Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available 20:21 - Jan 29 with 11200 viewsMaySixth

do we really need Iorfa?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 15:32 - Jan 30 with 4086 viewstextbackup

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 13:29 - Jan 30 by Herbivore

But surely you can see that both Emmanuel and Rowe will benefit from regular game time, which they wouldn't be getting here? Sears getting the odd 10 minutes is neither here nor there, but for Rowe who needs to get used to playing professional football it's not going to be the best way for him to develop. Same with Emmanuel. Much better for us for them to have a good loan spell and come back ready to push on as better players, neither of them is going to make a huge difference to us currently.

I can see that, but at a time when they are currently better than what we have surely you can see why I’d rather have the better players here?
Sears comes on and does nothing. Rowe could come on and grab us a winner/equaliser, get an assist. Imagine being an opposition manager knowing if we start our normal 4 that we’ll likely bring on sears, you’d be fcking laughing. But Rowe, unknown quantity.
But hey, I guess whatever MM does he’s spot on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 15:40 - Jan 30 with 4076 viewsHerbivore

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 15:32 - Jan 30 by textbackup

I can see that, but at a time when they are currently better than what we have surely you can see why I’d rather have the better players here?
Sears comes on and does nothing. Rowe could come on and grab us a winner/equaliser, get an assist. Imagine being an opposition manager knowing if we start our normal 4 that we’ll likely bring on sears, you’d be fcking laughing. But Rowe, unknown quantity.

It's not clear cut that they're better than what we have; Emmanuel looked very raw last season and Rowe hasn't been ripping it up in the U23s or training, so it's highly speculative to think he could be a game changer at this level. Plus they're never likely to really improve and develop to become genuine first team players if all they are getting is the odd cameo for us. Sometimes you need to take a longer term view and we're more likely to benefit from giving them a decent loan spell than keeping them here and barely playing them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 15:55 - Jan 30 with 4051 viewsSomethingBlue

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 15:32 - Jan 30 by textbackup

I know it suits your stance to be talking Rowe up like this but there is no grounding at all for anything you say — so let's keep it real.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 17:49 - Jan 30 with 4011 viewstextbackup

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 15:55 - Jan 30 by SomethingBlue

I know it suits your stance to be talking Rowe up like this but there is no grounding at all for anything you say — so let's keep it real.

To both of the above.

Answer me this. Would you (without your MM specs on here) rather see Rowe coming on in the 80th Min when 1-0 down at Carrow road, or Sears. Your honest answers here. A man we don’t know much about but looked decent in a couple of games last season, or sears who has been incredibly poor for two years. Remember there are a lot of people on here, think carefully.

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 18:55 - Jan 30 with 3989 viewsTrequartista

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 23:17 - Jan 29 by StNeotsBlue

It's odd, his best games have been as one of a central 3 he looks comfortable and defensively sound. When he plays at right back he doesn't, gets caught ball watching and a weak link.

It's not odd that his best games are in central defence, he's 6 foot 2. Tall players have to be pretty freakish to be natural full backs.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 21:31 - Jan 30 with 3962 viewsEly_Blue

And prey tell do you think players like Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Jesse Lingard to name but 3 would have been the players they currently are had they not gone out whilst young and not good enough to play week in and week out in their parent clubs so they dropped division to get confidence and game time. Harry Kane & Lingard wouldn’t be banging in goals for fun if they had been benchwarmers

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 22:09 - Jan 30 with 3953 viewsHerbivore

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 18:55 - Jan 30 by Trequartista

It's not odd that his best games are in central defence, he's 6 foot 2. Tall players have to be pretty freakish to be natural full backs.

What utter gibberish.

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 07:42 - Jan 31 with 3911 viewstextbackup

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 22:09 - Jan 30 by Herbivore

What utter gibberish.

I’m still waiting

Login to get fewer ads

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 07:45 - Jan 31 with 3909 viewstextbackup

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 21:31 - Jan 30 by Ely_Blue

And prey tell do you think players like Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Jesse Lingard to name but 3 would have been the players they currently are had they not gone out whilst young and not good enough to play week in and week out in their parent clubs so they dropped division to get confidence and game time. Harry Kane & Lingard wouldn’t be banging in goals for fun if they had been benchwarmers

Yeah you’re probably right, but look at what they had ahead of them at their parent clubs compared to what these lads have. Big difference

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 07:51 - Jan 31 with 3907 viewsEly_Blue

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 07:45 - Jan 31 by textbackup

Yeah you’re probably right, but look at what they had ahead of them at their parent clubs compared to what these lads have. Big difference

It’s all relevant to their comparative abilities though

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 08:21 - Jan 31 with 3901 viewsHerbivore

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 07:42 - Jan 31 by textbackup

I’m still waiting

What for? To cheer the fck up I hope.

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 09:39 - Jan 31 with 3888 viewsDairyblue88

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 22:09 - Jan 30 by Herbivore

What utter gibberish.

I can understand what I believe he means. The full back position is out wide, which is tighter and requires higher levels of maneuverability, change of direction and agility. A reason you don't see many effective fullbacks who are over 6 foot 2? would Webster be a good fullback?

