Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick on Tom Lawrence.... 13:51 - Nov 27 with 13412 viewsBloots

....."It was never on. £5m? I've not spent that in my time here!"

"If I had £5m to spend, I would have to split it to strengthen the team anyway".

Evans out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 07:09 - Nov 28 with 1488 viewsReuser_is_God

Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 05:36 - Nov 28 by textbackup

Exactly.

Also I believe MM enjoys spending fck all, every time he mentions it it's a small job interview opening line for listening owners.

But no one listens to him because everyone knows he's not that good anymore, hence why he's never been offered a job at a top championship club since he's been here.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 07:35 - Nov 28 with 1476 viewstextbackup

Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 07:09 - Nov 28 by Reuser_is_God

But no one listens to him because everyone knows he's not that good anymore, hence why he's never been offered a job at a top championship club since he's been here.

And within that is my fear....

If he says it enough Evans may just give him another year or so!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 07:43 - Nov 28 with 1460 viewsSomethingBlue

Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 07:35 - Nov 28 by textbackup

And within that is my fear....

If he says it enough Evans may just give him another year or so!

Pretty clear he doesn't want another year though — you'll get your wish but it just depends when and how. Need to hope it's a smooth succession but definitely can't take that for granted.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick on Tom Lawrence....I'm on 08:15 - Nov 28 with 1432 viewsitfcjoe

Mick on Tom Lawrence....I'm on 15:00 - Nov 27 by Johnny_Boy

But surely buying poorly is just as bad as paying poorly.

We have been consistently the lowest spenders on fees with a bottom half wage bill - there's your answer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 12:34 - Nov 28 with 1392 viewsTendring_Blue

Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 14:24 - Nov 27 by chicoazul

I'm coming round more and more to Bloots' point that the Manager is hamstrung and that our ongoing malaise is not really his fault. Rhetorical question but who else could keep us up around the mid/top of the table with one of the lowest wage bills in the league?

Me too, and I think mick is fed up with it and with the fans on his back it's pissed him off further.

It's very very easy to blame what's if front of you, it's called the blame game and it's a dangerous negative game to play. What is the root cause of the issue, it's lack of funds compared to the opposition, because football is broken by money.

Evans has been left behind, and is not showing vision or leadership to tackle the problem. We will never get back to our 2000-2002 position until the pl money cools down.

I personally think anyone will struggle managing us, I'm not opposed to change and would support it if it happened, but I don't think it's the actual problem with our club.

I think Evans should be looking for a good quality owner or investor over a manager. That's a good medium term fix.

A new manager would give us a small short term boost, I suspect crowds may go up a bit based on curiosity and hope, but I doubt bt we will find a magic ticket.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 12:44]
Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 13:39 - Nov 28 with 1361 viewspablosturn

Mick on Tom Lawrence.... on 12:34 - Nov 28 by Tendring_Blue

Me too, and I think mick is fed up with it and with the fans on his back it's pissed him off further.

It's very very easy to blame what's if front of you, it's called the blame game and it's a dangerous negative game to play. What is the root cause of the issue, it's lack of funds compared to the opposition, because football is broken by money.

Evans has been left behind, and is not showing vision or leadership to tackle the problem. We will never get back to our 2000-2002 position until the pl money cools down.

I personally think anyone will struggle managing us, I'm not opposed to change and would support it if it happened, but I don't think it's the actual problem with our club.

I think Evans should be looking for a good quality owner or investor over a manager. That's a good medium term fix.

A new manager would give us a small short term boost, I suspect crowds may go up a bit based on curiosity and hope, but I doubt bt we will find a magic ticket.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 12:44]

Not necessarily just this post but this thread sums up itfc fans talking about Mick:

Who could do better with similar funds?
Quite a few managers have and do better with low budgets, give someone a chance.....

MM would play better football with more money
No we wouldn't, slightly lower hoofs might be the outcome

Be careful what you wish for
I wish for attacking forward thinking tactics, wanting to go to games and to have a manager who doesn't bash the fans when they have an opinion

It is the fans fault we have poor players who are too nervous to play
The itfc fans are some of the most placid you could ever wish to play in front of

Every "mick outer" will "get their wish" at the end of the season
The only wish I have is to have a team we can be proud of and relate to again. Maybe have a shot once in a while against a top half team, maybe even get a point off them...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024