Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another press conference today then 10:47 - Oct 30 with 3718 viewsArcher4721

I wonder who will be the first poster to be offended today?

[Post edited 30 Oct 2017 10:51]
Another press conference today then on 10:52 - Oct 30 with 3704 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't necessarily think it offends people, just more a case of, why does he feel the need too?

Me personally, I couldn't care less how much he swears in an interview and neither would I care if he called me a c*nt to my face.

However, I can see why it is becoming quite tedious for people to see him doing it on a regular basis these days. I do have no sympathy for those however, that call him every name under the sun and then get offended when he gives it back a little.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Another press conference today then on 10:55 - Oct 30 with 3690 viewsArcher4721

Another press conference today then on 10:52 - Oct 30 by Kieran_Knows

I don't necessarily think it offends people, just more a case of, why does he feel the need too?

Me personally, I couldn't care less how much he swears in an interview and neither would I care if he called me a c*nt to my face.

However, I can see why it is becoming quite tedious for people to see him doing it on a regular basis these days. I do have no sympathy for those however, that call him every name under the sun and then get offended when he gives it back a little.

It's getting a bit like the situation we had with Keane now isn't it..... a complete farce.
Another press conference today then on 11:00 - Oct 30 with 3675 viewsKieran_Knows

Another press conference today then on 10:55 - Oct 30 by Archer4721

It's getting a bit like the situation we had with Keane now isn't it..... a complete farce.

It is. I'm neither Mick in or Mick out, I just find myself not caring anymore. In all honesty, it wasn't until 3.15pm on Saturday afternoon that I realised we was playing.

All a bit much about nothing these days for me.

Another press conference today then on 11:03 - Oct 30 with 3659 viewshoppy

You spelt 'a complete arse' wrongly, in relation to Keane.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Another press conference today then on 11:03 - Oct 30 with 3662 viewsSuperfrans

I personally don't care about his swearing, although it's not particularly charming and doesn't help calm things down, which it is in all of our interests for him to do.

Watson makes a good point in his EADT piece today that Sheepo might, in the past, have had a word - but there is no-one at the club in a position to do that. Evans isn't present enough to do it and Milne would be listened to, I imagine (being a bit of a clown). Who else would be in a position to have a gentle, informal chat? Nobody really...

He's generally a pretty reasonable bloke and I'm sure regrets it when he sees it in print. So, a few words to the wise from someone he respects would probably help matters...

It would certainly be in everyone's interests for Mick to think a bit before he speaks post-match.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Another press conference today then on 11:05 - Oct 30 with 3653 viewshoppy

Another press conference today then on 11:03 - Oct 30 by Superfrans

I personally don't care about his swearing, although it's not particularly charming and doesn't help calm things down, which it is in all of our interests for him to do.

Watson makes a good point in his EADT piece today that Sheepo might, in the past, have had a word - but there is no-one at the club in a position to do that. Evans isn't present enough to do it and Milne would be listened to, I imagine (being a bit of a clown). Who else would be in a position to have a gentle, informal chat? Nobody really...

He's generally a pretty reasonable bloke and I'm sure regrets it when he sees it in print. So, a few words to the wise from someone he respects would probably help matters...

It would certainly be in everyone's interests for Mick to think a bit before he speaks post-match.

So you think Phil should perhaps have a word with him about it today?

Another press conference today then on 11:08 - Oct 30 with 3638 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hope the journos are stocked up on pro+ and red bull!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Another press conference today then on 11:11 - Oct 30 with 3624 viewsSuperfrans

Another press conference today then on 11:05 - Oct 30 by hoppy

Phillip: "Mr McCarthy. I have been asked by the kind people of the Those Were The Days Forum to request that you please desist with your foul-mouthed utterances. It is unbecoming of you and our fine club...."

Michael: "*7#%$%£*~# OFF!!!!...."

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Another press conference today then on 11:21 - Oct 30 with 3602 viewsJohnny_Boy

Ah yes - the pre emptive BLUB about people blubbing.

