Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12:29 - Oct 23 with 30770 views_

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:52 - Nov 3 with 3590 viewssoupytwist

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:48 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

Interesting given I know for a fact he has applied for the job since Evans has owned the club.

That certainly contradicts what several reasonably trusted posters have said on here before. He's largely dismissed the notion of returning to management hasn't he?
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:53 - Nov 3 with 3583 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

on 10:50 - Nov 3 by _

I think a large majority would love it to be fair - and even those who think it is a bad or backwards move would love it to work out

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

on 10:53 - Nov 3 with 3581 views_

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:52 - Nov 3 by soupytwist

That certainly contradicts what several reasonably trusted posters have said on here before. He's largely dismissed the notion of returning to management hasn't he?

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:54 - Nov 3 with 3580 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:51 - Nov 3 by No9

Interesting so was he refused the job because there is an NDA in place?

Why would an NDA stop him becoming manager again?

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:05 - Nov 3 with 3564 viewsNo9

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:54 - Nov 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Why would an NDA stop him becoming manager again?

It would be an interesting scenario if GB had information that materially affected Mr Evans investment but when asked had to say he could not comment.
It would very much depend on his Contract of Employment but I would be surprised if Mr Evans lawyers would agree to an employee being to legally withold pertinent information about the investors investments.
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:12 - Nov 3 with 3549 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:05 - Nov 3 by No9

It would be an interesting scenario if GB had information that materially affected Mr Evans investment but when asked had to say he could not comment.
It would very much depend on his Contract of Employment but I would be surprised if Mr Evans lawyers would agree to an employee being to legally withold pertinent information about the investors investments.

So you’re suggesting an NDA that prevents George Burley divulging information about Ipswich Town Football Club, would stop him being able to discuss information with Ipswich Town Football Club?

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:14 - Nov 3 with 3544 viewsclive_baker

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:51 - Nov 3 by No9

Interesting so was he refused the job because there is an NDA in place?

I don't know the in's and out's, but I would imagine if Evans wanted Burley as the next manager and Burley wanted the job, it wouldn't be overly challenging from a legal perspective to make it happen.

As I said I know GB applied for the job previously, but for whatever reason wasn't successful, I believe it was PJ that got the job on that occasion.

One of the key things for me is from a footballing perspective we've been hindered for pretty much the whole of Mick's reign by our fullbacks. They're the single most important roles in a side with ambitions to play football and they've not been good enough. Whether it be playing centre halves there or signing substandard players like Knudsen and Spence. Given his playing career and appreciation for good, footballing full backs you know that's one thing GB would finally address. Elsewhere on the pitch we aren't too far short, especially when you consider the yoofs emerging, particularly in midfield in Nydam, Dozzell and Downes. I can't actually remember the last decent right back we had.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:17 - Nov 3 with 3537 viewsNo9

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:12 - Nov 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So you’re suggesting an NDA that prevents George Burley divulging information about Ipswich Town Football Club, would stop him being able to discuss information with Ipswich Town Football Club?

If you have ever been asked to sign an NDA you would of course read the contents before you signed it.
As I understand if=t from reading it at the time GB was required by DS to sign an NDA on leaving the club.
Some NDA's are time limited some are sine die.
Login to get fewer ads

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:20 - Nov 3 with 3523 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:17 - Nov 3 by No9

If you have ever been asked to sign an NDA you would of course read the contents before you signed it.
As I understand if=t from reading it at the time GB was required by DS to sign an NDA on leaving the club.
Some NDA's are time limited some are sine die.

I don’t think it’s me that needs an education on how NDA’s work, thanks

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:21 - Nov 3 with 3520 viewsclive_baker

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 10:53 - Nov 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think a large majority would love it to be fair - and even those who think it is a bad or backwards move would love it to work out

After the initial 'Burley??', I think sentiment would take over and people would firmly back him. I can imagine he would put some bums on seats too, which I'm sure is a key consideration for Evans. If Mick remains into next season off the back of a probably mid table finish this season I would imagine attendances will follow a similar trend as they have been in recent months.

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:22 - Nov 3 with 3513 viewsNo9

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:14 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

I don't know the in's and out's, but I would imagine if Evans wanted Burley as the next manager and Burley wanted the job, it wouldn't be overly challenging from a legal perspective to make it happen.

As I said I know GB applied for the job previously, but for whatever reason wasn't successful, I believe it was PJ that got the job on that occasion.

One of the key things for me is from a footballing perspective we've been hindered for pretty much the whole of Mick's reign by our fullbacks. They're the single most important roles in a side with ambitions to play football and they've not been good enough. Whether it be playing centre halves there or signing substandard players like Knudsen and Spence. Given his playing career and appreciation for good, footballing full backs you know that's one thing GB would finally address. Elsewhere on the pitch we aren't too far short, especially when you consider the yoofs emerging, particularly in midfield in Nydam, Dozzell and Downes. I can't actually remember the last decent right back we had.

