Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contract talks 17:43 - Sep 19 with 9244 viewsSteve_D

Phil with effectively 8 months left on M M contract. Have any talks started , if he was staying would expect something around Dec to be announced as the Jan transfer window could be important
Contract talks on 17:54 - Sep 19 with 6553 viewsSpruceMoose

That reminds me, Phil, I have 15 months remaining on my current TWTD contract. Let's get your people to talk to my people eh? Being honest, I've received an attractive offer from Tractor-Boys forum, with a lucrative pay per post clause, but wanted to give you the chance to match it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Contract talks on 18:42 - Sep 19 with 6461 viewsBluefish

I thought I should let you know that someone has created a comedy alias of you. You should probably get Phil to delete them.

They are going under the alias of steve_m

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Contract talks on 19:14 - Sep 19 with 6418 viewsfactual_blue

Contract talks on 17:54 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

That reminds me, Phil, I have 15 months remaining on my current TWTD contract. Let's get your people to talk to my people eh? Being honest, I've received an attractive offer from Tractor-Boys forum, with a lucrative pay per post clause, but wanted to give you the chance to match it.

$15.99 sound good to you?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Contract talks on 19:16 - Sep 19 with 6416 viewsSpruceMoose

Contract talks on 19:14 - Sep 19 by factual_blue

$15.99 sound good to you?

That wouldn't even buy you ten minutes.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Contract talks on 19:51 - Sep 19 with 6341 viewsfactual_blue

Contract talks on 19:16 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

That wouldn't even buy you ten minutes.

The number of times I've been told that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Contract talks on 20:32 - Sep 19 with 6259 viewsSpruceMoose

Contract talks on 19:51 - Sep 19 by factual_blue

The number of times I've been told that.

Jokes on them if you only need 180 seconds though.

Contract talks on 20:36 - Sep 19 with 6251 viewsPhilTWTD

I think any discussions along those lines will be a while off yet, probably post-January when there's a better idea of how the season will end up, particularly given the club has an option for another couple of years and can decide to keep him if they want him.
Contract talks on 20:38 - Sep 19 with 6239 viewsSpruceMoose

Contract talks on 20:36 - Sep 19 by PhilTWTD

I think any discussions along those lines will be a while off yet, probably post-January when there's a better idea of how the season will end up, particularly given the club has an option for another couple of years and can decide to keep him if they want him.

Ahem... Are you really going to make me run out my contract, training with the reserves on the News comments? Maybe I'll skulk off to South America and leave scathing comments about you on Twitter.

Login to get fewer ads

Contract talks on 20:38 - Sep 19 with 6247 viewsPhilTWTD

Contract talks on 17:54 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

I'll get back to you. Our Scandinavian scout has been keeping an eye on DapperElk, who he feels could fulfil a similar role at a fraction of the cost.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Contract talks on 20:40 - Sep 19 with 6212 viewsSpruceMoose

Contract talks on 20:38 - Sep 19 by PhilTWTD

I'll get back to you. Our Scandinavian scout has been keeping an eye on DapperElk, who he feels could fulfil a similar role at a fraction of the cost.

Oh I see. Well, just remember, an unhappy Moose won't be good for squad morale.

Contract talks on 08:52 - Sep 20 with 5984 viewsNo9

Contract talks on 20:36 - Sep 19 by PhilTWTD

If the crowds continue to be as low as Saturdays - with big expanses of seating showing - the financial avisors will be sugggesting to Mr E that his investment needs a shake up won't they?
Contract talks on 09:29 - Sep 20 with 5936 viewshype313

Contract talks on 08:52 - Sep 20 by No9

If the crowds continue to be as low as Saturdays - with big expanses of seating showing - the financial avisors will be sugggesting to Mr E that his investment needs a shake up won't they?

What if the results continue in a positive manner but the crowds are still low? you can't sack someone for doing well.

Think people need to realise that our club is, and always has had a fair weather base, get into the play offs and a few more thousand will turn up, get in the PL and another 10k will turn up.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Contract talks on 09:36 - Sep 20 with 5907 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Contract talks on 09:29 - Sep 20 by hype313

What if the results continue in a positive manner but the crowds are still low? you can't sack someone for doing well.

Think people need to realise that our club is, and always has had a fair weather base, get into the play offs and a few more thousand will turn up, get in the PL and another 10k will turn up.

Maybe there are a lot of skint people out there ! Apart from the moose (mooses, mise, meese? ) obviously.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Contract talks on 09:48 - Sep 20 with 5880 viewsNo9

Contract talks on 09:29 - Sep 20 by hype313

It is a commercial organisation (business). Any business has to improve income to increase profitability to contine to trade or have cash injected from the owners / shareholders.

If the lack of entertainment (as per the Bolton game) continues, the the owners will wonder if the investment at present levels is worthwhile.

All football clubs have a fair-weather base of support, not just ITFC which is why many owners see changing team management as being encessary to increase receipts either from the gate or sponsorship.

