Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucan 15:14 - Apr 22 with 4235 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Mrs is taking me to the Handmade Buger Co. any good?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Lucan on 15:19 - Apr 22 with 3103 viewsJ2BLUE

None of the vegan options take your fancy?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lucan on 15:24 - Apr 22 with 3083 viewsmarchy

It most certainly is.
Lucan on 15:26 - Apr 22 with 3076 viewsFixed_It

It's a yes from me.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lucan on 15:41 - Apr 22 with 3015 viewsLord_Lucan

Yes, not bad for a chain, much better than Gourmet Burger Kitchen.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lucan on 07:18 - Apr 23 with 2860 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan on 15:41 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, not bad for a chain, much better than Gourmet Burger Kitchen.

Decent food but the staff were all pro faced miserable student types. They struggled to raise a smile with their service.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan on 09:03 - Apr 23 with 2800 viewsNo9

Lucan on 07:18 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Decent food but the staff were all pro faced miserable student types. They struggled to raise a smile with their service.

Maybe you would be po faced and miserable if you were on the wages they are probably on ???
Lucan on 09:11 - Apr 23 with 2783 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan on 09:03 - Apr 23 by No9

Maybe you would be po faced and miserable if you were on the wages they are probably on ???

I have no idea what they are being paid but they would have been a tenner better off had they at least smiled when taking our order.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan on 09:13 - Apr 23 with 2773 viewsCotty

Lucan on 09:11 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

I have no idea what they are being paid but they would have been a tenner better off had they at least smiled when taking our order.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't minimum wage. I'd be surprised if you didn't think the same!
Login to get fewer ads

Lucan on 09:16 - Apr 23 with 2764 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan on 09:13 - Apr 23 by Cotty

I'd be shocked if it wasn't minimum wage. I'd be surprised if you didn't think the same!

my son worked at a hotel during the school holidays last summer. Doubled his wages in tips because he was all ways cheerful and polite.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan on 09:17 - Apr 23 with 2763 viewsJ2BLUE

Amazing that people working for ~minimum wage on a Sunday didn't look utterly delighted to take your order.

Have a bit of empathy instead of complaining about something that makes no difference whatsoever.

Truly impaired.

Lucan on 09:19 - Apr 23 with 2756 viewsitfcjoe

Lucan on 09:17 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

Amazing that people working for ~minimum wage on a Sunday didn't look utterly delighted to take your order.

Have a bit of empathy instead of complaining about something that makes no difference whatsoever.

Staff is part of the experience of eating somewhere though, if they are miserable then they aren't doing their job well.

When you compare levels of service in this country to the US as an example then you see how poor it is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lucan on 09:20 - Apr 23 with 2752 viewsGlasgowBlue

Seriously. Then perhaps they should look for a job where good service isn’t a requirement.

With so many eateries out there fighting for business perhaps they may consider that their place of employment will close down due to the fact that people will go where good service is offered.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan on 09:21 - Apr 23 with 2745 viewsLord_Lucan

Good point.

I've only been in one a couple of times in Birmingham and the service was very good. The burgers were better than most chain types, not as good as Byron but twice as much food. Do they have Honest Burgers up there? I'm guessing not, think they are more of a London thing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lucan on 09:22 - Apr 23 with 2743 viewsBetablocker

Well don't get a job in the service industry if you can't be pleasant to people - you know the service industry
Lucan on 09:24 - Apr 23 with 2737 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan on 09:21 - Apr 23 by Lord_Lucan

Good point.

I've only been in one a couple of times in Birmingham and the service was very good. The burgers were better than most chain types, not as good as Byron but twice as much food. Do they have Honest Burgers up there? I'm guessing not, think they are more of a London thing.

I haven’t seen honest burger but then again I’m not a big burger eater but the Mrs treated me.

I went to Honest Burger in a little side street at the back of Oxford Street in London last year. That’s as good.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan on 09:24 - Apr 23 with 2736 viewsJ2BLUE

Lucan on 09:20 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Seriously. Then perhaps they should look for a job where good service isn’t a requirement.

With so many eateries out there fighting for business perhaps they may consider that their place of employment will close down due to the fact that people will go where good service is offered.

Complaining for the sake of complaining. You said the food was good. You have no idea what is going on in that person's life. It's not a case of simply turning up, plastering on a smile and being cheerful. I know from experience that sometimes it's bloody impossible.

The public are extremely hard work. A good proportion are rude, arrogant and condescending to anyone in that sort of job. It really grinds you down.

