Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... 21:55 - Sep 24 with 4743 viewsWarkystache

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/259772-jordan-rhodes/

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

on 21:58 - Sep 24 with 4715 views_

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:07 - Sep 24 with 4684 viewsHarryfromBath

"He's no Leon Clarke that's for sure." I like the Owlstalk forum, very humorous and tongue-in-cheek and they generally know their stuff.

I also remember an Owl popping up over here to defend Carvalhal after my pre-season report on them - some of them had been saying that the manager could take them so far but no further, and I just reported this back. I wonder if this is coming true - this league isn't just dangerous for the small spenders this season.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:16 - Sep 24 with 4642 viewsWarkystache

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:07 - Sep 24 by HarryfromBath

"He's no Leon Clarke that's for sure." I like the Owlstalk forum, very humorous and tongue-in-cheek and they generally know their stuff.

I also remember an Owl popping up over here to defend Carvalhal after my pre-season report on them - some of them had been saying that the manager could take them so far but no further, and I just reported this back. I wonder if this is coming true - this league isn't just dangerous for the small spenders this season.

Harry - I sometimes pop on Owlstalk because they're often brutally honest about their own team and Carvalho.

They think they've bought a massive pup in JR. He's like Sears with us, only without the ten million quid spent. Tbh, I think they're right and Rhodes' best years are now far behind him.

Still, £10 million. Imagine what MM'd do with that?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:20 - Sep 24 with 4628 viewspatrickswell

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:16 - Sep 24 by Warkystache

Harry - I sometimes pop on Owlstalk because they're often brutally honest about their own team and Carvalho.

They think they've bought a massive pup in JR. He's like Sears with us, only without the ten million quid spent. Tbh, I think they're right and Rhodes' best years are now far behind him.

2 certainties in that eventuality:

1) Mick would spend it well.
2) It would all be for nowt as they'd get injured shortly after arriving.
Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:22 - Sep 24 with 4629 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a decent finisher if given loads of service and high on confidence but if not... he's sh1te.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:32 - Sep 24 with 4584 viewspatrickswell

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:22 - Sep 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a decent finisher if given loads of service and high on confidence but if not... he's sh1te.

I see you. I hear you. I get where you're coming from.

But regardless...

...his sale remains our biggest transfer blunder of the post Premier League years.
Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 23:42 - Sep 24 with 4446 viewsHarryfromBath

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:16 - Sep 24 by Warkystache

I wonder if we are back to the 'He scores goals but what else does he do' argument, only this time without the goals. You may be right about his best years being behind him. He also may not be suited to their style of play or it could be that he needs to have the team built around him, pretty much as as it was for him and Gestede at Blackburn.

On your £10m comment, it made me think 'why oh why did Evans back Keane' (but let's not go there - it has been done to death).

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 23:57 - Sep 24 with 4414 viewsStNeotsBlue

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 23:42 - Sep 24 by HarryfromBath

I wonder if we are back to the 'He scores goals but what else does he do' argument, only this time without the goals. You may be right about his best years being behind him. He also may not be suited to their style of play or it could be that he needs to have the team built around him, pretty much as as it was for him and Gestede at Blackburn.

On your £10m comment, it made me think 'why oh why did Evans back Keane' (but let's not go there - it has been done to death).

The sale of Rhodes still makes my head hurt. Totally unnecessary and counter productive.
Login to get fewer ads

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 02:33 - Sep 25 with 4301 viewsWednesdayJon

SOME Wednesday fans don't 'rate' Jordan Rhodes, but many do.
We are not creating many chances at the moment, and Rhodes has been really unlucky with the way that Hooper & Fletcher's partnership has flourished since Hooper's return from injury late last season. Their partnership stats are VERY i mpressive in the games they have played together. As a consequence, Rhodes hasn't really had a run of games at all, and yes, his confidence is probably low at the moment. Some fans just look at the 'smaller picture' of his price tag (not quite 10m by the way) and wage, and suggest, reasonably, that if he can't get in the side, then it is money wasted. I don't see it that way at all. Both Hooper & Fletcher are never far from their next long injury lay-off, and also, who's to say that both H&F haven't been 'spurred on' knowing that Rhodes is there just waiting to grab a shirt? It may of course be entirely coincidental, but they are both playing out of their skins since JR's arrival.

