Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moore to be sold apparently..... 17:40 - Jan 1 with 17098 viewsbluesym

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:02 - Jan 1 with 4291 viewsBackToRussia

Football is funny isn't it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:17 - Jan 1 with 4257 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That’s piss poor from town

Just like marrriott, he ain’t gonna get a deserved chance despite flying at a lower level

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:19 - Jan 1 with 4250 viewsbluesym

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:17 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Just like marrriott, he ain’t gonna get a deserved chance despite flying at a lower level

Yep, could he have done anymore what was asked of hin during his loan spell?To not get a single chance would be as laughable as Bru playing ahead of McDonnell.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:24 - Jan 1 with 4223 viewsitfcjoe

Bit frustrating, has looked good when I've seen him for Rotherham this year and obviously scored a load.

Would have liked to see him get a chance here, instead we are going to cash in for an amount that will make no discernible difference to us.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:25 - Jan 1 with 4211 viewsJ2BLUE

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:17 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Marriott did nothing at a lower level after his initial loan at Woking.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:30 - Jan 1 with 4187 viewstractorboy1978

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:24 - Jan 1 by itfcjoe

Bit frustrating, has looked good when I've seen him for Rotherham this year and obviously scored a load.

Would have liked to see him get a chance here, instead we are going to cash in for an amount that will make no discernible difference to us.

I don't see what we have to lose in bringing him back and integrating him back into the match day squad for the remainder of the season. We don't have an abundance of forward options and McCarthy clearly doesn't think Folami/Morris are ready yet.
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:31 - Jan 1 with 4183 viewsPJH

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:25 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

Although according to some he should have been seen as a superstar in the making.
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 4169 viewstractorboy1978

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:31 - Jan 1 by PJH

Although according to some he should have been seen as a superstar in the making.

I don't think it's revisionist to say he was let go too soon. A lot said the same at the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:35 - Jan 1 with 4165 viewsblueislander

Really can't get excited about Moore going. He was very poor when coming off the bench for us last season. He had a golden spell at the beginning of this season for Rotherham, but the goals have dried up recently. Certainly when I watched an entire game of Rotherham a couple of moths ago, he did not convince me that he could make an impact for Town.
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:38 - Jan 1 with 4152 viewsPJH

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:33 - Jan 1 by tractorboy1978

I don't think it's revisionist to say he was let go too soon. A lot said the same at the time.

But if he was that good why didn't somebody better than Luton sign him?
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:40 - Jan 1 with 4134 viewsitfcjoe

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:31 - Jan 1 by PJH

No, he should have been given an opportunity here is what most are saying who lament the decision for him to go - plenty had seen him scoring regularly for the U18s and U21s against decent opposition

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:42 - Jan 1 with 4130 viewsitfcjoe

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:30 - Jan 1 by tractorboy1978

I don't see what we have to lose in bringing him back and integrating him back into the match day squad for the remainder of the season. We don't have an abundance of forward options and McCarthy clearly doesn't think Folami/Morris are ready yet.

Garner has this shoulder problem he is managing, Sears is woefully out of form and McG could easily go in this window - doesn't make sense to me unless this Drinan is seen as ready to contribute, but that would be a huge risk as LOI players don't seem to adapt quickly, and he'd barely played out there before.

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:42 - Jan 1 with 4123 viewsElto

I'm disappointed by this but, looking at it from the player's perspective, not that surprised. He's having the time of his life there, much loved, playing every match, as you'd want to in your mid twenties. If he really wants it, standing in his way may be counter productive come the end of the season.
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:43 - Jan 1 with 4110 viewstractorboy1978

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:38 - Jan 1 by PJH

But if he was that good why didn't somebody better than Luton sign him?

