Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today was what happens when ... 18:23 - Dec 26 with 1992 viewsSomethingBlue

... you can't keep any midfielders fit. Just no way of asserting any kind of control. As a result it was just so scrappy and effectively turned into two sides counter-attacking each other badly - QPR marginally more threateningly most of the time. Looked and felt like one of last season's games, which at least we haven't been able to say often. But our injury situation is properly getting on top of us now and will probably see us drift away from the genuine contenders.

Couple of things though: why Celina did not come on earlier I have absolutely no idea. I understood the rotation today and, let's be honest, 92 managers will be doing similar things - but it was crying out for him after an hour. Can't really understand it; Sears worked hard as ever but his race seems run to me.

Also - am I the only person who's not really having Joe Garner at the moment? Started well here but just doesn't offer enough for me unless he's really monstering his centre-backs, which doesn't seem to happen a lot these days. Goal threat is next to zero.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Today was what happens when ... on 19:37 - Dec 26 with 1894 viewsSteve_M

MM'S biggest error today was playing Garner, Waghorn and McGoldrick together. A couple of games on August aside, it's not worked and leaves all three less effective. Add that to the midfield and no wonder we struggled.

Garner is either effective and a threat or an irritation to our play. Today was the latter, including slowing one attack down trying to get a freekick.

Really disappointing all round, only consolation was we didn't really fk up and concede when they were down to ten men; a couple of times out looked possible.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Today was what happens when ... on 19:53 - Dec 26 with 1844 viewstractorboy1978

I don't agree re rotation. How much did we rotate in 2014/15? We weren't making 5 changes and it's not the first time he has done it. We need a settled back 5 (including Bart), Knudsen was obviously going to come back in but he doesn't seem to know who he prefers out of Spence and Iorfa. Did Celina need a rest? Was there any reason to change the attacking line up which worked well and was effective against Reading?
Today was what happens when ... on 20:02 - Dec 26 with 1826 viewsTrequartista

The opposition had 8 defenders out. No-one seems to be mentioning that.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Today was what happens when ... on 20:05 - Dec 26 with 1823 viewsSomethingBlue

Today was what happens when ... on 20:02 - Dec 26 by Trequartista

The opposition had 8 defenders out. No-one seems to be mentioning that.

You just have. I'm talking about our lack of midfielders though, which isn't directly relevant to your angle.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Today was what happens when ... on 20:14 - Dec 26 with 1807 viewshomer_123

Garner.....frustrates me immensely. Spends far far to much time flinging himself about as if he's been shot.

I do thing the shoulder situ needs sorting though....which def is causing him major probs.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Today was what happens when ... on 20:23 - Dec 26 with 1780 viewsDarth_Koont

Yep. Without a proper midfield then we're disjointed in attack and open at the break - just like today.

We've looked much better as a team with Skuse, Connolly and Huws/Adeyemi in the middle. We desperately need 3 of them around. and now we've even lost Bishop and Bru as backups.

Pronouns: He/Him

Today was what happens when ... on 20:25 - Dec 26 with 1762 viewshomer_123

Today was what happens when ... on 20:23 - Dec 26 by Darth_Koont

Yep. Without a proper midfield then we're disjointed in attack and open at the break - just like today.

We've looked much better as a team with Skuse, Connolly and Huws/Adeyemi in the middle. We desperately need 3 of them around. and now we've even lost Bishop and Bru as backups.

Bru will be available Saturday. Family funeral today.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Today was what happens when ... on 20:26 - Dec 26 with 1762 viewsJakeITFC

I’m not sure I agree.

We had arguably two of our better ball playing midfielders in the two of a 4231 to start today and went over them.

It was desperate today because we went with the four upfront and tried to play in that third as quickly as possible. QPR swamped us in the middle (which was avoidable as we had two CMs on the bench) and our front four was poor (Garner isn’t a great striker, Waghorn isn’t a ten, McGoldrick isn’t a winger and Sears is honest but ineffective). Celina was such an obvious change for such a long time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024