Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Samson sacking 22:14 - Sep 20 with 16444 views3_5_2

yet again, the FA appear to be so out of touch

Been suggested that they used the 2014 "issue" to get rid of him after the latest inquest. Even though they have had two now and cleared him.

Suspect there is more to this to come out still

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Mark Samson sacking on 12:10 - Sep 21 with 5439 viewsElderGrizzly

on 12:05 - Sep 21 by _

16 and above, so no laws broken but there are issues of ‘trust’ and lines that can’t be crossed between player and coach. Same as a 16 year old student and teacher in the eyes of the law i believe.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/20/mark-sampson-fa-england-buck-pa
on 12:12 - Sep 21 with 5432 views_

Mark Samson sacking on 12:10 - Sep 21 by ElderGrizzly

16 and above, so no laws broken but there are issues of ‘trust’ and lines that can’t be crossed between player and coach. Same as a 16 year old student and teacher in the eyes of the law i believe.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/20/mark-sampson-fa-england-buck-pa

Mark Samson sacking on 12:22 - Sep 21 with 5409 viewsclogger

Mark Samson sacking on 22:40 - Sep 20 by Vaughan8

Maybe I am being thick but if he has been cleared twice, why is there another inquiry?

I just can't believe this player would make stuff up? What would she have to gain? Maybe these comments were a "joke" off the record and now can never be proven?

Who knows but some people are going to look very silly at the end of this whatever way it goes.

EDIT isn't it odd how he dropped her even though she was the top scorer in the women's league? It's just an odd situation and haven't some other players accused him of some sort of racist remarks.
I know this Bristol thing is something different about him having some sort of unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour.

1 thing ok, but there have been numerous things against this guy. Are they all making it up and he is just unlucky?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 22:52]

I'm sure the £80,0000 tax free pay off might have eased the blow
Mark Samson sacking on 12:50 - Sep 21 with 5380 viewsRadlett_blue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-41337127

This sounds like it's April 1st.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Mark Samson sacking on 12:53 - Sep 21 with 5367 viewsAlabaster_Codify

I heard he got his knob out in the dressing room?

No thanks...I don't do the horse

Mark Samson sacking on 13:18 - Sep 21 with 5337 viewsBasuco

There was a huge show of support for Samson by the players when they all went over to him to celebrate the first goal against Russia.
Mark Samson sacking on 13:31 - Sep 21 with 5319 viewsElderGrizzly

Mark Samson sacking on 13:18 - Sep 21 by Basuco

There was a huge show of support for Samson by the players when they all went over to him to celebrate the first goal against Russia.

Maybe they weren't aware of his inappropriate relationships while at Bristol Academy?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/21/fa-mark-sampson-2013-women-in-f

The FA have clearly botched up not one, but two investigations and it also makes you wonder how many other cases like this they have tried to suppress?
Mark Samson sacking on 13:36 - Sep 21 with 5313 viewsfooters

Mark Samson sacking on 13:31 - Sep 21 by ElderGrizzly

Maybe they weren't aware of his inappropriate relationships while at Bristol Academy?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/21/fa-mark-sampson-2013-women-in-f

The FA have clearly botched up not one, but two investigations and it also makes you wonder how many other cases like this they have tried to suppress?

Hodgson next for putting Kane on corners.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Samson sacking on 14:08 - Sep 21 with 5262 viewsvapour_trail

Mark Samson sacking on 12:10 - Sep 21 by ElderGrizzly

Not the same. It's illegal for a teacher to have a sexual relationship with a 16 or 17 year old pupil. This does not apply in sporting organisations.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mark Samson sacking on 14:10 - Sep 21 with 5257 viewsElderGrizzly

Mark Samson sacking on 14:08 - Sep 21 by vapour_trail

Not the same. It's illegal for a teacher to have a sexual relationship with a 16 or 17 year old pupil. This does not apply in sporting organisations.

