Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red Dead 2 16:25 - May 2 with 5172 viewsLuk38644

Red Dead 2 on 18:26 - May 2 with 5046 viewsBlueBadger

What sort of weirdo reports this as abuse?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Red Dead 2 on 18:34 - May 2 with 5035 viewsBlueBadger

Red Dead 2 on 18:26 - May 2 by BlueBadger

As an aside, now that Monster Hunter has been our for 3 months, RDR2 is officially my 'most anticipated video game' of 2018. It'll have to be pretty special to displace MH as 'game of the year' though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Red Dead 2 on 19:04 - May 2 with 4998 viewswkj

Red Dead 2 on 18:26 - May 2 by BlueBadger

I am pretty sure we could make an educated guess

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Red Dead 2 on 19:13 - May 2 with 4984 viewsBLUEBEAT

Original RD was superb.

I’ve given up waiting for this one as keeps getting delayed. Last I heard it was supposed to be this Spring. Then November. And now 2019.

Poll: W or W

Red Dead 2 on 19:17 - May 2 with 4975 viewswkj

Red Dead 2 on 19:13 - May 2 by BLUEBEAT

Original RD was superb.

I’ve given up waiting for this one as keeps getting delayed. Last I heard it was supposed to be this Spring. Then November. And now 2019.

Was 2019 just announced? this trailer was from today and the end screen says October 2018

Crybaby

Red Dead 2 on 19:18 - May 2 with 4970 viewsSpruceMoose

Red Dead 2 on 19:04 - May 2 by wkj

I am pretty sure we could make an educated guess

Do we have any Native American posters?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Red Dead 2 on 19:19 - May 2 with 4967 viewsBlueBadger

Red Dead 2 on 19:17 - May 2 by wkj

Was 2019 just announced? this trailer was from today and the end screen says October 2018

GAME were quoting me 26th October when I went in there the other day, too.

Red Dead 2 on 19:21 - May 2 with 4963 viewswkj

Red Dead 2 on 19:18 - May 2 by SpruceMoose

Do we have any Native American posters?

I don't care as long as they stay off the village ranch

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Red Dead 2 on 19:28 - May 2 with 4944 viewsBLUEBEAT

Red Dead 2 on 19:17 - May 2 by wkj

I know someone who is working on the landscaping of the world. He works at a firm on the Cambridge science park who contract to Rock Star. That’s what he told me 2 weeks ago.

Another contractor has been having big issues with ‘dust’, apparently.
[Post edited 2 May 2018 19:29]

Poll: W or W

Red Dead 2 on 20:24 - May 2 with 4877 viewsLuk38644

Red Dead 2 on 19:13 - May 2 by BLUEBEAT

Original RD was superb.

2018 is 'set in stone' apparently, R* always schedule a game then delay it, it's annoying but allows them to polish their games, and if it makes them as good as they are, I don't mind.

Speaking of RDR, did you see John Marston at 1:41? Think the prequel idea is fantastic!
Red Dead 2 on 20:28 - May 2 with 4868 viewstcblue

I always felt like the first game was a massive wasted opportunity, the game world, gameplay and characters were great but the story just didn't live up to the promise.

I hope RDR2 builds on this and becomes great.
Red Dead 2 on 20:35 - May 2 with 4854 viewsBlueBadger

Red Dead 2 on 20:24 - May 2 by Luk38644

2018 is 'set in stone' apparently, R* always schedule a game then delay it, it's annoying but allows them to polish their games, and if it makes them as good as they are, I don't mind.

Speaking of RDR, did you see John Marston at 1:41? Think the prequel idea is fantastic!

For my money, RDR is Rockstar's REAL masterpiece. It'll be interesting what they can do with their formula with a *true* current-gen version off one of their games, rather than GTA V which was, all things said and done, a last-gem port. A VERY polished and high quality out, but one none the less.

Red Dead 2 on 00:47 - May 3 with 4724 viewsLuk38644

Red Dead 2 on 20:35 - May 2 by BlueBadger

For my money, RDR is Rockstar's REAL masterpiece. It'll be interesting what they can do with their formula with a *true* current-gen version off one of their games, rather than GTA V which was, all things said and done, a last-gem port. A VERY polished and high quality out, but one none the less.