Getting into the PL will not happen without new investment = full circle
Contract talks on 09:49 - Sep 20 with 5877 viewsNo9

Contract talks on 09:36 - Sep 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Maybe there are a lot of skint people out there ! Apart from the moose (mooses, mise, meese? ) obviously.

In a low wage area how much can the punter afford to pay ?
Contract talks on 09:55 - Sep 20 with 5863 viewshype313

Contract talks on 09:48 - Sep 20 by No9

It is a commercial organisation (business). Any business has to improve income to increase profitability to contine to trade or have cash injected from the owners / shareholders.

If the lack of entertainment (as per the Bolton game) continues, the the owners will wonder if the investment at present levels is worthwhile.

All football clubs have a fair-weather base of support, not just ITFC which is why many owners see changing team management as being encessary to increase receipts either from the gate or sponsorship.

Getting into the PL will not happen without new investment = full circle

It is a business, but it's not Like Utd or Arsenal who have huge corporate sponsors ploughing in hundreds of millions each season, and get jittery if attendances are low or CL isn't in the budget. We have one guy who sponsors us and coincidentally owns us too, so if we were to lose commercial value then our main sponsor is hardly going to walk away if attendances are low is he?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Contract talks on 09:57 - Sep 20 with 5855 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Contract talks on 09:49 - Sep 20 by No9

In a low wage area how much can the punter afford to pay ?

With a little help from cash converters £10-£15 maybe (maybe 5000 tickets if showing proof of low income........working tax credits, unemployment)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Contract talks on 10:03 - Sep 20 with 5831 viewsNo9

Contract talks on 09:55 - Sep 20 by hype313

It is a business, but it's not Like Utd or Arsenal who have huge corporate sponsors ploughing in hundreds of millions each season, and get jittery if attendances are low or CL isn't in the budget. We have one guy who sponsors us and coincidentally owns us too, so if we were to lose commercial value then our main sponsor is hardly going to walk away if attendances are low is he?

But Untd & the gooners don't get large crowds, corporate sponsorship or box sales because they are playing a total defensive game home hoping for a break away win ?

Although the gooners crowd moan about AW they are still attractive to watch & like Unt have a system set up where many seats are sold via airlines / travel agents as week-end breaks.

To get to that stage ITFC & the onwers are going to have to change their paradigms or, we the supported are going to have to get used to lower league football.
Contract talks on 10:20 - Sep 20 with 5807 viewsPhilTWTD

Contract talks on 08:52 - Sep 20 by No9

If Town remain in the top six attendances are likely to grow, so ultimately all related to success on the pitch. If the season on the field is viewed as a disappointment, which is likely to mean attendances remain low, then I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a change of manager. I think it would suit all parties to make the break.

The first game of the 1991/92 promotion season - which was similarly one with little pre-season expectation - was watched by 8,937 and crowds gradually grew as the season progressed and were above 20,000 towards the end. Only 9,692 watched the Bristol City match at this point in that season.

Contract talks on 10:28 - Sep 20 with 5776 viewsTJS

Anything less than a top six finish and it’s time for a change.
I don’t care how harsh that sounds - he can’t just be given this job for life.
If we finish mid-table and he is still here next season I think that could be the end of the road for me.
Contract talks on 10:46 - Sep 20 with 5730 viewsJ2BLUE

Contract talks on 20:40 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Oh I see. Well, just remember, an unhappy Moose won't be good for squad morale.

Sorry mate, there's not much cash left in the pot after my mega deal making me the highest paid poster in TWTD history. Perhaps I could hire you to work at the J2 Betting Consultancy. We need someone to make the tea and put the bins out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Contract talks on 11:03 - Sep 20 with 5693 viewsKBsSocks

Contract talks on 10:46 - Sep 20 by J2BLUE

Sorry mate, there's not much cash left in the pot after my mega deal making me the highest paid poster in TWTD history. Perhaps I could hire you to work at the J2 Betting Consultancy. We need someone to make the tea and put the bins out.

Oh, no. Guess I'd better pull my proverbials up, else that promising youngster KBsJockstrap'll be getting my place as a bit-part poster ... :-S

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

Contract talks on 11:06 - Sep 20 with 5682 viewsNo9

Contract talks on 10:28 - Sep 20 by TJS

Anything less than a top six finish and it’s time for a change.
I don’t care how harsh that sounds - he can’t just be given this job for life.
If we finish mid-table and he is still here next season I think that could be the end of the road for me.

But, it comes back to the owner doesn't it?
If a mid table position is something he can afford that is what he's likely to settel for unless attendances drop as Phil explained for earleir seasons.

The current situation is simple either they use academy players etc. and hope there is progress or losses are cut & lower league football beckons.
Contract talks on 13:07 - Sep 20 with 5565 viewsSpruceMoose

Contract talks on 10:46 - Sep 20 by J2BLUE

You and I are going to have a Twitter/Instagram war at this rate.

Contract talks on 13:11 - Sep 20 with 5552 viewsJ2BLUE

Contract talks on 13:07 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

You and I are going to have a Twitter/Instagram war at this rate.

Nah, i'm the US, you're North Korea. Deep down you know you'd be destroyed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024