Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road 13:49 - Oct 15 with 27956 viewsSwailsey

I am.

*runs*

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:08 - Oct 15 with 4351 viewsWarkystache

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 16:40 - Oct 15 by J2BLUE

Really doesn't seem like it. Apologies if it was.

I saw on Twitter you've perfected vegan bacon. Is it soy based or something else?

You'd still cook it to death whatever it was made from.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:10 - Oct 15 with 4340 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:05 - Oct 15 by gordon

Presumably the meat-eaters option would be to not go to a vegetarian restaurant if they felt irritated/upset/threatened/insulted by vegetarian food.

And yet 'ordinary' restaurants seem to have been bullied into providing a vegetarian option.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 20:10]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:18 - Oct 15 with 4322 viewsgordon

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:10 - Oct 15 by factual_blue

And yet 'ordinary' restaurants seem to have been bullied into providing a vegetarian option.

By the way, if as a meat-eater you're feeling marginalised and victimised by society now, you'll not be much keen on the next 50 years.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 20:20]
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:26 - Oct 15 with 4300 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:18 - Oct 15 by gordon

By the way, if as a meat-eater you're feeling marginalised and victimised by society now, you'll not be much keen on the next 50 years.

There are only twenty years left to worry about.

For all of us.

Well, most of us.

A few will survive, and be scrabbling around in the irradiated ruins of our towns and cities, living on dead cockroaches and the occasional rat.

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:30 - Oct 15 with 4279 viewseireblue

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:10 - Oct 15 by factual_blue

Personally, I associate the sort of person that thinks vegetarian restaurants should serve meat, with people that like to go to Spain and enjoy a full english.
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:51 - Oct 15 with 4273 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:30 - Oct 15 by eireblue

Personally, I associate the sort of person that thinks vegetarian restaurants should serve meat, with people that like to go to Spain and enjoy a full english.

Or the sort of people who see black communities protesting the death of an innocent black person at the hands of the law and say "But All Lives Matter".

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:54 - Oct 15 with 4265 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 18:40 - Oct 15 by Swailsey

Was really good but the venue was an odd choice..because it was a long hall, everything was basically a one long queue.

I had an amazing veggie corndog thing, cooked in garlic and tomato sauce.

Some good stalls too. Huge turnout - people had to queue outside and down the stairs.

Really good of the club to do it as well.

Was it almost like a soggy pizza base but amazing tasting? If so I had one from likely the same stall at a Portsmouth vegan fair earlier this year. I was hungover and it blew my mind.

TWTD never forgets…

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:59 - Oct 15 with 4255 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:18 - Oct 15 by gordon

Why is that?

Unsustainability or just shouting at people until they convert?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:15 - Oct 15 with 4236 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:59 - Oct 15 by StokieBlue

Why is that?

SB

The fact that it's very possible in my lifetime, if not my children's lives that measures will be put in place to reduce meat consuption for enviromental reasons.

TWTD never forgets…

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:18 - Oct 15 with 4236 viewstextbackup

Think my freak sister in law (vegan) sang on the stage. To be fair she's a decent singer, and writer, but the songs are about mother cows feelings etc... hence the freak comment

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:19 - Oct 15 with 4230 viewsSwailsey

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:54 - Oct 15 by monytowbray

Was it almost like a soggy pizza base but amazing tasting? If so I had one from likely the same stall at a Portsmouth vegan fair earlier this year. I was hungover and it blew my mind.

Yes! No other way to describe it

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:20 - Oct 15 with 4228 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:18 - Oct 15 by textbackup

Think my freak sister in law (vegan) sang on the stage. To be fair she's a decent singer, and writer, but the songs are about mother cows feelings etc... hence the freak comment

Why would someone be considered a freak for considering the fact animals feel pain and fear the same as most living creatures?

TWTD never forgets…

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:21 - Oct 15 with 4221 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:19 - Oct 15 by Swailsey

Yes! No other way to describe it

Doesn't do it justice really!

TWTD never forgets…

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:21 - Oct 15 with 4221 viewstextbackup

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:20 - Oct 15 by monytowbray

Why would someone be considered a freak for considering the fact animals feel pain and fear the same as most living creatures?

Because I'm a horrible arsehole and I don't see it like that, well I do a bit, but not enough to care

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:23 - Oct 15 with 4213 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:21 - Oct 15 by textbackup

Because I'm a horrible arsehole and I don't see it like that, well I do a bit, but not enough to care

Fair enough. As I've said before I'd rather deal with someone who says they don't care as it saves everyone's time arguing about the pros of meat/dairy free diets and/or meat eaters getting defensive over and trying to justify their choices.