Sorry, didn't mean it is illegal in sporting organisations, but it clearly crosses a line at such a young age.

I'd not want him in charge of a team if he had a history of that.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 14:11]
Mark Samson sacking on 14:22 - Sep 21 with 5241 viewsitfcjoe

Mark Samson sacking on 13:31 - Sep 21 by ElderGrizzly

It's difficult to know how much of what is said there is true with as speaks around the point at times - but ultimately they should have probably fully and properly investigated Aluko's allegations and given him a slap on the wrist and moved on.

He's made comments that were inappropriate, but not really racist and just needed reminding of his responsiblities - instead the FA tried to brush it under the carpet and doubled down a couple of times until the pressure got too much from journalists like Daniel Taylor and now have made them look even more inept as an organisation

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mark Samson sacking on 14:25 - Sep 21 with 5231 viewsitfcjoe

Mark Samson sacking on 14:10 - Sep 21 by ElderGrizzly

Sorry, didn't mean it is illegal in sporting organisations, but it clearly crosses a line at such a young age.

I'd not want him in charge of a team if he had a history of that.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 14:11]

Also, I think the fact that Bristol's womens team was called Bristol Academy rather than Bristol City Ladies whilst he was the manager is deeply unhelpful - they weren't an underage team that he was in charge of (although may have had some younger players)

Mark Samson sacking on 14:25 - Sep 21 with 5230 viewsClapham_Junction

on 12:05 - Sep 21 by _

He was manager of Bristol Academy, who despite their name, were a senior team in the top division of women's football.

There was an interview with a former England player on the radio last night and a Guardian report that mentioned the club's away matches were like a mixture of a stag and hen do was brought up, a key quote being "No law was broken but we felt that, during his time at Bristol, Mark had overstepped the professional boundaries between player and coach.”
Mark Samson sacking on 14:30 - Sep 21 with 5220 viewsElderGrizzly

Mark Samson sacking on 14:25 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

Also, I think the fact that Bristol's womens team was called Bristol Academy rather than Bristol City Ladies whilst he was the manager is deeply unhelpful - they weren't an underage team that he was in charge of (although may have had some younger players)

The allegations are apparently around 16 year old players
Mark Samson sacking on 14:34 - Sep 21 with 5210 viewsitfcjoe

Mark Samson sacking on 14:30 - Sep 21 by ElderGrizzly

The allegations are apparently around 16 year old players

I haven't seen that anywhere?

Mark Samson sacking on 15:01 - Sep 21 with 5188 viewsHerbivore

Mark Samson sacking on 14:22 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

It's difficult to know how much of what is said there is true with as speaks around the point at times - but ultimately they should have probably fully and properly investigated Aluko's allegations and given him a slap on the wrist and moved on.

He's made comments that were inappropriate, but not really racist and just needed reminding of his responsiblities - instead the FA tried to brush it under the carpet and doubled down a couple of times until the pressure got too much from journalists like Daniel Taylor and now have made them look even more inept as an organisation

I'm not sure they could have just moved on from the comments. Two separate incidents of derogatory comments made to players because of their race is wholly unacceptable. You can't have the national team manager being a casual racist.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mark Samson sacking on 15:15 - Sep 21 with 5164 views26_Paz

Blatantly been selecting certain players in exchange for, ahem, favours ...

The Paz Man

Mark Samson sacking on 16:16 - Sep 21 with 5126 viewsitfcjoe

Mark Samson sacking on 15:01 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

I'm not sure they could have just moved on from the comments. Two separate incidents of derogatory comments made to players because of their race is wholly unacceptable. You can't have the national team manager being a casual racist.

Whether they could or couldn't, a total sham of an investigation meant they had no choice either way

Mark Samson sacking on 16:43 - Sep 21 with 5093 viewsHerbivore

Mark Samson sacking on 16:16 - Sep 21 by itfcjoe

Whether they could or couldn't, a total sham of an investigation meant they had no choice either way

Very true, the investigation was a total joke.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024