Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect 14:43 - Mar 29 with 4620 viewshype313

Asked if he has got the respect he deserves?

"You will have to ask the numbskulls who have been giving me the abuse. Because that's what they are."

Unnecessary for me, concentrate on the fans (who he says are in the majority, as opposed to the minority) We have all left jobs, and probably wanted to say a few things but professionalism takes over, he's just going to snipe for the rest of the season.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Respect on 15:18 - Mar 29 with 893 viewsfactual_blue

Respect on 15:09 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Frankly, if football fans are getting their knickers in a twist over some naughty words let out one the spur of the moment at a moment of great excitement then the football fans should consider finding themselves a less upsetting hobby.

This perhaps?

http://www.suffolkbells.org.uk/index.php

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Respect on 15:18 - Mar 29 with 894 viewsDanTheMan

Respect on 15:16 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

The point isn't 'who it was aimed at', it's the fact he did it. It's a bit rich to start talking about respect when you've turned around to your own fans and shouted 'fk off' in their direction.

Suggesting your team selection will be influenced by a minority of idiots is another example.

How are either of those a show of respect to anyone. Mick's downfall isn't the lack of respect from the small minority of clowns that would've given him unfair dogs abuse regardless. It's the respect he's lost from the sizable majority that have taken exception to his reactions to the aforementioned.

"It's a bit rich to start talking about respect when you've turned around to your own fans and shouted 'fk off' in their direction."

And it's a bit rich to start clutching pearls whilst during the local derby you're giving your own team abuse. Come on, this ain't rocket science.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Respect on 15:21 - Mar 29 with 883 viewsBlueBadger

Respect on 15:18 - Mar 29 by factual_blue

This perhaps?

http://www.suffolkbells.org.uk/index.php

Is that a suggested hobby or a descriptive term?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Respect on 15:23 - Mar 29 with 878 viewsLankHenners

To be fair he made several references to the ‘generally good support’ that he’s had in his time here but I suppose it wouldn’t be a Mick presser without people picking up on one line, making it fit a different context to the one it was intended and complaining about it.

Good on him for saying it anyway, there have been a bunch of numbskulls who haven’t done the basics of being a supporter who don’t deserve to be put in the same group of good support that Mick mentioned several times (and they started it in any case).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I will say it for the 100th time... on 15:29 - Mar 29 with 863 viewsunstableblue

.. the quality of the basic passing and movement in the team for 2 seasons has been really sub-standard. We have had 4 or 5 good performance from which to benchmark our passing and movement quality, and it is his job to deliver this aspect of the team. A longer ball approach which caused teams problems would have been accepted, but our lack of basic football capabilities was combined with a very defensive and unadventurous approach.

Mick for me has had a very easy ride from the fans given what they have experienced and paid to witness, and he has been given a lot of good will based on his ability to keep us up, and provide a good season. To call 70% of the fan base numbskulls perhaps sums up his stubbornness, and he should have tried to change the style with more commitment.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Respect on 15:30 - Mar 29 with 848 viewsclive_baker

Respect on 15:18 - Mar 29 by DanTheMan

"It's a bit rich to start talking about respect when you've turned around to your own fans and shouted 'fk off' in their direction."

And it's a bit rich to start clutching pearls whilst during the local derby you're giving your own team abuse. Come on, this ain't rocket science.

So you don't think it's disrespectful to the 90% of Town fans, of which I was one, in that away end who had been nothing but supportive throughout that match?

If you don't that's fine, difference of opinion.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Respect on 15:31 - Mar 29 with 843 viewsartsbossbeard

Respect on 15:30 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

So you don't think it's disrespectful to the 90% of Town fans, of which I was one, in that away end who had been nothing but supportive throughout that match?

If you don't that's fine, difference of opinion.

I was one also, I didn't feel personally attacked then or now either.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Respect on 15:33 - Mar 29 with 831 viewsfactual_blue

Respect on 15:21 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Is that a suggested hobby or a descriptive term?

Oh yes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024