Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK meat scandal? 10:30 - Feb 24 with 17282 viewsunbelievablue

Maybe Callis was right all along.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/23/fear-of-uk-meat-scandal-as-data-sh

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

UK meat scandal? on 23:50 - Feb 25 with 3654 viewsRoyKeanesDog

UK meat scandal? on 23:49 - Feb 25 by monytowbray

I thought I had. Didn’t hit send LOL. On it now.

I'm still waiting for mine.

Poll: Best Football Song

UK meat scandal? on 23:51 - Feb 25 with 3648 viewsJ2BLUE

UK meat scandal? on 23:49 - Feb 25 by monytowbray

I thought I had. Didn’t hit send LOL. On it now.

Cheers

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

UK meat scandal? on 23:52 - Feb 25 with 3647 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 23:50 - Feb 25 by RoyKeanesDog

I'm still waiting for mine.

Ruddy ‘ell lad, give me five mins! I just sent it over.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

UK meat scandal? on 23:57 - Feb 25 with 3631 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 22:51 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

lol yall weird

Nowt weird about it. As I said, if you can fund it by eating said products, you should be able to watch it.

Sending it in PM though reminded me why said footage has stuck with me, it’s utterly disgusting and it’s part of every day life in egg farming. F*ck buying eggs in shops.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 00:00 - Feb 26 with 3620 viewsRyorry

UK meat scandal? on 23:57 - Feb 25 by monytowbray

Nowt weird about it. As I said, if you can fund it by eating said products, you should be able to watch it.

Sending it in PM though reminded me why said footage has stuck with me, it’s utterly disgusting and it’s part of every day life in egg farming. F*ck buying eggs in shops.

I just bought eggs from butcher's shop where all their animals (beef, sheep & chickens) come from their own farm, and spend literally their entire lives roaming the fields freely.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

UK meat scandal? on 00:07 - Feb 26 with 3609 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 00:00 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

I just bought eggs from butcher's shop where all their animals (beef, sheep & chickens) come from their own farm, and spend literally their entire lives roaming the fields freely.

You know what I meant.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 00:09 - Feb 26 with 3608 viewsRoyKeanesDog

UK meat scandal? on 23:52 - Feb 25 by monytowbray

Ruddy ‘ell lad, give me five mins! I just sent it over.

Not great viewing, but I'll still eat eggs.

UK meat scandal? on 00:16 - Feb 26 with 3606 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 00:09 - Feb 26 by RoyKeanesDog

Not great viewing, but I'll still eat eggs.

Fair enough. But surely you have to watch that understand why I can’t respect that choice and believe it’s not a case of “live and let live”? It goes beyond being a diet for me.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

UK meat scandal? on 08:17 - Feb 26 with 3564 viewsMattinLondon

UK meat scandal? on 00:16 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

Fair enough. But surely you have to watch that understand why I can’t respect that choice and believe it’s not a case of “live and let live”? It goes beyond being a diet for me.

Just out of interest Callis, is it just vegan food you’re passionate about? (Not sure if passionate is the right word or not, apologies if not). But are you careful not to buy Nestle products or things with palm olive listed as part of the ingredients?
UK meat scandal? on 08:38 - Feb 26 with 3554 viewsflimflam

UK meat scandal? on 10:34 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I think it was Paul McCartney who said if slaughterhouses had glass walls less people would feel comfortable eating animals.

A lot of this “organic free range” thing is a marketing ploy, and in fairness a good one as it has worked for years. Not saying it all is, but all these animals wind up on the same killing machine.

I saw a video last week of male chicks being conveyored into a blender. That’s what you support when you buy eggs in the shop regardless of where they came from.

I worked in a slaughterhouse for 5 years in my early 20s and thought nothing of sticking a 1000 piggies a day. Didn't put me off meat but not sure I could that job again.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

UK meat scandal? on 08:40 - Feb 26 with 3551 viewsBackToRussia

UK meat scandal? on 23:57 - Feb 25 by monytowbray

Unless you breed your own chickens from eggs then there's not really a way to avoid the cruelty of the industry, as boy hatchlings are killed in the egg industry of course.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

UK meat scandal? on 10:23 - Feb 26 with 3524 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 08:17 - Feb 26 by MattinLondon

Just out of interest Callis, is it just vegan food you’re passionate about? (Not sure if passionate is the right word or not, apologies if not). But are you careful not to buy Nestle products or things with palm olive listed as part of the ingredients?

100%. I avoid Nestle and try and ensure I'm buying palm oil free stuff too.

PO is a big thing in vegan circles at the moment. As I think Eireblue said here once - Veganism is a path and a way of making a difference, not a final solution.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 12:17 - Feb 26 with 3496 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Of course, but thankfully I don't care what you think.

UK meat scandal? on 12:40 - Feb 26 with 3476 viewsJ2BLUE

Like RKD, i'm not asking you to respect my choice.

Several comments on that video:

1) Clearly not nice to see but it was undeniably quick. Doesn't make it right but there would be lots of of worse ways to go.

2) According to the 'British Egg Information Service' that practice is no longer used in the UK. All male chicks are gassed, a method approved by the humane slaughter association. Especially interested in your repsonse to this one. Either you didn't know, you knew and didn't tell us or you don't think it's true.