I would have no objection to GB being the next manager quite the reverse although he has been out of football for some time and has - if we believe what the media says, been bit of a naughty boy ?
Unlike others I don't hold GB in any way responsble for the demise of ITFC but I am sure there are those who would come out and try to stop it one way or another.
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:26 - Nov 3 with 3506 viewsSomethingBlue

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:22 - Nov 3 by No9

I would have no objection to GB being the next manager quite the reverse although he has been out of football for some time and has - if we believe what the media says, been bit of a naughty boy ?
Unlike others I don't hold GB in any way responsble for the demise of ITFC but I am sure there are those who would come out and try to stop it one way or another.

The main reason not to appoint Burley is that he retired several years ago.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:28 - Nov 3 with 3505 viewsNo9

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:20 - Nov 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t think it’s me that needs an education on how NDA’s work, thanks

As I have a number of NDA's signed I have to disagree with your views
That's life
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:32 - Nov 3 with 3497 viewsNo9

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:26 - Nov 3 by SomethingBlue

The main reason not to appoint Burley is that he retired several years ago.

But if others are saying he has apled for jobs @ ITFC does that indicate he would be willing to come out of retirement if the right offer were made?
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:34 - Nov 3 with 3488 viewsclive_baker

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:22 - Nov 3 by No9

I've probably said too much already but I don't think GB would be adverse to the opportunity if it arose, put it that way.

You are right of course, he has been out of the game for a while, which is a consideration. I mean let's be honest, would he get any other Championship job on recent merit? The answer is no so there's an argument he shouldn't have this one on that basis. I do feel it's different though, given what he's achieved here previously as player and manager, and the style by which he's done it.

Crucially, and commercially, f we want to recapture the hearts of lapsed blues and get attendances up then he would be a good bet to do that (along with competitive pricing of course which we don't appear capable of getting right). I can't see many flocking to get a season ticket again to see 'Neil Lennon's Ipswich' personally, however much the PR machine goes into overdrive next summer.

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:39 - Nov 3 with 3472 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:21 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

After the initial 'Burley??', I think sentiment would take over and people would firmly back him. I can imagine he would put some bums on seats too, which I'm sure is a key consideration for Evans. If Mick remains into next season off the back of a probably mid table finish this season I would imagine attendances will follow a similar trend as they have been in recent months.

Yep, this

My rational side tells me this is a terrible idea - under no other circumstance would appointing a 5 years out of work manager be considered anything other than a joke

However, my sentimental side would be so keen to see it work out I’d end up focusing on the positives and persuading myself what a great appointment it is

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:43 - Nov 3 with 3464 viewsNo9

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:34 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

I've probably said too much already but I don't think GB would be adverse to the opportunity if it arose, put it that way.

You are right of course, he has been out of the game for a while, which is a consideration. I mean let's be honest, would he get any other Championship job on recent merit? The answer is no so there's an argument he shouldn't have this one on that basis. I do feel it's different though, given what he's achieved here previously as player and manager, and the style by which he's done it.

Crucially, and commercially, f we want to recapture the hearts of lapsed blues and get attendances up then he would be a good bet to do that (along with competitive pricing of course which we don't appear capable of getting right). I can't see many flocking to get a season ticket again to see 'Neil Lennon's Ipswich' personally, however much the PR machine goes into overdrive next summer.

I don't really think those who are maanging the club give a toss about what the punters coming through the gate think.
For this reason I believe MM will be at ITFC as long as Mr Evans & his advisors belive that is the best financial choice.
As long as losses can be contained to what the business plan can tolerate then I don't see any real change being made UNLESS we all stop buying tickets and the losses become unsustainable, then those paying at the gate will become a necessary evil and important to the functoining of the business unit.

A sad out look I know but I feel this is where things are realistically.

Like you I would like to see things in an upward trajectory but we are in the hands of the owner & his advisors
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 12:20 - Nov 3 with 3426 viewsitfcjoe

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:34 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

As per my username picture, I'd be happy with this.

I don't think it would be a good idea - and also I'm not sure Burley wants to manage any more. If he applied for the job when PJ got it that was 7 years ago, so his opinion may have changed since then and I always hear that he's not interested in a return.

I'm sure he could be tempted if we really wanted him - but I doubt ME would really want him, and I think it would probably end badly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 12:34 - Nov 3 with 3404 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 11:28 - Nov 3 by No9

As I have a number of NDA's signed I have to disagree with your views
That's life

Good grief

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 12:44 - Nov 3 with 3387 viewsNo9

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 12:34 - Nov 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Good grief

?
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 12:47 - Nov 3 with 3381 viewsbluebare

why not mogga
Libero's Manager shortlist... on 12:48 - Nov 3 with 3380 viewsSpruceMoose

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 12:47 - Nov 3 by bluebare

why not mogga

Because, God love him, he's crap?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 14:27 - Nov 3 with 3336 viewsKeaneish

Kevin Nolan would be interesting although i'd rather we went for a continental manager fro a change.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Libero's Manager shortlist... on 14:46 - Nov 3 with 3320 viewsrickw

Nathan Jones for me - he took a struggling Luton team to contenders in L2, but the biggest thing for me is the number of goals they score, and we all just want a little entertainment!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024