A staple of the TWTD point-scoring brigade.

Another press conference today then on 11:27 - Oct 30 with 3579 viewsArcher4721

Another press conference today then on 11:21 - Oct 30 by Johnny_Boy

Ah yes - the pre emptive BLUB about people blubbing.

A staple of the TWTD point-scoring brigade.

You were up there as one of the favourites tbf.
Another press conference today then on 11:31 - Oct 30 with 3553 viewsSwn98

We are actualy a game in hand from the playoffs is that not different.
Another press conference today then on 11:31 - Oct 30 with 3554 viewsStuartBrett8

Calm down.... cup of tea? ;)

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Another press conference today then on 11:32 - Oct 30 with 3544 viewsJohnny_Boy

Another press conference today then on 11:27 - Oct 30 by Archer4721

You were up there as one of the favourites tbf.

Very poor retort.
Another press conference today then on 11:41 - Oct 30 with 3524 viewsfactual_blue

Another press conference today then on 11:05 - Oct 30 by hoppy

Surely he's talking about Phil?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Another press conference today then on 11:43 - Oct 30 with 3527 viewsBobbychase

Maybe people should ask him questions about the football rather than the abuse aimed at him from the terraces which began five minutes into the Burton match. I'm also bored, bored of the same questions designed to create controversy.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Another press conference today then on 11:50 - Oct 30 with 3496 viewsSE1blue

Another press conference today then on 11:43 - Oct 30 by Bobbychase

Maybe people should ask him questions about the football rather than the abuse aimed at him from the terraces which began five minutes into the Burton match. I'm also bored, bored of the same questions designed to create controversy.

I'd ask him who he thinks will get voted off Strictly Come Dancing next week?

Hugely underrated show...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Another press conference today then on 11:50 - Oct 30 with 3495 viewshoppy

But Phil hasn't even asked the "So Mick, what's your favourite cheese then?" question yet...

Another press conference today then on 11:51 - Oct 30 with 3495 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't not agree with that. But given the current 'apathy' around the club, I suppose the likes of Stuart Watson, who I suppose is seen as a mouthpiece for the boo boys on twitter, feels he needs to get questions answered etc.

Another press conference today then on 11:52 - Oct 30 with 3479 viewsSE1blue

Another press conference today then on 11:50 - Oct 30 by hoppy

But Phil hasn't even asked the "So Mick, what's your favourite cheese then?" question yet...

I think he's a hard cheese kind of a guy.

Not sure why.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Another press conference today then on 12:42 - Oct 30 with 3368 viewsNazemariner

Mick knows it, Marcus knows it, the players know it, and we all know it.

MM will not be here after this season. This means a season where the only people who really truly care about the outcome are the fans. I'm not talking about the ones who think that supporting a team means bashing keys. I mean the ones who follow the team to all corners of our nation, the very ones who Mick thinks it's ok to take pop shots at.

Disgraceful behaviour from a manager who has become a parody of himself.
Another press conference today then on 12:42 - Oct 30 with 3365 viewsBadgerBajner

I didn't find it offending. What stood out for me was his attitude towards bringing Celina on. The more the crowd call for him to play, the less likely he is to play him. Just sums up his stubborn attitude. Is this now just him versus the fans, rather than doing what's best for the club/team? Suspect he won't start Celina.
Another press conference today then on 12:43 - Oct 30 with 3360 viewsKieran_Knows

Another press conference today then on 12:42 - Oct 30 by BadgerBajner

I didn't find it offending. What stood out for me was his attitude towards bringing Celina on. The more the crowd call for him to play, the less likely he is to play him. Just sums up his stubborn attitude. Is this now just him versus the fans, rather than doing what's best for the club/team? Suspect he won't start Celina.

To be fair, he did warn us about this a couple of years ago when we were all clambering for Marriott to get some minutes. That said, it doesn't make it right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024