3) Male chicks are used in feed for other animals so it isn't like they are killed and thrown in a skip.

4) It won't put me off eating eggs. I'll continue to buy organic, Clarence Court or Waitrose eggs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

UK meat scandal? on 13:39 - Feb 26 with 3449 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 12:17 - Feb 26 by RoyKeanesDog

Of course, but thankfully I don't care what you think.

Ahhh, so you're being argumentative for the sake of it. Cool.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 13:45 - Feb 26 with 3439 viewsSpruceMoose

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

UK meat scandal? on 13:53 - Feb 26 with 3424 viewsDyland

UK meat scandal? on 12:40 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

1) Clearly not nice to see but it was undeniably quick. Doesn't make it right but there would be lots of of worse ways to go.

2) According to the 'British Egg Information Service' that practice is no longer used in the UK. All male chicks are gassed, a method approved by the humane slaughter association. Especially interested in your repsonse to this one. Either you didn't know, you knew and didn't tell us or you don't think it's true.

3) Male chicks are used in feed for other animals so it isn't like they are killed and thrown in a skip.

4) It won't put me off eating eggs. I'll continue to buy organic, Clarence Court or Waitrose eggs.

5) You'll continue making fried eggs that would look more comfortable in a horror film than on a plate.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

UK meat scandal? on 13:54 - Feb 26 with 3416 viewsSpruceMoose

UK meat scandal? on 13:53 - Feb 26 by Dyland

5) You'll continue making fried eggs that would look more comfortable in a horror film than on a plate.

Every time J2 cooks an egg, a chicken loses it's wings.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

UK meat scandal? on 13:55 - Feb 26 with 3410 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 12:40 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

1) Personally I think "thrown into a blender" would be low on my list of ways to go. But each to their own.

2) Is it no longer used in the UK? The "Humane Slaughter" (I mean, come on, is there a bigger oxymoron apart from McCarthy flowing Football) Association still has documentation on their site.

https://www.hsa.org.uk/chicks-less-than-72-hours-old-and-embryonated-eggs/chicks

I've never seen anything to my knowledge to suggest this has changed, so I'd imagine either something changed in the law that I've never seen publicised (likely if true), the egg industry is developing compassion (highly unlikely) or the BEIS is lying (likely if untrue).

3) This doesn't do a lot to make me feel better about it TBH. The waste of life for the sake of an animal byproduct we like to eat is what upsets me.

4) Fair enough, but honestly, unless you can 100% vouch for where your eggs came from you may be supporting this. Find someone locally where you can see the hens and by directly if possible.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 14:02]

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 14:02 - Feb 26 with 3388 viewsSpruceMoose

UK meat scandal? on 13:55 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

1) Personally I think "thrown into a blender" would be low on my list of ways to go. But each to their own.

2) Is it no longer used in the UK? The "Humane Slaughter" (I mean, come on, is there a bigger oxymoron apart from McCarthy flowing Football) Association still has documentation on their site.

https://www.hsa.org.uk/chicks-less-than-72-hours-old-and-embryonated-eggs/chicks

I've never seen anything to my knowledge to suggest this has changed, so I'd imagine either something changed in the law that I've never seen publicised (likely if true), the egg industry is developing compassion (highly unlikely) or the BEIS is lying (likely if untrue).

3) This doesn't do a lot to make me feel better about it TBH. The waste of life for the sake of an animal byproduct we like to eat is what upsets me.

4) Fair enough, but honestly, unless you can 100% vouch for where your eggs came from you may be supporting this. Find someone locally where you can see the hens and by directly if possible.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 14:02]

...rest of your post?

*your edit rendered this post defunct.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 14:03]

UK meat scandal? on 14:04 - Feb 26 with 3381 viewsmonytowbray

UK meat scandal? on 14:02 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

...rest of your post?

*your edit rendered this post defunct.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 14:03]

It was a part I thought I'd deleted and reworded. Just edited.

Still, I'm leaning towards the 3rd scenario on this one.

TWTD never forgets…

UK meat scandal? on 16:48 - Feb 26 with 3311 viewsRyorry

UK meat scandal? on 00:07 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

You know what I meant.

I was corrcting your generalisation.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

on 17:08 - Feb 26 with 3290 views_

UK meat scandal? on 10:34 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I think it was Paul McCartney who said if slaughterhouses had glass walls less people would feel comfortable eating animals.

A lot of this “organic free range” thing is a marketing ploy, and in fairness a good one as it has worked for years. Not saying it all is, but all these animals wind up on the same killing machine.

I saw a video last week of male chicks being conveyored into a blender. That’s what you support when you buy eggs in the shop regardless of where they came from.

on 17:14 - Feb 26 with 3286 views_

Have a down vote for talking sh1t on 15:52 - Feb 25 by J2BLUE

I'll watch it. PM me the link.

I recently ordered 5KG of chicken from Musclefood after getting some assurances about the quality. As I was sorting it into portions I wondered why I bothered when I could just buy Quorn and enjoy it more anyway.

UK meat scandal? on 17:29 - Feb 26 with 3278 viewsRoyKeanesDog

UK meat scandal? on 13:39 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

Ahhh, so you're being argumentative for the sake of it. Cool.

No, that's you again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024