Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
my heads spinning reading this forum 08:40 - Apr 22 with 11291 viewstextbackup

On one hand we have fans saying how proud they are of the support yesterday, a positive atmosphere back at portman road, that's all we want isn't it, a united fanbase, surely?

but no, typical TWTD fashion we have in reply the happiness and joy fans having a go back saying "why didn't you do this earlier in the season".... I mean if you need to ask the question you probably wont ever understand.

however it would suggest to me that those asking the above question were in-fact singing their hearts out with no back up earlier in the season? which cant possibly be true, because I, and 12000 others certainly didn't hear it.

PJH and the likes of him, tell me, did you sing along yesterday, or were you more angry that there was no booing to complain about, so you looked for the next best thing, complaining about supporting when that's what you've previously moaned that fans haven't done this season.... see why I'm so confused

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:26 - Apr 22 with 2527 viewsJohnny_Boy

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:16 - Apr 22 by PJH

I do join in the clapping sometimes when it spreads around the ground but singing?

I prefer to analyse what is going on on the pitch and in the North Stand so singing would be a distraction.

Bloody North Standers, making all that racket.

You aren't one of the 'blanket' crew? Please tell me no.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:29 - Apr 22 with 2518 viewsPJH

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:12 - Apr 22 by textbackup

"Not allowed to-I don't go in the North Stand"

you're anti north stand aren't you, that's all you needed to say

I am anti the "if you don't go in the North Stand you are not a supporter" view and anti the North Stand verbally abusing our Manager and players but I am not anti the North Stand entirely-I even know some nice people that go in there!
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:32 - Apr 22 with 2512 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:24 - Apr 22 by Archer4721

TBF The North Stand is full of Morons these days.

where do you site?

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:32 - Apr 22 with 2509 viewsPJH

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:26 - Apr 22 by Johnny_Boy

Bloody North Standers, making all that racket.

You aren't one of the 'blanket' crew? Please tell me no.

My seat is just about level with the penalty area in Upper Cobbold but I do not take a blanket to football.

T shirt celebrating F.A. Cup win in 1978,jeans and white trainers yesterday.
I am a very fashionable 67 year old who knows what he likes and knows what he doesn't like.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:33 - Apr 22 with 2502 viewstextbackup

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:29 - Apr 22 by PJH

I am anti the "if you don't go in the North Stand you are not a supporter" view and anti the North Stand verbally abusing our Manager and players but I am not anti the North Stand entirely-I even know some nice people that go in there!

"if you don't go in the North Stand you are not a supporter" view - has never been said, you've made that up.

"anti the North Stand verbally abusing our Manager and players" - so you are anti about 100 people then. cool

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:36 - Apr 22 with 2493 viewsPJH

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:33 - Apr 22 by textbackup

"if you don't go in the North Stand you are not a supporter" view - has never been said, you've made that up.

"anti the North Stand verbally abusing our Manager and players" - so you are anti about 100 people then. cool

As I said I am only anti elements of the North Stand.

The "if you don't go in the North Stand...." view goes back years but I did not make it up.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:41 - Apr 22 with 2480 viewsJohnny_Boy

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:58 - Apr 22 by blueblueburleymcgrew

The Club is in a state of flux, so are the fans, these are not normal times.

Having said that, I hope the new normal is not the last coiuple of years on here under Mick.

There's a bonus Total Football Weekly 30min podcast covering Wenger's departure at Arsenal.
Was listening to it last night. Interesting similarities to our plight. Their fans attritional 'war' on Arsene made our problems with Mick look like a Lovers' Tiff.

Ian Wright made some salient comments (for once). Along the lines of, he should have gone in 2014, the personal abuse AW recieved was unacceptable, however the fans had a right to stay away.

That Wenger Out campaign has been going for YEARS. Regardless if you agree with it or not, that must have been a poisonous atmosphere at the Emirates when games weren't going their way.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:51 - Apr 22 with 2479 viewsSitfcB

I sang and I bloody loved it, was a great atmosphere. We were singing when Villa scored their 4th and it got louder as the Villa players ran off to celebrate, couldn't even hear the Villa fans cheering it.

I agree with the other side of the argument as well of course but what's done is done, we have to move forward, it's difficult at the moment as we are in the transition stage but come the new man being appointed/pre-season/start of the season then it will be a lot better.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

my heads spinning reading this forum on 10:05 - Apr 22 with 2438 viewsbrogansnose

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:36 - Apr 22 by PJH

As I said I am only anti elements of the North Stand.

The "if you don't go in the North Stand...." view goes back years but I did not make it up.

