Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London 14:49 - Nov 21 with 9675 viewsNo9

Another thing the Brexiteers said would not happen.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-netherlands-amsterda
Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:27 - Nov 21 with 1271 viewsm14_blue

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:22 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

The Boris Bus, as I have said on many occasions, was misleading but very clever marketing.

I'm not aware of any empirical evidence that suggests it won the vote for leave. The only defence of it I will give is it seems to upset a lot of remainers that they are still banging on about it 18 months later.

I totally agree, I doubt it made any significant difference. In fact, had he used the actual figure I'm sure it wouldn't have made any difference at all, it's still an eye watering amount of money either way.
Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:30 - Nov 21 with 1264 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 16:36 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

You have been let down. We haven't had the rising unemployment, falling house prices, 2016/ 2017 recession and World War III that the remain camp promised.

I'm surprised you're still so upbeat, whatwith it all going so wrong for your lot.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:31 - Nov 21 with 1257 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:27 - Nov 21 by m14_blue

I totally agree, I doubt it made any significant difference. In fact, had he used the actual figure I'm sure it wouldn't have made any difference at all, it's still an eye watering amount of money either way.

I thought the Speccie got it spot on:

"As far as the average voter is concerned, £181 million and £350 million both sound like a lot of money. So why did Boris use the gross figure, when the convention is to use the net figure? Simple: it drives the other side quite loopy. And as they explode with anger, the discussion turns to how much of British money is spent to the EU — a conversation subject that suits Brexiteers. This tactic worked so effectively in the referendum because their opponents rose to the bait every time.

Was the £350m figure misleading? Yes, if it was spoken of as the net figure. Would the lower figure have been fairer, and got the point across just as well? Of course. But it would not have been as effective as a campaigning tool, because it would have attracted less attention".

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/10/official-data-proves-boris-was-wrong-about

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:31 - Nov 21 with 1256 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:26 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

It may well have done but they are not blubbing over it 18 months later as if it was the only reason vote leave won the referendum.

No, but I did see a few morons complaining about it afterwards.

To be fair, most remainers I know just accept it and get on with it. I dont personally know anyone who has mentioned that bus in conversation to me over the last 12 months.

I dont really see the need generalise and make out that the majority of remainers are bitter and blubbing.

One of the saddest things about the whole referendum is how divisive it has been allowed to become.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:33 - Nov 21 with 1252 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:31 - Nov 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

No, but I did see a few morons complaining about it afterwards.

To be fair, most remainers I know just accept it and get on with it. I dont personally know anyone who has mentioned that bus in conversation to me over the last 12 months.

I dont really see the need generalise and make out that the majority of remainers are bitter and blubbing.

One of the saddest things about the whole referendum is how divisive it has been allowed to become.

They are over the Bus though. If this place is anything to go by it raises the blood pressure every time it's mentioned. And it's been mentioned so many times on here that it probably deserves a category of it's own.

Iron Lion Zion

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:34 - Nov 21 with 1248 viewsNo9

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 16:36 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

You have been let down. We haven't had the rising unemployment, falling house prices, 2016/ 2017 recession and World War III that the remain camp promised.

Falling house prices - you are sleeping

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/oct/27/uk-housing-market-confidence-we

We should not speak of employment/ unemployment but of being active or not being active, there are far too many people not fully engaged in work to be counted as unemployed just the tories have found a new way to fool the public
Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:34 - Nov 21 with 1247 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 17:33 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

They are over the Bus though. If this place is anything to go by it raises the blood pressure every time it's mentioned. And it's been mentioned so many times on here that it probably deserves a category of it's own.

I wouldnt use this board as a barometer of anything.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 18:53 - Nov 21 with 1225 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 16:18 - Nov 21 by factual_blue

brexiteers don't believe in all this science stuff, like climate change and the broadly spherical shape of this planet.

Ironically enough, the only fit reply to this is 'balls'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 19:02 - Nov 21 with 1220 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 15:36 - Nov 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not defending Brexit, but what I am saying is it is too early to judge its effects.

I suspect a softer brexit will eventually be agreed, and the UK will settle to a natural 'post brexit' equilibrium.

Of course I dont have the answers, but Im not going to get stressed about something I cant influence.

Science funding is already going, NHS staffing is already suffering. It's already more expensive to buy food or travel anywhere abroad.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 20:36 - Nov 21 with 1210 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brexit depatures, EU FInance and Health agencies leave London on 19:02 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

Science funding is already going, NHS staffing is already suffering. It's already more expensive to buy food or travel anywhere abroad.

"NHS staffing is already suffering"

in post 30 June 2016 / in post 30 June 2017
Doctors 9,695 / 10,136
Registrars 3,190 / 3,215
Trainee doctors (foundation years 1 and 2) 779 / 950
Nurses and health visitors 20,907 / 20,618
Midwives 1,220 / 1,247
Ambulance staff 250 / 386
Scientific/therapeutic/technical 6,112 / 6,957

Source: NHS Digital

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024