still surprised us how bad a supposedly reputable airline could be.

Hmm, you're not the first person I've heard that kind of feedback from actually...

Although, at £130 return I probably can't grumble too much.

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Skyscanner on 23:05 - Sep 6 with 6103 viewsjaykay

ive looked at most of these sites and think that sounds a good deal but then rightly or wrongly look them up on the net. then the doubts set in and i end up booking my flights through the airline. one airline company seem to cheap on business class compared to others is turkish airlines. i booked premium class tickets to fly to singapore on friday with b.a. a few months ago but a month later i did a dummy booking with turkish airlines in business class and it was only £129 dearer than the price i paid for premium class.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Skyscanner on 07:24 - Sep 7 with 6059 viewsTractorWood

Skyscanner on 23:05 - Sep 6 by jaykay

ive looked at most of these sites and think that sounds a good deal but then rightly or wrongly look them up on the net. then the doubts set in and i end up booking my flights through the airline. one airline company seem to cheap on business class compared to others is turkish airlines. i booked premium class tickets to fly to singapore on friday with b.a. a few months ago but a month later i did a dummy booking with turkish airlines in business class and it was only £129 dearer than the price i paid for premium class.

BA will be more expensive as it's direct to Singapore whereas you'll have to change in Istanbul with Turkish. BAs premium economy cabin is usually over priced too in my opinion. Your experience doesn't surprise me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024