Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good win that 17:07 - Jan 13 with 7826 viewsMullet

Thought we did well enough today all things considered. Kept making chances and even before the sending off weren't as scary at the back as I anticipated.

Lovely goal to win it, and Leeds got a bit of karma for their last two games at Elland Rd. against us. Enjoyed seeing Pontus get all arsey when things didn't go his way. Still remember him snapping Pitman and jogging off happy with himself.

Worrying that Waghorn and McGoldrick looked a bit off with some of their touches and decisions. Will take 3pts every time, especially in circumstances like that. 4pt gap from the playoffs and a victory for our German friends too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Good win that on 18:15 - Jan 13 with 2335 viewschristiand

Good win that on 18:06 - Jan 13 by horsehollerer

I hear you, and I'm not going to pretend it was scintillating stuff. I know it wasn't. But I thought we did actually keep possession of the ball better than usual. I mean, if Eddie Gray was complaining that we were passing it sideways a lot, then surely that is us trying to keep possession of the ball against 10 men. Our near-60% possession points to that. We also created a number of dangerous situations and hit the post twice. We also had a couple of half-decent penalty shouts in the first half. They had a handful of dangerous breaks, but they didn't really do a great deal to hurt us.

Anyway, I'm delighted with effort and the result! COYB.

Can see your argument horsehollerer, but I also see what Eddie Gray was saying the fact we were unable to make incisive passes behind the Leed's defence, they could manage us comfortably by just letting us play in front of them. We kept the ball, but never really looked like doing much with it. I'd also say that out of the two keepers, to me Gerken was the one that was called in to more pressing action and made a couple of smart saves. Remember we had a few occasions when the defence had to make some important blocks and scramble the ball clear especially towards the end of the game. Think Leeds always felt they we in the contest, we just couldn't put them to bed.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Good win that on 19:36 - Jan 13 with 2292 viewschristiand

Good win that on 18:07 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

You're making progress, mate, usually you attempt detailed analysis without watching us kick a ball. Who knows, you may even go to a game one day. I'm pretty sure those that actually went enjoyed it.

Not based on today it won’t. If that was meant to be match that should entice supporters back, you’re sadly mistaken that was woeful at times.

Good win that on 20:06 - Jan 13 with 2273 viewslongtimefan

Good win that on 19:36 - Jan 13 by christiand

Not based on today it won’t. If that was meant to be match that should entice supporters back, you’re sadly mistaken that was woeful at times.

I think you need to go and support Man City. If you found that woeful you’re not suited to Championship football.
Good win that on 20:17 - Jan 13 with 2267 viewschristiand

Good win that on 20:06 - Jan 13 by longtimefan

I think you need to go and support Man City. If you found that woeful you’re not suited to Championship football.

Look at the game as a whole ‘not’ the result. Short on quality on the whole, unable to maintain possession and we struggled to impose ourselves on 10 men. I think some are easily pleased? Just finished watching Forest against Villa, that seemed like that was from a league above our showing. Just goes to show how far we have fallen that that type of game is quantified as being a good quality game by some. That’s why a change is desperately needed.

Good win that on 21:10 - Jan 13 with 2238 viewsSomethingBlue

Good win that on 17:19 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Yes, 2 shots on target isn't really creating loads though is it?

Overall though as I said, we deserved the win and it's good to get the 3 points.

Just don't think we should be going overboard on what was ultimately not a great match from either team.

SB

Fortunate, then, that you are bashing away at a straw man - because nobody seems to be going overboard at all.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good win that on 21:11 - Jan 13 with 2232 viewsSomethingBlue

Good win that on 20:17 - Jan 13 by christiand

Look at the game as a whole ‘not’ the result. Short on quality on the whole, unable to maintain possession and we struggled to impose ourselves on 10 men. I think some are easily pleased? Just finished watching Forest against Villa, that seemed like that was from a league above our showing. Just goes to show how far we have fallen that that type of game is quantified as being a good quality game by some. That’s why a change is desperately needed.

I give up. Either that, or you should.

Good win that on 21:16 - Jan 13 with 2226 viewsbrogansnose

Good win that on 17:19 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Yes, 2 shots on target isn't really creating loads though is it?

Overall though as I said, we deserved the win and it's good to get the 3 points.

Just don't think we should be going overboard on what was ultimately not a great match from either team.

SB

I had a good pre match meet up with people, enjoyed the game and win, good atmosphere,a good after game drink and laugh. Met some new people.

I had a bloody good day.