Why for example Chambers looks better at cb? Mings at a higher level in the Premier League is converted to a cb? If you can give examples of full backs who a tall that play fullback effctively/naturally who are not freakish? then I can't see what is ''utter gibberish'' in regards to what Trequartista posted..
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 9:41]
Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 09:49 - Jan 31 with 3884 viewsHerbivore

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 09:39 - Jan 31 by Dairyblue88

I can understand what I believe he means. The full back position is out wide, which is tighter and requires higher levels of maneuverability, change of direction and agility. A reason you don't see many effective fullbacks who are over 6 foot 2? would Webster be a good fullback?

Why for example Chambers looks better at cb? Mings at a higher level in the Premier League is converted to a cb? If you can give examples of full backs who a tall that play fullback effctively/naturally who are not freakish? then I can't see what is ''utter gibberish'' in regards to what Trequartista posted..

Mings and Hreidarrson are two examples. Maicon was over 6 foot and was an excellent full back. Knudsen is 6'1" and is a very good full back. Does Spence himself, who is 27 and has played successfully as a right back for over 200 games in his career, not count as an example? It's true that generally full backs don't tend to be as tall as CBs but trying to suggest that someone who has played 200+ games at full back can't be a full back because of their height is plain silly.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 9:50]

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 10:14 - Jan 31 with 3872 viewstextbackup

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 08:21 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

What for? To cheer the fck up I hope.

See my question above

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 10:18 - Jan 31 with 3867 viewsHerbivore

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 10:14 - Jan 31 by textbackup

See my question above

The one about Sears or Rowe? Not sure either would make much of an impact if we're 1-0 down at Carrow Road. Sears hasn't offered much in ages, Rowe hasn't pushed on this season and hasn't been tearing it up in the U23s. Hopefully him having a run of games at Lincoln will help him to improve so that he can have an impact here.

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 10:34 - Jan 31 with 3859 viewsDairyblue88

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 09:49 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Mings and Hreidarrson are two examples. Maicon was over 6 foot and was an excellent full back. Knudsen is 6'1" and is a very good full back. Does Spence himself, who is 27 and has played successfully as a right back for over 200 games in his career, not count as an example? It's true that generally full backs don't tend to be as tall as CBs but trying to suggest that someone who has played 200+ games at full back can't be a full back because of their height is plain silly.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 9:50]

Mings is now a centre half, why? Hreidarrson for me looked great at centre half also (better there imo), what I gathered from earlier posts regarding Spence is that he can play and is a capable fullback but is a better centreback , which I agree. Some on here argue Knudsen is a better centre back too.

What ties all of those players you mentioned (and what enables them to play fullback despite being tall) is that they are superb athletes, which what was meant by the term ''freakish'' being used I gather.

Tall athletic defenders are able to play full back but will always be far superior centre halfs imo. (Jaap Stam, Thuram, Maldini, William Gallas etc etc)
Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 10:42 - Jan 31 with 3851 viewschicoazul

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 09:39 - Jan 31 by Dairyblue88

The GOAT was tall.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 10:43 - Jan 31 with 3850 viewsHerbivore

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 10:34 - Jan 31 by Dairyblue88

Mings is now a centre half, why? Hreidarrson for me looked great at centre half also (better there imo), what I gathered from earlier posts regarding Spence is that he can play and is a capable fullback but is a better centreback , which I agree. Some on here argue Knudsen is a better centre back too.

What ties all of those players you mentioned (and what enables them to play fullback despite being tall) is that they are superb athletes, which what was meant by the term ''freakish'' being used I gather.

Tall athletic defenders are able to play full back but will always be far superior centre halfs imo. (Jaap Stam, Thuram, Maldini, William Gallas etc etc)

Mings isn't playing now. He was an excellent full back, clearly Howe has seen something in him and wants to convert him to a centre back, that's his call. I completely disagree that Hreidarsson, Knudsen or Spence are/were better at centre back than at full back, I think perhaps your rigid views on the heights players should be in certain positions is colouring your view on this one.

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 11:00 - Jan 31 with 3836 viewsDairyblue88

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 10:42 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

The GOAT was tall.

and you really know your football he was magnificient at centre half...
Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 14:38 - Jan 31 with 3808 viewstextbackup

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 10:18 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

The one about Sears or Rowe? Not sure either would make much of an impact if we're 1-0 down at Carrow Road. Sears hasn't offered much in ages, Rowe hasn't pushed on this season and hasn't been tearing it up in the U23s. Hopefully him having a run of games at Lincoln will help him to improve so that he can have an impact here.

After the polititions answer, I’m still waiting, Sears or Rowe

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 14:42 - Jan 31 with 3806 viewsHerbivore

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 14:38 - Jan 31 by textbackup

After the polititions answer, I’m still waiting, Sears or Rowe

Carayol.

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 15:00 - Jan 31 with 3798 viewstextbackup

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 14:42 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Carayol.

Sears or Rowe, nearly 24hours for an answer here

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 15:05 - Jan 31 with 3789 viewsHerbivore

Now we have Spence, Chambers, Webster, Cameron-Vickers available on 15:00 - Jan 31 by textbackup

Sears or Rowe, nearly 24hours for an answer here

Well the real answer is neither, but I'll flip a coin and go with.......Sears.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024