Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quitting job for more money 15:09 - Mar 23 with 9627 viewsjersey_blue

Would you quit your current job for the same position at another firm if they gave you a significant pay rise?

I have this option but the firm who have offered me the job is much smaller and in my opinion not as good.

I am not completely happy where I am and the money would mean I could save a shed load more cash.
Quitting job for more money on 17:54 - Mar 23 with 3327 viewsBackToRussia

Quitting job for more money on 17:51 - Mar 23 by Sarge

In what universe? They're gash.

wait a second

is taste subjective???

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Quitting job for more money on 18:12 - Mar 23 with 3318 viewsSarge

Quitting job for more money on 17:54 - Mar 23 by BackToRussia

wait a second

is taste subjective???

In life there are few definites. The sun will always rise, the sea will always be wet, and McDonald's fries will always be better than Burger King, even at their soggiest.
Quitting job for more money on 18:25 - Mar 23 with 3300 viewsSpruceMoose

Quitting job for more money on 17:51 - Mar 23 by Sarge

In what universe? They're gash.

In the universe inhabited by the classy folk, like myself and Dubtractor.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Quitting job for more money on 18:26 - Mar 23 with 3296 viewsSpruceMoose

Quitting job for more money on 18:12 - Mar 23 by Sarge

In life there are few definites. The sun will always rise, the sea will always be wet, and McDonald's fries will always be better than Burger King, even at their soggiest.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. None of those things are definite.

Ultimately, only your death, and the superiority of BK fries are definites.

To suggest otherwise is bordering on banhammer territory.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Quitting job for more money on 18:29 - Mar 23 with 3290 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quitting job for more money on 16:46 - Mar 23 by artsbossbeard

I remember going to an interview around 15yrs ago when I bumped into an old work mate in reception.

He came over, shook my hand and whispered in my ear "don't fecking bother, mate. The boss is an ar5e and we're all out of here as soon as we can get something else sorted".

Of course, I nailed the interview.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 16:47]

Shame. It would have been interesting to work on TWTD.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Quitting job for more money on 18:30 - Mar 23 with 3287 viewsBackToRussia

Quitting job for more money on 18:12 - Mar 23 by Sarge

I have upvoted you for your style but I happen to believe the King does a much better fry. The McDonald's fry is a weak specimen. Having said that, most Burger King employees are criminally stupid and unable to serve food hot.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Quitting job for more money on 18:33 - Mar 23 with 3286 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quitting job for more money on 16:43 - Mar 23 by jersey_blue

Update - I've spoken to a few people in the industry and all been given really poor reviews of the business.

Poor working culture, long working hours and understaffed. Also the business and client base is very fragile with Brexit and the lack of global reach. The money is like 30% more than my place though and I've just had a good raise.

The money is way out of line with industry averages and this has also made me a bit dubious. Although wouldn't stop me considering it.

A few alarm bells ringing there. I suppose it comes down to whether you're strongly money motivated and could put up with worse culture/environment for more money. Also, if you're not happy now why is that? Is it the job, in which case this doesn't sound like it would help (unless £££means everything). If your current place of work is the problem a change may be a good thing though.

Good luck with the decision!

Quitting job for more money on 18:54 - Mar 23 with 3272 viewsdickie

Quitting job for more money on 18:30 - Mar 23 by BackToRussia

I have upvoted you for your style but I happen to believe the King does a much better fry. The McDonald's fry is a weak specimen. Having said that, most Burger King employees are criminally stupid and unable to serve food hot.

You're both wrong, they're both disgusting
Login to get fewer ads

Quitting job for more money on 19:27 - Mar 23 with 3263 viewsBackToRussia

Quitting job for more money on 18:54 - Mar 23 by dickie

You're both wrong, they're both disgusting

Well obviously. You're not one of those people who has self-control enough to avoid fast food are you?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Quitting job for more money on 19:45 - Mar 23 with 3255 viewsSarge

Quitting job for more money on 18:25 - Mar 23 by SpruceMoose

In the universe inhabited by the classy folk, like myself and Dubtractor.

