Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... 13:17 - Sep 5 with 9457 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/ipswich-town-5-bolton-wanderers-3

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 16:38 - Sep 6 with 1749 viewstrncbluearmy

Proper pitch invasion to

COYB
Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 16:42 - Sep 6 with 1747 viewsClapham_Junction

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 09:21 - Sep 6 by BOjK

Also ... as if to remind ourselves this was football from a different age the game wasn't televised.

It wasn't even on Five Live. I was away at Uni and had to make do with occasional mentions of the game (I couldn't get online as our Halls only had six computers for over 100 students and they were all in use that evening). Agonising.
Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 18:56 - Sep 6 with 1703 viewstextbackup

Most incredible game/atmosphere there will ever be at PR, aged 14/15 it doesn't even annoy me that nothing will top that, every second of that night sticks in my memory like it was yesterday.

If you weren't there, I feel so sorry for you

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 20:24 - Sep 6 with 1673 viewspowinswitch

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 16:42 - Sep 6 by Clapham_Junction

It wasn't even on Five Live. I was away at Uni and had to make do with occasional mentions of the game (I couldn't get online as our Halls only had six computers for over 100 students and they were all in use that evening). Agonising.

It wasn't on five live cos the UEFA cup final was. I was in Belize, at a formal sit down dinner. I had a radio with earphones in, and listened to the radio. They kept crossing to Portman road cos so much was happening, but it was ages between their third goal and our equaliser.

As much as I wish I could claim to have been at the best ever game at Portman road, and I was at the UEFA cup final (well both legs actually), I can't believe there was ever a better game at our gaff. Ever.
Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 20:54 - Sep 6 with 1652 viewsITFC_Forever

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 20:24 - Sep 6 by powinswitch

It wasn't on five live cos the UEFA cup final was. I was in Belize, at a formal sit down dinner. I had a radio with earphones in, and listened to the radio. They kept crossing to Portman road cos so much was happening, but it was ages between their third goal and our equaliser.

As much as I wish I could claim to have been at the best ever game at Portman road, and I was at the UEFA cup final (well both legs actually), I can't believe there was ever a better game at our gaff. Ever.

Yep, pretty sure it was Arsenal losing to Galatasaary.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 21:21 - Sep 6 with 1629 viewsRyorry

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 20:24 - Sep 6 by powinswitch

In a way, it not being on radio or TV actually added to the absolutely electric atmos on here, as people kept checking in and saying "OMG I can't keep up" "what's happened now?" "we've scored again" "X has been sent off etc etc etc. Best night **ever** on TWTD!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 21:33 - Sep 6 with 1621 viewsolimar

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 11:01 - Sep 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yep this, knew I wasn't going mad

They maybe helped change the dynamic of extra time a bit, but it's definitely been overstated over time. Nice story though!

Good point here, hadnt realised that myself. Although I did remember that at full time there was that sense that it had turned in our favour. The previous year, it was some extra time for us to try and make the difference.
Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 21:39 - Sep 6 with 1602 viewspatrickswell

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 13:46 - Sep 5 by ITFC_Forever

Must admit, I had completely not remembered / not noticed at the time that McGreal didn't play in the second leg.

Was he injured?

He must have been because Manu Thetis started alongside Mowbray and Venus in the first leg and Wayne Brown came on when Mogga had to be subbed after half an hour at the Reebok.
Login to get fewer ads

Excellent piece on the Bolton semi-final in 2000 doing the rounds on Twitter.... on 22:06 - Sep 6 with 1581 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm 100% confident that I'll never experience anything like that again.

What a night.

Oh & what a team that was.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024