Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window departure recap 08:01 - Jan 31 with 5370 viewsBluefish

Lots of posts at the start of the window criticising the club for selling players. Bart, McGoldrick definitely leaving and Evans was judged accordingly. Now we are on the last day and the only players that have left are our 4 or 5th choice centre half, a striker that was 4th choice at best having been mocked whenever he played for us and a 10th choice midfielder.

We have signed some young lads with potential, a prem loanee and championship experience and an experience central midfielder from the championship.

Without necessarily much to shout about it has been a successful window for Mick and his low budget.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Transfer window departure recap on 08:05 - Jan 31 with 3949 viewsBenters2

Its not over yet.

You cant say iits been successful until the end of the season and see where we finish.
Transfer window departure recap on 08:06 - Jan 31 with 3941 viewschicoazul

Dont you go bringing facts into the argument here Fishers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Transfer window departure recap on 08:08 - Jan 31 with 3935 viewsBluefish

Transfer window departure recap on 08:06 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

Dont you go bringing facts into the argument here Fishers.

Apologies. To be fair I will get dogs abuse on here for doing so and I am definitely not going to attempt this level of fact on Twitter.

Transfer window departure recap on 08:12 - Jan 31 with 3920 viewsCambonbleu

Transfer window departure recap on 08:08 - Jan 31 by Bluefish

Apologies. To be fair I will get dogs abuse on here for doing so and I am definitely not going to attempt this level of fact on Twitter.

Agree - it's actually illegal on Twitter to have a different opinion to somebody else. It's not like the real world where people are allowed to have differing opinions, on there you're either 100% right or every swear word under the sun

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

Transfer window departure recap on 08:13 - Jan 31 with 3912 viewsHerbivore

Smith wasn't fourth or fifth choice. The flouncing is over the top without you needing to make stuff up to try to make it look even more silly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Transfer window departure recap on 08:14 - Jan 31 with 3907 viewsBluefish

Transfer window departure recap on 08:12 - Jan 31 by Cambonbleu

Agree - it's actually illegal on Twitter to have a different opinion to somebody else. It's not like the real world where people are allowed to have differing opinions, on there you're either 100% right or every swear word under the sun

You can talk as much utter b*llocks as you like so long as you post lots of pointless stats every day. Sadly this attracts the green crayon brigade that dont go to games and eveything becomes fact.

Transfer window departure recap on 08:15 - Jan 31 with 3904 viewsBluefish

Transfer window departure recap on 08:13 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Smith wasn't fourth or fifth choice. The flouncing is over the top without you needing to make stuff up to try to make it look even more silly.

Please do explain what choice Smith was then.

Transfer window departure recap on 08:15 - Jan 31 with 3898 viewsReuser_is_God

Also haven't most people said getting a fee for McGoldrick now would be decent business considering he's almost certain to leave in the summer on a free?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:16 - Jan 31 with 3892 viewschicoazul

You're not talking to me so apologies but I am pretty sure Smith was behind Knudsen as first change at CB when he left making him 4th choice. He may also have been behind Spence as second change.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 8:17]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:16 - Jan 31 with 3890 viewschicoazul

Transfer window departure recap on 08:17 - Jan 31 with 3891 viewsReuser_is_God

Transfer window departure recap on 08:14 - Jan 31 by Bluefish

You can talk as much utter b*llocks as you like so long as you post lots of pointless stats every day. Sadly this attracts the green crayon brigade that dont go to games and eveything becomes fact.

I thought you'd have got on with Renegade Statman...

Evans out

Transfer window departure recap on 08:17 - Jan 31 with 3889 viewsHerbivore

Transfer window departure recap on 08:15 - Jan 31 by Bluefish

Please do explain what choice Smith was then.

He was very obviously back up for Chambers and Webster, so assuming they're our first two choices he was third choice. We signed Carter-Vickers on loan to enable him to move on. I'd be interested to know who you think was ahead of him given that at the time we agreed his transfer we only had three senior CBs at the club.

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:19 - Jan 31 with 3878 viewsHerbivore

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:16 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

You're not talking to me so apologies but I am pretty sure Smith was behind Knudsen as first change at CB when he left making him 4th choice. He may also have been behind Spence as second change.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 8:17]

He really wasn't. Whenever he was fit he started at CB ahead of those two.

Transfer window departure recap on 08:23 - Jan 31 with 3865 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its the sad reality of where we are, where football is in general and where many similar clubs are.

In reality, we dont have a great deal to look forward to as fans.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Transfer window departure recap on 08:30 - Jan 31 with 3829 viewsartsbossbeard

Transfer window departure recap on 08:23 - Jan 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its the sad reality of where we are, where football is in general and where many similar clubs are.

In reality, we dont have a great deal to look forward to as fans.

We've got a super keeper who has committed himself to the club this month.

You seemed fairly certain he would go to Palace.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:33 - Jan 31 with 3813 viewsBluefish

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:19 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

He really wasn't. Whenever he was fit he started at CB ahead of those two.

