Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? 13:42 - Oct 23 with 10406 viewsTheBlueBarca

I can sense a change in the wind when it comes to the owner here and I think yesterday was the straw that may have broken the camels back in many respects.

Realistically he's not going to sell up is he? So the best any real protest can hope to achieve is force his hand to change the direction. He's easily the least successful Chairman this club as ever had, he's lost a ton of money and all he's doing here is loss management.

So how would we go about effecting real change?

People were conned in the summer with the ticket price decrease (although the way we treated Season Ticket holders was disgraceful) and the summer signings, which now appear to be signed for a lot less than the clubs PR implied at the time. It's clear that there was no genuine change this summer, especially when we didn't even bother t sign a replacement for Berra, or a genuine Championship quality fullback a decision that has cost us greatly.

Boycott a TV match? Show Evans what it's going to be like with a less than half empty stadium if he carries on the way he is there?

Thoughts?

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 20:35 - Oct 23 with 2973 viewsWonky

Not happening, would take relegation or close this team has mid table written all over it.
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 21:17 - Oct 23 with 2933 viewscarlisleaway

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 20:35 - Oct 23 by Wonky

Not happening, would take relegation or close this team has mid table written all over it.

At the moment I would take a drop in League if the club were to get a young manager and prove himself, but cannot see this happening. Any other club in our position and the manager would have been given the sack, but hey we are Ipswich Town and this does not happen here. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 18:49 - Oct 24 with 2860 viewsJ2BLUE

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 20:09 - Oct 23 by The_Romford_Blue

'He's backed the manager in the summer'

NO HE HASN'T!

He has. It may not be as much as we would have liked but it was a definite improvement on previous windows. How much does he need to put in to satisfy the fans? The game moves more beyond Evans' level of wealth every day.

I think we're fecked. I honestly think MM will get his contract extension, Evans will keep talking b0llocks about his 'strategy' and we'll continue to be Championship also rans.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 19:02 - Oct 24 with 2854 viewsLeoMuff

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 18:49 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

He has. It may not be as much as we would have liked but it was a definite improvement on previous windows. How much does he need to put in to satisfy the fans? The game moves more beyond Evans' level of wealth every day.

I think we're fecked. I honestly think MM will get his contract extension, Evans will keep talking b0llocks about his 'strategy' and we'll continue to be Championship also rans.

If people really think that backing the manager is getting 2 strikers in for 750k one who never scored more than 7 in the champ, and one who highest tally is 12 then 3, plus a freebie - then we truly are fcuked.

I can’t imagine who could succeed at these levels of investment.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 19:48 - Oct 24 with 2828 viewsJ2BLUE

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 19:02 - Oct 24 by LeoMuff

If people really think that backing the manager is getting 2 strikers in for 750k one who never scored more than 7 in the champ, and one who highest tally is 12 then 3, plus a freebie - then we truly are fcuked.

I can’t imagine who could succeed at these levels of investment.

Adeyemi, Huws, Iorfa, Celina

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 20:28 - Oct 24 with 2810 viewsLeoMuff

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 19:48 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

Freebie x 2 both discarded by other clubs in our league, x 2 loans.

Don’t get me wrong this is an improvement, but not even close to significant or competitive investment.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 20:32 - Oct 24 with 2803 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 19:48 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

Garner and Waggy equaled 700k apparently

Iorfa - Loan

Huws - Reportedly only 200k as Cardiff wanted rid of him

Adeyemi - Freebie

Celina - Loan

He absolutely has NOT backed Mick.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 20:51 - Oct 24 with 2788 viewschristiand

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 20:09 - Oct 23 by The_Romford_Blue

'He's backed the manager in the summer'

NO HE HASN'T!

So true. ME has given MM a little bit of money, not enough to make a significant difference. Can see us finishing around where we were last season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 2748 viewsswede

When the history of ITFC is updated in 20-30 years time, "the Evans years" will be looked back on as a time of stagnation, failure and misery for the long-suffering supporters.
He will forever be remembered as a self-interested, faceless owner who promised much but delivered nothing.
Enough is enough!
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 23:17 - Oct 24 with 2724 viewsCurrie10

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 14:08 - Oct 23 by Superfrans

The odd thing for me is that yesterday wasn't a drubbing or a terrible performance.

It was most disappointing, for me, because we lost a game which we were perfectly capable of winning. What WOULD be a massive deal was if we lost at Burton next Saturday. I would be much more concerned, objectively speaking, if that came to pass...

This is exactly where I'm at.

I'm not going to have different views simply because we lost 1-0 to Norwich than say another good side, Derby 1-0.

We NEED three points Saturday as the run after looks absolutely horrific.
Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 05:43 - Oct 25 with 2689 viewstextbackup

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 23:17 - Oct 24 by Currie10

This is exactly where I'm at.

I'm not going to have different views simply because we lost 1-0 to Norwich than say another good side, Derby 1-0.

We NEED three points Saturday as the run after looks absolutely horrific.

yeah but we are in a league where I'm told anyone can beat anyone..... except us of course. we manage to beat the teams in bottom 5 but struggle vs the rest. we did once beat Newcastle after they were all but promoted tho, so guess that's us proving the league is "bonkers"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 05:48 - Oct 25 with 2687 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 05:43 - Oct 25 by textbackup

yeah but we are in a league where I'm told anyone can beat anyone..... except us of course. we manage to beat the teams in bottom 5 but struggle vs the rest. we did once beat Newcastle after they were all but promoted tho, so guess that's us proving the league is "bonkers"

Technically we also won at Sheffield Wednesday who finished top 6, drew with Reading who finished top 6 and also drew twice with Brighton.

Blackburn got relegated and beat Newcastle twice.

I think it's hard to argue this isn't a crazy league results wise

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 05:52 - Oct 25 with 2686 viewstextbackup

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 05:48 - Oct 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Technically we also won at Sheffield Wednesday who finished top 6, drew with Reading who finished top 6 and also drew twice with Brighton.

Blackburn got relegated and beat Newcastle twice.

I think it's hard to argue this isn't a crazy league results wise

oh its crazy, for many others. we certainly don't chuck our names in that hat. (Sheffield Wednesday probably the only one)
we are just about as pointless of a football club as you can get

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 06:00 - Oct 25 with 2680 viewsBenters

Are the supporters finally turning on Evans? on 05:52 - Oct 25 by textbackup

oh its crazy, for many others. we certainly don't chuck our names in that hat. (Sheffield Wednesday probably the only one)
we are just about as pointless of a football club as you can get

Thats the thing isnt it the lack of ambition which has made so many walk away.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024