Perhaps you just had to be there.
Good win that on 21:31 - Jan 13 with 2213 viewsjas0999

I thought both teams were poor. However, outstanding goal worthy of winning any game.
Login to get fewer ads

Good win that on 21:51 - Jan 13 with 2194 viewslongtimefan

Good win that on 20:17 - Jan 13 by christiand

As I said on another threa, I really don’t understand why people have such high expectation from a a bunch of footballers put together on a minisicule budget. I mean who in our team would actually attract a bid from any Premiership teams or even any above us in the Championship, with the exception of Bart, and even he doesn’t really seem to have clubs cueing up. We really do overachieve with the squad we have. It hurts we to say it but just look at the Norwich squad. Pritchard is going for 11M+, Maddison will probably fetch 10M in the summer if not before, and the other Murphy and Oliveria would probably go for not much less. Who in our team would fetch 1M bar Bart? We really don’t have any real quality and a change of manager without a change in investment policy is just as likely to make thing worse rather than better.
Good win that on 08:47 - Jan 14 with 2127 viewsJohnny_Boy

Good win that on 17:50 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

I don't think that's true at all, I don't post often on specifics of matches.

I have no idea why you have taken issue with the posts when I've cleared say i was happy we won 3 points and it was deserved.

I don't think we played well though and I thought Leeds were extremely poor. I think I am allowed to have that opinion. I've not said it's anyone's fault or criticised anybody in particular.

SB
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 17:52]

That strike though! Course, we were told he just wasn't good enough by the Mick brigade. That's all in the past now.
Good win that on 09:27 - Jan 14 with 2117 viewsSomethingBlue

Good win that on 08:47 - Jan 14 by Johnny_Boy

That strike though! Course, we were told he just wasn't good enough by the Mick brigade. That's all in the past now.

You are surely cleverer than this. Surely.

Good win that on 09:45 - Jan 14 with 2103 viewsHerbivore

Good win that on 21:11 - Jan 13 by SomethingBlue

I give up. Either that, or you should.

He really does need to give up. Before Xmas he was waxing lyrical about what a good side Reading are compared to us and how they would turn us over. I said they were sh!te, knock it about aimlessly and we'd turn them over. He's incapable of seeing any good in Town (possibly because he doesn't see any of Town anymore anyway) whilst going massively overboard about sides who are worse than us. I think this is what happens when you become an armchair fan and prioritise being 'right' over actually enjoying the football.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good win that on 09:56 - Jan 14 with 2089 viewsMullet

Good win that on 19:36 - Jan 13 by christiand

Why does everything have to be at the extreme on here?

No one has "gone overboard" or claimed this will bring fans back. We beat Leeds, dirty "Chumpyuns uv Yurrup" with a side completely patched up and saw a goal that might just bring a bit of joy.

All on the back of a terrible run, us signing a deal with that chuffing bingo lot, MM being made to bat away a deluge of ineptitude from ME and having our squad filleted and packed off with half the season to go and no shortage of uncertainty.

Yet we're back to "shots on target" now that last year's fashion of knuckleshuffling over possession when all that matters in football is the score. If you're a Town fan, I fail to see how you couldn't enjoy that 90mins it had everything that being a Town fan is with the right result for once.

If people made their decision on that 90 mins alone they should stay away, they'd be bloody lunatics.

Good win that on 09:59 - Jan 14 with 2088 viewschristiand

Good win that on 09:45 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

He really does need to give up. Before Xmas he was waxing lyrical about what a good side Reading are compared to us and how they would turn us over. I said they were sh!te, knock it about aimlessly and we'd turn them over. He's incapable of seeing any good in Town (possibly because he doesn't see any of Town anymore anyway) whilst going massively overboard about sides who are worse than us. I think this is what happens when you become an armchair fan and prioritise being 'right' over actually enjoying the football.

Because you go that makes your opinion better than everyone that doesn't attend?
Interesting. You really make some ridiculous posts Herbivore, this being another fine example! Unfortunately, I'm not as gullible as you and a few others, two or three sideways passes on the ground does not make a passing team. The fact we won terrific, but that wasn't a performance to wax lyrical about. That's more the concern, seems like many have been diluted with what to expect over the last few seasons and then go overboard on an 'average' performance. I'll give credit where it was due, if you bother to read people's posts properly. Perhaps was a little better than in the past if that constitutes a 'good display' then yes perhaps you're right I should give up!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 10:10]

Good win that on 10:12 - Jan 14 with 2074 viewsHerbivore

Good win that on 09:59 - Jan 14 by christiand

Because you go that makes your opinion better than everyone that doesn't attend?
Interesting. You really make some ridiculous posts Herbivore, this being another fine example! Unfortunately, I'm not as gullible as you and a few others, two or three sideways passes on the ground does not make a passing team. The fact we won terrific, but that wasn't a performance to wax lyrical about. That's more the concern, seems like many have been diluted with what to expect over the last few seasons and then go overboard on an 'average' performance. I'll give credit where it was due, if you bother to read people's posts properly. Perhaps was a little better than in the past if that constitutes a 'good display' then yes perhaps you're right I should give up!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 10:10]

So we agree then, you should give up. Although really you already have.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good win that on 10:14 - Jan 14 with 2070 viewschristiand

Good win that on 10:12 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

So we agree then, you should give up. Although really you already have.

Hilarious as always Herbivore. Keep pressing that downward arrow!!!

Good win that on 12:09 - Jan 14 with 2038 viewsMullet

Makes for good viewing

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024