Lets be fair here PJ, what about the lot behind the dug outs. Point is that there has been stuff, and I don't agree with it, coming out from all over the ground let's not tar the North Stand which is how this comes accross despite you saying 'elements of'. Quite frankly, the silence from the other stands is just as negative and unsupportive as some of the more vocal stuff. It all adds to that horrible atmosphere.
my heads spinning reading this forum on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 2426 viewsBrixtonBlue

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:57 - Apr 22 by textbackup

wow, patronising little chap aren't you

I loved how that sentence is dipped in such delicious irony.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I was just hacked off.... on 10:15 - Apr 22 with 2432 viewsBloots

....that we got hammered at home.

But then I keep getting told that results don't matter.

Last week it didn't matter that we lost because we played much better football (even though we didn't really)

This week it doesn't matter that we lost because we sang some songs for 15 minutes.

#evansout

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I was just hacked off.... on 10:18 - Apr 22 with 2418 viewstextbackup

I was just hacked off.... on 10:15 - Apr 22 by Bloots

Last week it didn't matter that we lost because we played much better football (even though we didn't really)

This week it doesn't matter that we lost because we sang some songs for 15 minutes.

#evansout

this is what I mean, confusing as fck.

take me back to 2001 and leave me there

I was just hacked off.... on 10:18 - Apr 22 with 2411 viewsBrixtonBlue

I was just hacked off.... on 10:15 - Apr 22 by Bloots

#evansout

We sang for about 100 minutes. Were you there?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yep..... on 10:27 - Apr 22 with 2388 viewsBloots

I was just hacked off.... on 10:18 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

We sang for about 100 minutes. Were you there?

.... couldn't really her the NS until we went 4 down from Churchmans.

#evansout

my heads spinning reading this forum on 10:50 - Apr 22 with 2376 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

my heads spinning reading this forum on 10:58 - Apr 22 with 2356 viewswitchdoctor

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:24 - Apr 22 by Archer4721

TBF The North Stand is full of Morons these days.

you’re in there then I take it 👍
Yep..... on 11:13 - Apr 22 with 2327 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yep..... on 10:27 - Apr 22 by Bloots

.... couldn't really her the NS until we went 4 down from Churchmans.

#evansout

Well if your hearing's a bit sh!t that's not my problem.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 11:18 - Apr 22 with 2316 viewshowdonblue

my heads spinning reading this forum on 08:44 - Apr 22 by tractorboy1978

People just need to draw a line - it is becoming increasingly tedious. Lets have a fresh start with all fans at least starting the new manager's reign on the same page.

Agree totally but this will never happen on here I’m afraid.

Paul cook favorite on skybet sorry if already posted
And if you think you..... on 11:21 - Apr 22 with 2312 viewsBloots

Yep..... on 11:13 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

Well if your hearing's a bit sh!t that's not my problem.

....are always right that's not my problem.

You are basically a hipster version of Bully.

And if you think you..... on 11:23 - Apr 22 with 2305 viewsBrixtonBlue

And if you think you..... on 11:21 - Apr 22 by Bloots

....are always right that's not my problem.

You are basically a hipster version of Bully.

Just me then, no-one else heard the crowd singing the entire game?

I take "hipster version of Bully" as a compliment.

Of course you would..... on 11:34 - Apr 22 with 2293 viewsBloots

And if you think you..... on 11:23 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

Just me then, no-one else heard the crowd singing the entire game?

I take "hipster version of Bully" as a compliment.

....that's the point.

my heads spinning reading this forum on 11:38 - Apr 22 with 2285 viewsHoppersblue10

my heads spinning reading this forum on 09:16 - Apr 22 by PJH

I do join in the clapping sometimes when it spreads around the ground but singing?

I prefer to analyse what is going on on the pitch and in the North Stand so singing would be a distraction.

Breaking News...PJH admits to being a member of the "Happy Clappy Brigade"

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Of course you would..... on 11:40 - Apr 22 with 2283 viewsBrixtonBlue

Of course you would..... on 11:34 - Apr 22 by Bloots

....that's the point.

Surely the point was I'm as condescending and self-righteous as Bully but I also dress like a dick and have a stupid beard?

my heads spinning reading this forum on 11:49 - Apr 22 with 2269 viewsPJH

my heads spinning reading this forum on 11:38 - Apr 22 by Hoppersblue10

Breaking News...PJH admits to being a member of the "Happy Clappy Brigade"

I have never denied it because I would certainly never want to be considered what is seen as the opposite.
No, its that.... on 11:53 - Apr 22 with 2249 viewsBloots

Of course you would..... on 11:40 - Apr 22 by BrixtonBlue

Surely the point was I'm as condescending and self-righteous as Bully but I also dress like a dick and have a stupid beard?

....you consider it to be a compliment.

Just like Bully would.

Not complicated Sunbeam.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024