You can say that about a lot of players that leave bigger clubs and work their way back up the leagues. I felt at the time he wasn't given the time that his goalscoring record at youth levels warranted - he clearly wasn't the type of striker Mick was interested in though. He may step back to this level and do very little but a club will probably have to pay a couple of million quid or more to take him off Peterborough now and he left here for nothing.
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:44 - Jan 1 with 4110 viewsPJH

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:40 - Jan 1 by itfcjoe

No, he should have been given an opportunity here is what most are saying who lament the decision for him to go - plenty had seen him scoring regularly for the U18s and U21s against decent opposition

But other than one spell at Woking he had done nothing anywhere else to suggest that he would make it, presumably against better opposition than U21's.
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:44 - Jan 1 with 4110 viewsjas0999

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 17:44 - Jan 1 by Bluefish

More than 500k then.

If we sell him or turn it down I am sure some will find a way to criticise McCarthy and Evans

... only if Evans doesn’t reinvest every last penny into much needed reinforcements ...
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:44 - Jan 1 with 4109 viewsgtsb1966

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:35 - Jan 1 by blueislander

Really can't get excited about Moore going. He was very poor when coming off the bench for us last season. He had a golden spell at the beginning of this season for Rotherham, but the goals have dried up recently. Certainly when I watched an entire game of Rotherham a couple of moths ago, he did not convince me that he could make an impact for Town.

And the only clubs interested are league one sides. Says it all really.
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:47 - Jan 1 with 4093 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Is a difficult one to work out:

So, we actual own a player who is top scorer in the league below, so we sell him to another club, then claim we can't afford to buy any players as they are out of our budget, despite the fact Moore would be within in budget and a good target for us, next season.

It is therefore logical for the Ipswich Town management structure to sell the player.

Is this right?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 19:49]
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:50 - Jan 1 with 4070 viewsblueislander

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:47 - Jan 1 by Northern_Blue81

Is a difficult one to work out:

So, we actual own a player who is top scorer in the league below, so we sell him to another club, then claim we can't afford to buy any players as they are out of our budget, despite the fact Moore would be within in budget and a good target for us, next season.

It is therefore logical for the Ipswich Town management structure to sell the player.

Is this right?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 19:49]

Yes. He is totally unproven at Championship level.
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:51 - Jan 1 with 4066 viewsazuremerlangus

Sell him to the highest bidder and with 3 in the mix he will going for a decent price.

I suspect we might be bringing in a loan midfielder and the Moore money will fund that.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:51 - Jan 1 with 4063 viewsPJH

No idea why you got that downvoted for stating an undeniable fact.
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:52 - Jan 1 with 4051 viewsbraveblue

As soon as Milne said we were not selling he was gone!!
Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:53 - Jan 1 with 4043 viewsitfcjoe

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:44 - Jan 1 by PJH

But other than one spell at Woking he had done nothing anywhere else to suggest that he would make it, presumably against better opposition than U21's.

It doesn't take much investigation of his loan spells to see why they didn't work out. An operation postponed for one guy he was replacing, a manager who was playing him getting sacked - relying on the loan system to judge players isn't the best because it is so hit and miss.

It's no surprise he is doing so well to me, he may not have done here but he deserved an opportunity - no youth player has done more for ITFC without getting one in the time I've been following it closely, basically since relegation.

Mick dropped a ball on this one, it wouldn't happen now as he seems far more in tune with the youth system here now.

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:56 - Jan 1 with 4032 viewsitfcjoe

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:51 - Jan 1 by PJH

No idea why you got that downvoted for stating an undeniable fact.

His 2 further loan spells at Woking, whilst not as good as his first weren't at all bad for a young player in a tough league

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:57 - Jan 1 with 4027 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Moore to be sold apparently..... on 19:50 - Jan 1 by blueislander

Yes. He is totally unproven at Championship level.

But if we are pleading poverty and have no money, then he is a decent squad player who has scored a few in League one and the key point is he is ALREADY contracted to us, so giving him half a season to find his feet might pay dividends.

If it does not work out for him, then we flog him to Rotherham in the summer and admit we were all wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024