Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition 16:50 - Dec 28 with 5193 viewsartsbossbeard

Just watched it this afternoon and the ex-Valencia coach is bemoaning Newcastle's lack of intent up to and beyond the Sturridge goal.

Well, Mr Neville, as long as your paymaster continues to pay obscene amounts of money to clubs that aid the top teams to mothball players that would walk into most clubs 1st team, you'd better get used to this approach.

Didn't you lose 0-5 to Real Madrid at home too?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 16:57 - Dec 28 with 5161 viewsJ2BLUE

He's not wrong though. They were dire.

Valencia or not, he is the best pundit out there.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:03 - Dec 28 with 5149 viewsnrb1985

The sky money is divided equally among all 20 teams, his paymasters have nothing to do with it.

It's the authorities that turn a blind eye to City's financial doping you should direct your anger at.
Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:04 - Dec 28 with 5141 viewsartsbossbeard

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:03 - Dec 28 by nrb1985

The sky money is divided equally among all 20 teams, his paymasters have nothing to do with it.

It's the authorities that turn a blind eye to City's financial doping you should direct your anger at.

So, the champions and champions league qualifiers get the same amounts as the relegated teams then?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:06 - Dec 28 with 5131 viewsJ2BLUE

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:04 - Dec 28 by artsbossbeard

So, the champions and champions league qualifiers get the same amounts as the relegated teams then?

Almost

https://images.theconversation.com/files/56545/original/mh5kg4r6-1408027396.png?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:23 - Dec 28 with 5084 viewsartsbossbeard

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:06 - Dec 28 by J2BLUE

Almost

https://images.theconversation.com/files/56545/original/mh5kg4r6-1408027396.png?

Got anything post decimal?

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:39 - Dec 28 with 5049 viewsFKA_tomtheblue

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 16:57 - Dec 28 by J2BLUE

He can probably tell the difference between Sturridge and Sterling, too.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none
Poll: TWTDs best couple?

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 18:52 - Dec 28 with 4955 viewsSitfcB

Newcastle could've come out from the start and given City a game instead of sitting back and inviting City forward.

Sturridge doesn't play for City anymore either 🙄😂

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 19:36 - Dec 28 with 4904 viewsm14_blue

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 16:57 - Dec 28 by J2BLUE

Newcastle's performance was one of the most gutless I've ever seen, at any level.

They literally kicked the ball to City's keeper direct from the kick off and retreated to their own box.

I wish they'd been hammered.
Login to get fewer ads

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 08:01 - Dec 29 with 4731 viewsartsbossbeard

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:39 - Dec 28 by FKA_tomtheblue

He can probably tell the difference between Sturridge and Sterling, too.

Ha! I'll be glad to get back to work where I can't enjoy an afternoon tipple on a week day afternoon..

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 08:22 - Dec 29 with 4712 viewsitfcjoe

In fairness, the TV money is what enables the PL to have stronger lower end teams - not that it’s helping much!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 11:47 - Dec 29 with 4624 viewsJimmyJazz

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 08:22 - Dec 29 by itfcjoe

In fairness, the TV money is what enables the PL to have stronger lower end teams - not that it’s helping much!

And stronger higher end Championship clubs with the parachute money

The Premier League have a product and wanted to gain the most financially from said product.

Sky just happened to get on board at the same time, as it greatly propped up their own brand in the early years (and probably still does).

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 12:03 - Dec 29 with 4602 viewsmanchego

Whatever Newcastle did ( I didn't see it ) nearly earned them a point. It was clearly a better option than trying to be Barcelona and getting humped - although we need City to hump someone 10 - 0.
Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 12:12 - Dec 29 with 4596 viewsm14_blue

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 12:03 - Dec 29 by manchego

Whatever Newcastle did ( I didn't see it ) nearly earned them a point. It was clearly a better option than trying to be Barcelona and getting humped - although we need City to hump someone 10 - 0.

Ah the old Barcelona or nothing false dichotomy.

It was absolutely feeble and never looked in the least bit likely to get them a point. Like watching Andorra at Wembley only these aren't part time players but multi million pound internationals. If every team adopted that approach against superior (on paper) teams it would be the end of football as a spectator sport.
Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 13:55 - Dec 29 with 4539 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:23 - Dec 28 by artsbossbeard

Got anything post decimal?

Same pattern for last year.

1. All clubs got an equal share if the TV rights package (£84.4m).
2. Plus prize fund for where they finished
3. Plus extra tv income from live games

The funds for position vary the greatest between top and bottom and account for the largest part of the difference in revenues.
https://www.google.ca/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-pr

Of course, commercial income and match day revenue is where the big clubs really rake it in. Man U and Man C can bring in £400m there. Whereas small clubs a few tens of £m at best.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-41346317

Edit - added a couple of links
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 13:56]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:39 - Dec 29 with 4468 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 19:36 - Dec 28 by m14_blue

Newcastle's performance was one of the most gutless I've ever seen, at any level.

They literally kicked the ball to City's keeper direct from the kick off and retreated to their own box.

I wish they'd been hammered.

Far from it.

Rafa had a game plan to limit Man City and to try to be defensive and hit them on the counter attack.

If it was any other team nothing would be said.

As we are seemingly news worthy and always press material, Sky Sports (Gary Neville a pundit give me a break) thinks he can pass judgement.

His record in Spain as manager was hardly anything to write home about. Losing 7-0 ringing any bells.

It is times like this where I do miss decent pundits such as Alan Hansen and Jimmy Hill and god forbid Richard Keys and Andy Gray.
Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:40 - Dec 29 with 4467 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 17:39 - Dec 29 by newcastlefan1984

Far from it.

Rafa had a game plan to limit Man City and to try to be defensive and hit them on the counter attack.

If it was any other team nothing would be said.

As we are seemingly news worthy and always press material, Sky Sports (Gary Neville a pundit give me a break) thinks he can pass judgement.

His record in Spain as manager was hardly anything to write home about. Losing 7-0 ringing any bells.

It is times like this where I do miss decent pundits such as Alan Hansen and Jimmy Hill and god forbid Richard Keys and Andy Gray.

God, just remembered his pathetic "errrrrrrrrrr......unbelievable"

Like he was having some sort of an orgasm.
Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 19:26 - Dec 29 with 4423 viewsmanchego

Gary Neville - barcodes v citeh edition on 12:12 - Dec 29 by m14_blue

Ah the old Barcelona or nothing false dichotomy.

It was absolutely feeble and never looked in the least bit likely to get them a point. Like watching Andorra at Wembley only these aren't part time players but multi million pound internationals. If every team adopted that approach against superior (on paper) teams it would be the end of football as a spectator sport.

It was 1 - 0
You can't get any closer to getting a point without actually getting one.

It's not their job to provide a spectacle. The job it to get a point and or not get humped.
If you don't like the Barcelona reference then change it to literally any other top 3 team in Europe. Or any team who are comfortable passing the ball around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024