Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 08:55 - Jan 31 with 6184 viewspete81

Can we put together a starting 11 from all those favourite rumours we love to laugh about on transfer deadline day??
I'll start with the obvious:

Gk: Hislop

Cm: kaschlol (sp)

Cf: Batistuta
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 12:01 - Jan 31 with 1054 viewspete81

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 11:13 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Charisteas I think, I believe he scored the winner in Euro 2004 final but might be wrong on that one.

Yes sounds about right to me....

Strikers seem to be the players most rumoured looking back over the previous posts....
Think making a balanced starting x1 will prove tricky...
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 12:04 - Jan 31 with 1055 viewsPhilTWTD

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:20 - Jan 31 by blueysbackside

It was during his talks at Portman Road that his dad, who was with him, took a mobile call from Howe. The rest is history. Fact.

Doesn't surprise me at all, very much in line with how Paul Jewell talked about it; deal seemed to be on but he thought it might have slipped away when he left to go and speak to Burnley.
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 12:11 - Jan 31 with 1031 viewsPhilTWTD

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 11:13 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Charisteas I think, I believe he scored the winner in Euro 2004 final but might be wrong on that one.

No, that's right. However, he made it clear pretty quickly he wasn't interested. They were actually more interested in FC Köln's Slovenian international striker Milivoje Novakovic but his club weren't willing to sell having just got promoted.
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 12:13 - Jan 31 with 1029 viewsSteve_M

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 12:11 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

No, that's right. However, he made it clear pretty quickly he wasn't interested. They were actually more interested in FC Köln's Slovenian international striker Milivoje Novakovic but his club weren't willing to sell having just got promoted.

Shola Ameobi.

He failed the medical didn't he?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 12:14 - Jan 31 with 1027 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:34 - Jan 31 by pete81

Or rumours that went on for years and eventually happened with vareing degrees of success...

St ledger

Heley

Chopra
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 9:35]

Chris wood can be added to that list

So many on here spent pretty much every transfer window calling for him on loan. When he signed, he was unfit and played poorly.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 12:14 - Jan 31 with 1027 viewsPhilTWTD

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 12:13 - Jan 31 by Steve_M

Shola Ameobi.

He failed the medical didn't he?

He did. I believe they were told due to a long-standing knee (?) problem he'd only play around 25 games in a season and ME felt it was too much of a risk signing him.
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 12:30 - Jan 31 with 1007 viewsconnorscontract

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:20 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

He was at Haarlem. A Town scout was sent to watch someone else, a goalkeeper I think, but Gullit caught the eye. As per other posts, at the time we already had three overseas players - Muhren, Thijssen and D'Avray, who was yet to get a British passport - so it wasn't taken any further.

So we missed out on Ruud Gullit because of Mich D'Avray?

That

is

heart-breaking...
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 12:31]
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 13:49 - Jan 31 with 967 viewshochiblue

When SBR first arrived and tried to spend his £100k:

Alan Birchenall
Jon Sammels
Will Maddren (ex M'bro, we had to make do with some young lad from the Youths called Beattie instead)
Pat Jennings
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024