I'm now off to pay about £300 in unexpected car repair bills. If I was working today I wouldn't be smiling either.

Truly impaired.

Lucan on 09:25 - Apr 23 with 2729 viewsNewcyBlue

Lucan on 09:24 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

Complaining for the sake of complaining. You said the food was good. You have no idea what is going on in that person's life. It's not a case of simply turning up, plastering on a smile and being cheerful. I know from experience that sometimes it's bloody impossible.

The public are extremely hard work. A good proportion are rude, arrogant and condescending to anyone in that sort of job. It really grinds you down.

I'm now off to pay about £300 in unexpected car repair bills. If I was working today I wouldn't be smiling either.

Failed the MOT? What did it need?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Lucan on 09:29 - Apr 23 with 2719 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan on 09:24 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

Complaining for the sake of complaining? No. I didn’t say anything to the staff. I just left a smaller tip than I would have done.

I gave my opinion on a football message board. Had they service been excellent then I would have also said so.

And it wasn’t one particular person. As we left I said goodbye to the nearest oerson to the exit. They didn’t even raise their head in acknowledgment. I thought the service was poor all round.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan on 09:45 - Apr 23 with 2694 viewsArcher4721

Lucan on 09:29 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Complaining for the sake of complaining? No. I didn’t say anything to the staff. I just left a smaller tip than I would have done.

I gave my opinion on a football message board. Had they service been excellent then I would have also said so.

And it wasn’t one particular person. As we left I said goodbye to the nearest oerson to the exit. They didn’t even raise their head in acknowledgment. I thought the service was poor all round.

"I just left a smaller tip than I would have done."

I thought you said your missus paid?

It seems to me that you expect these people to treat you like Royalty and you consider the staff as Surfs.
Lucan on 10:03 - Apr 23 with 2675 viewsJ2BLUE

Lucan on 09:25 - Apr 23 by NewcyBlue

Failed the MOT? What did it need?

Obviously I expected the MOT expense but it was £300 more than I had budgeted. Just what I needed really at the moment.

Needed new tyres, load of minor stuff, some welding underneath and something done to the seatbelt.

*sigh* feels like a real kick in the balls in the circumstances.

Truly impaired.

Lucan on 10:04 - Apr 23 with 2671 viewsJ2BLUE

Lucan on 09:29 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Fair enough. That’s pretty poor.

Truly impaired.

Lucan on 10:07 - Apr 23 with 2666 viewsNewcyBlue

Lucan on 10:03 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

Obviously I expected the MOT expense but it was £300 more than I had budgeted. Just what I needed really at the moment.

Needed new tyres, load of minor stuff, some welding underneath and something done to the seatbelt.

*sigh* feels like a real kick in the balls in the circumstances.

You’ve got quite an old Fiesta don’t you?

Was it the sills that needed welding? It’s normally them or rear arches/area around fuel filler.

The minor stuff soon adds up, buy a Haynes manual and learn to fix you car yourself.

I need to replace both wishbones on MrsN’s Focus this week. Although her Locking Wheel Nut Key has broken, so a I need to get the locking wheel nuts off and replace them too.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Lucan on 10:10 - Apr 23 with 2656 viewsJ2BLUE

Lucan on 10:07 - Apr 23 by NewcyBlue

You’ve got quite an old Fiesta don’t you?

Was it the sills that needed welding? It’s normally them or rear arches/area around fuel filler.

The minor stuff soon adds up, buy a Haynes manual and learn to fix you car yourself.

I need to replace both wishbones on MrsN’s Focus this week. Although her Locking Wheel Nut Key has broken, so a I need to get the locking wheel nuts off and replace them too.

07 Citroen C3

Something underneath needed welding. That’s as specific as I can be!
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 10:15]

Truly impaired.

Lucan on 10:10 - Apr 23 with 2656 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lucan on 10:04 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

Fair enough. That’s pretty poor.

As I said in my op “the staff were all pro faced miserable student types. They struggled to raise a smile with their service.

That suggests a lack of training and management and little to do with how bad a day somebody was having.

Iron Lion Zion

Lucan on 10:13 - Apr 23 with 2650 viewsusm

Lucan on 09:45 - Apr 23 by Archer4721

"I just left a smaller tip than I would have done."

I thought you said your missus paid?

It seems to me that you expect these people to treat you like Royalty and you consider the staff as Surfs.

HAHAHA

No, he said the service wasnt good so left a smaller tip.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024