JR is far from a has been. His goalscoring record speaks for itself. And, with regular games and service, with Wednesday or maybe some other Championship outfit, I'm convinced he will be prolific again.
Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 06:03 - Sep 25 with 4228 viewsbrogansnose

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 02:33 - Sep 25 by WednesdayJon

SOME Wednesday fans don't 'rate' Jordan Rhodes, but many do.
We are not creating many chances at the moment, and Rhodes has been really unlucky with the way that Hooper & Fletcher's partnership has flourished since Hooper's return from injury late last season. Their partnership stats are VERY i mpressive in the games they have played together. As a consequence, Rhodes hasn't really had a run of games at all, and yes, his confidence is probably low at the moment. Some fans just look at the 'smaller picture' of his price tag (not quite 10m by the way) and wage, and suggest, reasonably, that if he can't get in the side, then it is money wasted. I don't see it that way at all. Both Hooper & Fletcher are never far from their next long injury lay-off, and also, who's to say that both H&F haven't been 'spurred on' knowing that Rhodes is there just waiting to grab a shirt? It may of course be entirely coincidental, but they are both playing out of their skins since JR's arrival.

JR is far from a has been. His goalscoring record speaks for itself. And, with regular games and service, with Wednesday or maybe some other Championship outfit, I'm convinced he will be prolific again.

Doesn't matter what his form is like Jon, he always scores against us.
Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 06:17 - Sep 25 with 4206 viewsBenters

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 06:03 - Sep 25 by brogansnose

Doesn't matter what his form is like Jon, he always scores against us.

Thats true !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 08:26 - Sep 25 with 4047 viewsBlueBadger

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 23:57 - Sep 24 by StNeotsBlue

The sale of Rhodes still makes my head hurt. Totally unnecessary and counter productive.

But the press conferences WERE smashing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 08:36 - Sep 25 with 4026 viewsBluebell

I think the OP is infair as it is only the first couple of posts saying he is crap. The others seem to blame all the players.

Having watched the game yesterday you can hardly blame Rhodes for the poor performance. Wednesday seem half the team they were last season.

On saying that I do think Jordan has lost a lot of confidence. Remember the play off game (I think it was) where he refused to take a penalty? I think the fans were on his back after that too.
Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 08:43 - Sep 25 with 4012 viewsPJH

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 08:36 - Sep 25 by Bluebell

I think the OP is infair as it is only the first couple of posts saying he is crap. The others seem to blame all the players.

Having watched the game yesterday you can hardly blame Rhodes for the poor performance. Wednesday seem half the team they were last season.

On saying that I do think Jordan has lost a lot of confidence. Remember the play off game (I think it was) where he refused to take a penalty? I think the fans were on his back after that too.

Refusing to take a very important penalty, for whatever reason, was never going to endear him to the fans of a club that was already committed to paying £12m or whatever for him.
His confidence does seem to be shot though.
Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 08:44 - Sep 25 with 4012 viewsArnieM

Rhodes has always been a one trick pony. Any team that has go the best out of him have moulded their whole team around his strength, which is hanging around the box. He has no other aspect to his game that is useful to the team. He has no pace. He's just a big lump thats hard to push off the ball and is very strong in the box. But nowt else. This is why no PL team of note have ever come in for him.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 08:54 - Sep 25 with 3983 viewssundaze

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 08:44 - Sep 25 by ArnieM

Rhodes has always been a one trick pony. Any team that has go the best out of him have moulded their whole team around his strength, which is hanging around the box. He has no other aspect to his game that is useful to the team. He has no pace. He's just a big lump thats hard to push off the ball and is very strong in the box. But nowt else. This is why no PL team of note have ever come in for him.

Very true, even if he was still here when MM came in, he would never have been a MM type of player and would have still been sold, albeit for a lot more money.
Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 12:31 - Sep 25 with 3794 viewsmilliem

Wednesday don't seem to think much of Rhodes then.... on 22:07 - Sep 24 by HarryfromBath

That was me posting on your pre-season report. I'm a Town supporter and have been since 1962.

I have no particular interest in Wednesday. The point is that you chose to highlight a comment from an obvious troll who almost certainly doesn't support them, rather like the Budgies who infect/infest the comments on Ham's news reports with their drivel whilst pretending to be staunch Town fans.

It's a bit like a supporter of another team doing a series of reports, like yourself, on opposition teams' fans, doing one on Ipswich then prominently quoting the thoughts of Benters as if he represents the general feeling amongst the Town followers instead of being a perpetual whinger who's only happy when he's moaning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024