You're a moose. If I require an expert opinion on the Pacific silver fir I'll come to you. But not fries.
Quitting job for more money on 19:46 - Mar 23 with 3254 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quitting job for more money on 19:27 - Mar 23 by BackToRussia

Well obviously. You're not one of those people who has self-control enough to avoid fast food are you?

Otherwise known as a sober person

Quitting job for more money on 19:47 - Mar 23 with 3254 viewsSarge

Quitting job for more money on 18:30 - Mar 23 by BackToRussia

I find the king too chunky and too dry. It's disappointing really because his burgers are far superior.
Quitting job for more money on 19:57 - Mar 23 with 3236 viewsBackToRussia

Quitting job for more money on 19:47 - Mar 23 by Sarge

I find the king too chunky and too dry. It's disappointing really because his burgers are far superior.

But we are English and were brought up on chips, which are chunky. As to your dry aspersion I shall have to turn the other cheek.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Quitting job for more money on 19:57 - Mar 23 with 3235 viewsBackToRussia

Quitting job for more money on 19:46 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

Otherwise known as a sober person

Otherwise known as a laaaaame

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Quitting job for more money on 20:02 - Mar 23 with 3228 viewsSarge

Quitting job for more money on 19:57 - Mar 23 by BackToRussia

But we are English and were brought up on chips, which are chunky. As to your dry aspersion I shall have to turn the other cheek.

It being a mere month until St George's day I don't wish to upset our more Anglophilic members but I very much do not like chips. J'adore les pommes frites. C'est la vie!

The black eyes peas would be proud of you.
Quitting job for more money on 22:22 - Mar 23 with 3187 viewsdickie

Quitting job for more money on 19:27 - Mar 23 by BackToRussia

Afraid so, being a herbivore helps admittedly but I've never been partial to a "French fry". Give me a chip shop chip any day
Quitting job for more money on 22:42 - Mar 23 with 3178 viewsGodzilla

How big is your shed. Money will not make you happy.

Quitting job for more money on 23:27 - Mar 23 with 3160 viewsslump

Do what you enjoy. You're at work a long time and doing something that you don't like will make you miserable and more than likely a bore to all that you complain to.

That said, if chasing the pound is your bag and you are happy with that as a driver then just go for it.

No judging here, we're all different....

...... fortunately

UTT

Quitting job for more money on 00:23 - Mar 24 with 3145 viewsFreddies_Ears

I often faced this question, back in my working days. So often, colleagues took the extra dollars and moved to the less-well-regarded firm. Short-term it worked, they made more money, but it slowed or stopped their career development.

Moving from a high-reputation firm to a lower-repuation firm will impact a future employer's view of your CV. Rightly or not, it will suggest that you didn't make it at the first place, or you were a bit greedy or impatient.

Obviously I don't know your industry or personal circumstances. PM me if you want specific advice....
Quitting job for more money on 09:00 - Mar 24 with 3099 viewschristiand

The increased salary will naturally be enticing, but it's not 'all' about the money. It really comes down to what you feel is important. Once you strip that down to the bare bones, I think you'll know what you need to do Jersey Blue.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 9:01]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Quitting job for more money on 23:12 - Mar 24 with 3052 viewsRob88

You need to reflect on your career anchors.

Different strokes for different folks innit
Quitting job for more money on 00:04 - Mar 25 with 3033 viewsstickymockwell

Quitting job for more money on 17:54 - Mar 23 by BackToRussia

wait a second

is taste subjective???

Depends on whether it's chips or gash. You can get around bad chips by smothering them in vinegar. The same can't be said for gash

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Quitting job for more money on 00:08 - Mar 25 with 3031 viewsRob88

Quitting job for more money on 00:04 - Mar 25 by stickymockwell

Depends on whether it's chips or gash. You can get around bad chips by smothering them in vinegar. The same can't be said for gash

Smother your mouth in toothpaste and work it into a minty lather.

You can thank me later
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024