Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Impressed with Bristol City 15:55 - Sep 30 with 4439 viewsBluesquid

That squad must of cost a fortune to be playing football like that!
Impressed with Bristol City on 18:17 - Sep 30 with 3957 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

SSssshhhhhh
Impressed with Bristol City on 18:21 - Sep 30 with 3900 viewsWD19

Depends whether you think net outlay of £10m+ is a lot or not.
Impressed with Bristol City on 21:18 - Sep 30 with 3449 viewsFaroutWest

Impressed with Bristol City on 18:21 - Sep 30 by WD19

Depends whether you think net outlay of £10m+ is a lot or not.

Not actually correct as we received £15M for Kodjia from Villa. We also got £6M when Bolasie went to Everton. I think we're actually in profit for transfers.

We're looking good at the mo but expecting realisation to kick in any time soon.
Impressed with Bristol City on 21:23 - Sep 30 with 3424 viewspointofblue

Impressed with Bristol City on 21:18 - Sep 30 by FaroutWest

Not actually correct as we received £15M for Kodjia from Villa. We also got £6M when Bolasie went to Everton. I think we're actually in profit for transfers.

We're looking good at the mo but expecting realisation to kick in any time soon.

I think the OP was more of a dig at Town rather than City because Mick has more often than not wheeled out "they've spent a bit of money" either when we're about to play someone or just after we've played someone.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 21:46]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Impressed with Bristol City on 21:32 - Sep 30 with 3396 viewsElderGrizzly

Impressed with Bristol City on 21:18 - Sep 30 by FaroutWest

Agree, net spend is in profit, but you did have about £10m worth of signings from the summer on the pitch today.

Didn’t your No.9 cost £5.6m? All our signings cost less than £1m.

Anyway, you look a solid team and should trouble the playoffs. You were good, we were below average today. Too many 5/10 performances and you nullified Celina and Garner very well
Impressed with Bristol City on 21:43 - Sep 30 with 3349 viewsFaroutWest

Impressed with Bristol City on 21:32 - Sep 30 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, net spend is in profit, but you did have about £10m worth of signings from the summer on the pitch today.

Anyway, you look a solid team and should trouble the playoffs. You were good, we were below average today. Too many 5/10 performances and you nullified Celina and Garner very well

Famara did cost £5.3M and Nathan Baker over £2M but the rest were relatively cheap TBH.
Elliason who was going to come on when Matty Taylor did come on, cost around £2M but he's hardly played.
Wright was £1/2M, Patterson was £1/2M, Brownhill was £300K as was Taylor, O'Dowda was around £1.5M.
Your £10M isn't far out to be fair but it's all covered by sales / clauses.
We invested in youth and, at the moment, it seems to be working but we, better than anyone, know it's just a good start, that's all.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 21:47]
Impressed with Bristol City on 22:04 - Sep 30 with 3290 viewsArnieM

Take a step their two huge deflected goals , one of them was offside, and there's nowt between the two teams. Except ours wasn't full strength !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Impressed with Bristol City on 22:13 - Sep 30 with 3259 viewsBent_double

Impressed with Bristol City on 22:04 - Sep 30 by ArnieM

Take a step their two huge deflected goals , one of them was offside, and there's nowt between the two teams. Except ours wasn't full strength !

The second wasn't offside, it clearly came off Knudsen - just seen the 'highlights' on CH5

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

Impressed with Bristol City on 23:27 - Sep 30 with 3106 viewsBluesquid

Impressed with Bristol City on 21:23 - Sep 30 by pointofblue

I think the OP was more of a dig at Town rather than City because Mick has more often than not wheeled out "they've spent a bit of money" either when we're about to play someone or just after we've played someone.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 21:46]

Not a dig at City, i thought they were very good first half.

Total market value 25 mil according to Transfermarket.

We are just below at 21.

They outplayed us, just trying to point out that to do that you don't need to be one of the big spenders.
Impressed with Bristol City on 02:31 - Oct 1 with 2923 viewspointofblue

Impressed with Bristol City on 23:27 - Sep 30 by Bluesquid

Not a dig at City, i thought they were very good first half.

Total market value 25 mil according to Transfermarket.

We are just below at 21.

They outplayed us, just trying to point out that to do that you don't need to be one of the big spenders.

I thought so, hence I said I thought it was more of a dig at us than City. And you're right - it's not as though Huddersfield broke the bank to go up last year either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Impressed with Bristol City on 07:48 - Oct 1 with 2796 viewstextbackup

Impressed with Bristol City on 21:32 - Sep 30 by ElderGrizzly

We nullified Garner by ourselves today, he loves a battle but resorting to lumping up to a bloke who's under 6foot while he's being marked by two bloke at 7foot!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024