TWTD never forgets…

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:27 - Oct 15 with 4197 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:30 - Oct 15 by eireblue

balls

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:30 - Oct 15 with 4194 viewstextbackup

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:23 - Oct 15 by monytowbray

Fair enough. As I've said before I'd rather deal with someone who says they don't care as it saves everyone's time arguing about the pros of meat/dairy free diets and/or meat eaters getting defensive over and trying to justify their choices.

I do feel for the animals, I really do, but I just couldn't not eat meat, I've not even considered trying to stop because I know I wouldn't last two days.
Hate seeing any animal treated poorly, so in that respect I see where you guys come from, just hope the people treating them poorly get deLt with by the law

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:31 - Oct 15 with 4194 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:23 - Oct 15 by monytowbray

I don't think there's anything to justify for a lot of people. Most humans throughout history have eaten meat. Is it necessary? No. Can you be healthy on a vegan diet? Of course. I think a far better conversation would be about where meat and animal products come from rather than whether it's necessary to include them in the diet.

I know you think it's morally wrong. I have no issue with that and even admire it but I think most vegans would be far better to encourage people to buy humanely produced meat and cut down their consumption rather than go full vegan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:36 - Oct 15 with 4181 viewsRyorry

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 18:57 - Oct 15 by gordon

For the thriftier vegetarian / vegan, FarmFoods have a new range imaginatively called 'Veggie Kitchen'. The sausages don't contain palm oil (unlike Linda McCartney's) and are the tastiest veggie sausages I've had, and probably just about the cheapest (was £1.50 for pack of 8 I think). Haven't tried the rest of the range.

What oil do they use then? I have a problem with rapeseed oil.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:37 - Oct 15 with 4174 viewsgordon

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:59 - Oct 15 by StokieBlue

Why is that?

SB

I imagine it's inevitable that the public discourse on meat consumption is going to get pretty rancorous, yes, unfortunately, particularly once meat eaters are a minority.
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:41 - Oct 15 with 4157 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:37 - Oct 15 by gordon

I imagine it's inevitable that the public discourse on meat consumption is going to get pretty rancorous, yes, unfortunately, particularly once meat eaters are a minority.

When do you think that's going to happen?

I don't think China is going to go meat free, neither is India, most of Africa or south America - that's well over half the world population just there.

I guess you are just talking about the UK and European countries?

What is your specific issue? Moral or environmental?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:41 - Oct 15 with 4147 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:31 - Oct 15 by J2BLUE

I don't think there's anything to justify for a lot of people. Most humans throughout history have eaten meat. Is it necessary? No. Can you be healthy on a vegan diet? Of course. I think a far better conversation would be about where meat and animal products come from rather than whether it's necessary to include them in the diet.

I know you think it's morally wrong. I have no issue with that and even admire it but I think most vegans would be far better to encourage people to buy humanely produced meat and cut down their consumption rather than go full vegan.

Not getting into it again, and as I said before I respect the "organic" approach somewhat if someone does it, but killing animals and the meat/dairy industry is wrong full stop and to ask/promote anything less would be a disservice to myself and animals.

I think people are either open to the idea and facts and willing to adjust their diet to whatever extent, or they are not. I've never come across someone who is bothered/offended by veganism who was willing to make those changes.

TWTD never forgets…

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:43 - Oct 15 with 4139 viewsRyorry

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 20:05 - Oct 15 by gordon

Presumably the meat-eaters option would be to not go to a vegetarian restaurant if they felt irritated/upset/threatened/insulted by vegetarian food.

In other words you'd be happy with them being discriminated against, if as a minority in the group, they wanted to eat out with their vegan/vegetarian friend - whereas if the veggie/vegan friends were in the minority in the party and wanted to eat out with their meat-eating friends, they wouldn't be discriminated against?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:44 - Oct 15 with 4133 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:43 - Oct 15 by Ryorry

In other words you'd be happy with them being discriminated against, if as a minority in the group, they wanted to eat out with their vegan/vegetarian friend - whereas if the veggie/vegan friends were in the minority in the party and wanted to eat out with their meat-eating friends, they wouldn't be discriminated against?

Meat eaters are not victims. They never have been and they never will be.

TWTD never forgets…

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:46 - Oct 15 with 4128 viewsSwailsey

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 22:43 - Oct 15 by Ryorry

Bit different though isn’t it, as it’s a speciality restaurant. It would be like going to KFC, a place that markets itself as chicken only, and being annoyed you can’t have a hotdog.

If a place is labelled as ‘Meat Only’, like Rio’s in town or even KFC actually, I wouldn’t feel discriminated against by going there to find there’s no veggie option.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024