Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich on a Wednesday night 23:19 - Nov 12 with 6362 viewsStNeotsBlue

Most of my journeys to Ipswich are covered by my now sober brother. However the selfish tw@t is out of the country for the Sheffield Wednesday game, which means we're staying over in Ipswich that night and on it. Anywhere decent midweek?
Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 23:29 - Nov 12 with 6316 viewsJakeITFC

No.
Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 23:30 - Nov 12 with 6310 viewsvapour_trail

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 23:29 - Nov 12 by JakeITFC

No.

Ha ha!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 23:31 - Nov 12 with 6308 viewsStNeotsBlue

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 23:29 - Nov 12 by JakeITFC

No.

Ball bags. That isn't the answer I was hoping for.
Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 00:43 - Nov 13 with 6239 viewsfactual_blue

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 23:31 - Nov 12 by StNeotsBlue

Ball bags. That isn't the answer I was hoping for.

Does 'absolutely not' work any better for you?

If not, the Novotel is OK, and people speak well of the Penthotel or whatever it's called.

Or J2 will put you up for the night.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 04:03 - Nov 13 with 6174 viewsHong_Kong_Bluey

The Salthouse is one of the best hotels i've stayed in anywhere in the world. As i've travelled around Asia for 25 years, I hope this can be taken on the genuine face value it's meant.

Couldn't believe such an amazing hotel existed in my home town.

Bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.
Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 06:59 - Nov 13 with 6093 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 04:03 - Nov 13 by Hong_Kong_Bluey

The Salthouse is one of the best hotels i've stayed in anywhere in the world. As i've travelled around Asia for 25 years, I hope this can be taken on the genuine face value it's meant.

Couldn't believe such an amazing hotel existed in my home town.

Bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

If I’ve read his post correctly, I think he was asking whether anywhere was good to go out, rather than somewhere nice to stay. In which case no is correct for a Wednesday

If looking for somewhere to stay then yes, the Salthouse is lovely, but probably a bit wasted in this scenario
[Post edited 13 Nov 2017 6:59]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 08:09 - Nov 13 with 6001 viewssolemio

The Salthouse is good. Has anyone ever stayed at the Angel in Bury St E, which is owned by the same group.

Is it the same type of hotel, or more old-fashioned traditional?
Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 08:51 - Nov 13 with 5932 viewssoupytwist

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 08:09 - Nov 13 by solemio

The Salthouse is good. Has anyone ever stayed at the Angel in Bury St E, which is owned by the same group.

I've stayed at the Angel. It is a bit more old-fashioned traditional that how the Salthouse appears (haven't stayed there) on its website but still good.

We stayed at the Angel on a Sunday night. The room cost was decent (they had an offer on for Sundays) but the food in the restaurant wasn't that good.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 11:05 - Nov 13 with 5830 viewsfactual_blue

Not stayed there, but it's an old-fashioned country house type hotel, although. 'Old-fashioned' in a good way, not tired or outdated.

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 11:06 - Nov 13 with 5830 viewsfactual_blue

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 08:51 - Nov 13 by soupytwist

I've stayed at the Angel. It is a bit more old-fashioned traditional that how the Salthouse appears (haven't stayed there) on its website but still good.

We stayed at the Angel on a Sunday night. The room cost was decent (they had an offer on for Sundays) but the food in the restaurant wasn't that good.

We had dinner there not all that long ago. Underwhelmed.

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 11:17 - Nov 13 with 5819 viewshype313

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 11:06 - Nov 13 by factual_blue

We had dinner there not all that long ago. Underwhelmed.

Not good to be average in a town like Bury, especially given the competition.

One of our customers has recently opened a Steak place in Bury at Cupola House, we supply the Southend and Chelmsford sites along with this one, however I find it a bit ostentatious and not in keeping with the demographic, it's a bit TOWIE for me, not sure it's gone down well with the locals either...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 11:21 - Nov 13 with 5808 viewsgainsboroughblue

If it isn't a warm, sunny evening then Ipswich is as bleak a midweek experience as you will find anywhere. In saying that, the Dove beer fest is soon and that is normally pretty good.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 11:50 - Nov 13 with 5757 viewsfactual_blue

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 11:17 - Nov 13 by hype313

Not good to be average in a town like Bury, especially given the competition.

One of our customers has recently opened a Steak place in Bury at Cupola House, we supply the Southend and Chelmsford sites along with this one, however I find it a bit ostentatious and not in keeping with the demographic, it's a bit TOWIE for me, not sure it's gone down well with the locals either...

The Bury Society don't like it, as they are attempting to say the carefully and expensively restored Grade One listed building is a new build, and should have modern disabled access.

I think when it burned down they were insisting (rightly ) that it was properly restored.

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 12:02 - Nov 13 with 5741 viewshype313

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 11:50 - Nov 13 by factual_blue

The Bury Society don't like it, as they are attempting to say the carefully and expensively restored Grade One listed building is a new build, and should have modern disabled access.

I think when it burned down they were insisting (rightly ) that it was properly restored.

Trouble is that's all very well and good, but if there are no takers due to the cost of restoring it, then it's hardly a surprise. I know they got it for a ridiculous price, so they were clearly struggling to rent it out, which is why presumably no eyebrows were raised with the decor...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 12:09 - Nov 13 with 5736 viewsfactual_blue

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 12:02 - Nov 13 by hype313

Trouble is that's all very well and good, but if there are no takers due to the cost of restoring it, then it's hardly a surprise. I know they got it for a ridiculous price, so they were clearly struggling to rent it out, which is why presumably no eyebrows were raised with the decor...

Clearly not low enough to tempt Strada - the previous occupants - back.

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 19:24 - Nov 13 with 5565 viewsSpruceMoose

Bit of a trek out of town, but The Belstead Arms will be what you're looking for.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 19:26 - Nov 13 with 5557 viewsgreyhound

Stayed at the angel after a work function. Despite the price etc it was flipping awful
Ipswich on a Wednesday night on 20:36 - Nov 13 with 5493 viewssolemio

Thanks for all the info re the Angel, folks.

Sorry it doesn't answer the op's question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024