Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse 16:11 - Sep 9 with 9925 viewscrunchie1978

Surely when your 2nil down you'd take him off as he offers nothing from an attacking standpoint to get us back in the game.
Skuse on 11:25 - Sep 10 with 2699 viewsbournemouthblue

Skuse on 16:36 - Sep 9 by J2BLUE

When we have a makeshift central defence and a debutant at full back?

I know there's the nothing to lose argument but it sounds like suicide. The other 5 players should be doing the attacking leaving Skuse, the defence and the keeper to deal with their attacks.

That's very much the MM school of thought and that's even when we have a stronger line up

He probably likes the shield of Skuse, even in a hell for leather situation

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Skuse on 13:26 - Sep 10 with 2653 viewsgt81

Skuse on 11:25 - Sep 10 by bournemouthblue

That's very much the MM school of thought and that's even when we have a stronger line up

He probably likes the shield of Skuse, even in a hell for leather situation

The shield of Skuse?

In 6 games the opposition have averaged 20 shots per game against us, he's more like a sieve than a shield.

Even average players that have a bit of pace and mobility effectively take him out of the game.

He did a decent enough job for us for a few seasons, but it's now time we look to move on, for the good of both the club and the player.
Skuse on 13:34 - Sep 10 with 2647 viewsNo9

Skuse on 20:34 - Sep 9 by Garv

Not really harsh considering how defensive we were for those three years.

And we have a GK who has been MoM for too often.
Defence isn't the issue.
The opposition getting to Town's 18 yard box is.
Skuse on 13:42 - Sep 10 with 2643 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Skuse on 13:26 - Sep 10 by gt81

The shield of Skuse?

In 6 games the opposition have averaged 20 shots per game against us, he's more like a sieve than a shield.

Even average players that have a bit of pace and mobility effectively take him out of the game.

He did a decent enough job for us for a few seasons, but it's now time we look to move on, for the good of both the club and the player.

'In 6 games the opposition have averaged 20 shots per game against us, he's more like a sieve than a shield.'.

Some people will still tell you that he's a Premier League player isn't he? And so vital for us, eh?
Skuse on 13:50 - Sep 10 with 2628 viewsBenters

Are you mad?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Skuse on 13:56 - Sep 10 with 2612 viewscrunchie1978

Skuse on 10:57 - Sep 10 by patrickswell

I think at 2-0 down with the game getting stretched and the third goal vital, the last thing you want to do is leave yourself light on cover at the back when you're chasing the game. Neither Skuse or Downes got hold of the midfield in the second half, but it's pointless to single out Skuse when the men in front of him all were either anonymous or wasteful when they got on the ball. Seriously, McGoldrick had possibly the poorest game I've seen from him in terms of decision making yesterday and Ward was nearly as bad. Garner worked hard but let his frustrations get the better of him and Waghorn couldn't get in the game at all.

So at what point would you consider it safe to take him off in order to score the goals to get you at best a draw?
Skuse on 13:58 - Sep 10 with 2603 viewsLankHenners

Skuse on 13:56 - Sep 10 by crunchie1978

So at what point would you consider it safe to take him off in order to score the goals to get you at best a draw?

Taking your holding midfielder off for an attacking one is kitchen sink territory. Regardless of his faults, Skuse gets a disproportionate amount of stick when we lose, whereas the likes of McGoldrick, Garner, Waghorn etc. (our attacking force) get a free pass despite Smithies having nothing to do yesterday.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Skuse on 14:00 - Sep 10 with 2598 viewscrunchie1978

Skuse on 13:58 - Sep 10 by LankHenners

Taking your holding midfielder off for an attacking one is kitchen sink territory. Regardless of his faults, Skuse gets a disproportionate amount of stick when we lose, whereas the likes of McGoldrick, Garner, Waghorn etc. (our attacking force) get a free pass despite Smithies having nothing to do yesterday.

2 nil down is kitchen sink time surely....one maybe not....but two has to Be!
Login to get fewer ads

Skuse on 14:00 - Sep 10 with 2594 viewsLankHenners

Skuse on 14:00 - Sep 10 by crunchie1978

2 nil down is kitchen sink time surely....one maybe not....but two has to Be!

Not at 55 mins though.

Skuse on 14:02 - Sep 10 with 2586 viewscrunchie1978

Skuse on 14:00 - Sep 10 by LankHenners

Not at 55 mins though.

So how long would you give it then?
Skuse on 14:06 - Sep 10 with 2572 viewsLankHenners

Skuse on 14:02 - Sep 10 by crunchie1978

So how long would you give it then?

Somewhere in the last 10 perhaps but you'd leave yourself so open to counter attacks you'd have to have a strong belief you can turn the result around without conceding a game killer. By all accounts we nearly nicked an equaliser at the death so maybe if we'd have upped the intensity earlier (plus brought Celina on earlier) we might have scraped over the line. Other things we should/could do before taking off DMs for forwards.

Skuse on 14:10 - Sep 10 with 2569 viewsgt81

Skuse on 13:58 - Sep 10 by LankHenners

True that, but a lot of the time, forwards are only as good as the supply of chances they get from midfield, which isn't a lot from ours.

Plus Sears and Waghorn are being played out of position more often than not.

Most of the constructive critics know that it isn't just down to the players though, Mick's tactical limitations don't allow us to get the most of what we have available. Even when we approach something like a fit squad, I still don't expect us to dictate the tempo or direction of the games we play.
Skuse on 14:12 - Sep 10 with 2567 viewscrunchie1978

Skuse on 14:06 - Sep 10 by LankHenners

Somewhere in the last 10 perhaps but you'd leave yourself so open to counter attacks you'd have to have a strong belief you can turn the result around without conceding a game killer. By all accounts we nearly nicked an equaliser at the death so maybe if we'd have upped the intensity earlier (plus brought Celina on earlier) we might have scraped over the line. Other things we should/could do before taking off DMs for forwards.

True Celina should of been on earlier.....id say last 10 was far to late...perhaps maybe give it 10-15 after they scored their 2nd before going for it...but when you looking to get back into the game...skuse shouldn't be on the pitch.
Skuse on 15:49 - Sep 10 with 2546 viewsNo9

Skuse on 14:00 - Sep 10 by LankHenners

Not at 55 mins though.

If you go two down just after 1/2 time then it is time to re-hash the team as clearly the defensive game has failed. Sticking with the same could mean another is conceded then it really is over.
MM's substitutions have always been a mystery not only in the who's but also in the when's.
Skuse on 20:23 - Sep 10 with 2492 viewshave_a_word_with_him

on 16:40 - Sep 9 by _

Interesting, link to the stats please?
on 21:00 - Sep 10 with 2469 views_

Skuse on 20:23 - Sep 10 by have_a_word_with_him

Interesting, link to the stats please?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024