He had definitely dropped below at least Knudsen. He never been consistent 1st choice

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:35 - Jan 31 with 3811 viewsReuser_is_God

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:33 - Jan 31 by Bluefish

He had definitely dropped below at least Knudsen. He never been consistent 1st choice

Apart from the 3 seasons he played pretty much every game?

Evans out

Transfer window departure recap on 08:38 - Jan 31 with 3793 viewsitfcjoe

How was Tommy Smith our '4th or 5th choice centre half'? He was quite clearly our 3rd choice centre half.

It's been a predictably dull window for ITFC, bearing in mind at one point in January we were 4 points of the play offs with 7 central midfielders out, a number for the season we have signed 1 player to cover injuries and we've replaced a 3rd choice centre back with a 3rd choice centre back.

Both the additions are off good enough quality, but I think they show that there is/was no ambition to push for the play offs this season.

And another window where we make a profit, good for Evans but not the supporters

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Transfer window departure recap on 08:39 - Jan 31 with 3785 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Transfer window departure recap on 08:30 - Jan 31 by artsbossbeard

We've got a super keeper who has committed himself to the club this month.

You seemed fairly certain he would go to Palace.

Dont get me wrong, I am pleased Palace didnt come in for him. But thats not the most exciting football event on the planet.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:45 - Jan 31 with 3758 viewsHerbivore

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:33 - Jan 31 by Bluefish

No, he hadn't. You have literally no evidence for that. Every time Smith has been fit he has played if one of the first choice CBs (Berra, Chambo and Webster over the past two years) have been unavailable. Against Fulham we played a not match fit Smith at CB with Knudsen at left back with Kenlock on the bench. There is no clearer evidence than that about where Smith was in the pecking order, very clearly he was our third choice (first back up) CB. You make yourself look as stupid as the rabid negative fans when you resort to this kind of nonsense.

Transfer window departure recap on 08:48 - Jan 31 with 3745 viewsHerbivore

Transfer window departure recap on 08:38 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

How was Tommy Smith our '4th or 5th choice centre half'? He was quite clearly our 3rd choice centre half.

It's been a predictably dull window for ITFC, bearing in mind at one point in January we were 4 points of the play offs with 7 central midfielders out, a number for the season we have signed 1 player to cover injuries and we've replaced a 3rd choice centre back with a 3rd choice centre back.

Both the additions are off good enough quality, but I think they show that there is/was no ambition to push for the play offs this season.

And another window where we make a profit, good for Evans but not the supporters

I agree it's been dull but we've also signed Drinan, the Neymar lookalike is joining, and Kai Brown is coming in. None are going to tear up the first team immediately but they fit with the five point plan of brining in youngsters with the potential to improve and be good for us or have a decent resale value. I'd have liked to see us bringing in an attacking wide player (probably a loan from the Prem) as I think that's the one area where we could strengthen and really push on, but as you say it looks like really pushing on isn't the ambition for this season. It does feel like even Evans just wants to get this season out of the way.

Transfer window departure recap on 08:52 - Jan 31 with 3737 viewsReuser_is_God

Transfer window departure recap on 08:48 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

I agree it's been dull but we've also signed Drinan, the Neymar lookalike is joining, and Kai Brown is coming in. None are going to tear up the first team immediately but they fit with the five point plan of brining in youngsters with the potential to improve and be good for us or have a decent resale value. I'd have liked to see us bringing in an attacking wide player (probably a loan from the Prem) as I think that's the one area where we could strengthen and really push on, but as you say it looks like really pushing on isn't the ambition for this season. It does feel like even Evans just wants to get this season out of the way.

We need to get an attacking wide player in that we actually own as we have to rely on a loanee there each season.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 8:57]

Evans out

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:59 - Jan 31 with 3695 viewschicoazul

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:45 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

No, he hadn't. You have literally no evidence for that. Every time Smith has been fit he has played if one of the first choice CBs (Berra, Chambo and Webster over the past two years) have been unavailable. Against Fulham we played a not match fit Smith at CB with Knudsen at left back with Kenlock on the bench. There is no clearer evidence than that about where Smith was in the pecking order, very clearly he was our third choice (first back up) CB. You make yourself look as stupid as the rabid negative fans when you resort to this kind of nonsense.

Smith was fit for the Leeds and Sheff Utd games and Knudsen played ahead of him. I stand to be corrected if he wasnt fit. I didnt go to the Fulham game but consensus was he didnt have the best game so maybe that coincided with the interest from Colorado and Mick decided he would play Knudsen ahead of him.

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 09:02 - Jan 31 with 3677 viewsBluefish

Transfer window departure recap (n/t) on 08:45 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Jonas is ahead of him at cb with kenlock covering

Transfer window departure recap on 09:03 - Jan 31 with 3673 viewshomer_123

Transfer window departure recap on 08:52 - Jan 31 by Reuser_is_God

We need to get an attacking wide player in that we actually own as we have to rely on a loanee there each season.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 8:57]

He's gone out on loan.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024