I tend to agree with that. I also think that GTA V's storyline was weak and the lack of single player DLC due to an increased impetus on GTA Online is disappointing. GTA IV was the best storyline in a GTA to date.

Like you say, RDR is genuinely a masterpiece and RDR2 could be R*'s biggest game to date which, considering they make GTA, would be huge.
Red Dead 2 on 01:11 - May 3 with 4718 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Red Dead 2 on 00:47 - May 3 by Luk38644

I tend to agree with that. I also think that GTA V's storyline was weak and the lack of single player DLC due to an increased impetus on GTA Online is disappointing. GTA IV was the best storyline in a GTA to date.

Like you say, RDR is genuinely a masterpiece and RDR2 could be R*'s biggest game to date which, considering they make GTA, would be huge.

No, San Andreas was the best story line.
Don’t you remembered meeting Sean Ryder, off his tits on acid, in the desert?
Red Dead 2 on 07:35 - May 3 with 4649 viewsTractorWood

Red Dead 2 on 00:47 - May 3 by Luk38644

GTA 5's ability to flick between the 3 players was excellent and a bit of a game changer. It was expertly polished and its mix of linear missions and sandbox world was just right. I found RD pretty dull tbh. Get a mission, ride somewhere miles away, do over some generic enemy. Rinse and repeat. Just my opinion.

It's the same feeling I had when I played Skyrim after so long on the Fallout franchise. It was just strange seeing the same engine cut and paste into a world that engaged me less.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Red Dead 2 on 07:37 - May 3 with 4646 viewsSwailsey

Can’t wait for this!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Red Dead 2 on 07:38 - May 3 with 4644 viewswkj

Red Dead 2 on 07:35 - May 3 by TractorWood

GTA 5's ability to flick between the 3 players was excellent and a bit of a game changer. It was expertly polished and its mix of linear missions and sandbox world was just right. I found RD pretty dull tbh. Get a mission, ride somewhere miles away, do over some generic enemy. Rinse and repeat. Just my opinion.

It's the same feeling I had when I played Skyrim after so long on the Fallout franchise. It was just strange seeing the same engine cut and paste into a world that engaged me less.

Bethesda are milking that engine to oblivion... eh eh

Crybaby

Red Dead 2 on 07:59 - May 3 with 4628 viewsMJallday

Red Dead 2 on 18:34 - May 2 by BlueBadger

As an aside, now that Monster Hunter has been our for 3 months, RDR2 is officially my 'most anticipated video game' of 2018. It'll have to be pretty special to displace MH as 'game of the year' though.

i couldnt get into RDR1 first time round. seemed a bit like "horse riding simulator" to me

been playing Elder Scrolls Online almost constantly for the past year - getting towards top end content now.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Red Dead 2 on 08:01 - May 3 with 4626 viewsMJallday

Red Dead 2 on 07:38 - May 3 by wkj

oooh yes.

Summerset comes out next month. ESO 6 will be 2 years off though

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Red Dead 2 on 08:08 - May 3 with 4619 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Red Dead 2 on 07:59 - May 3 by MJallday

i couldnt get into RDR1 first time round. seemed a bit like "horse riding simulator" to me

been playing Elder Scrolls Online almost constantly for the past year - getting towards top end content now.

Did they ever improve the combat? The engine in Skyrim was garbage compared to, say, Dragons Dogma
Red Dead 2 on 09:12 - May 3 with 4592 viewsTractorWood

Red Dead 2 on 07:38 - May 3 by wkj

Fallout 4 must have been its last outing. I'm working through the unchartered series at the moment. Just started 3. Will then do Yakuza 0 & the new one, then God of War.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Red Dead 2 on 09:53 - May 3 with 4571 viewsbluelou

It’s too much to hope for a Switch port but I rarely play anything other than that any more.
It’s just a beautiful convenient machine, I think I’m pushing 300 hours on Zelda.

RDR was a great game but can see why some people didn’t buy into it as much. I think those that did the full storyline have fonder memories due to the fantastic finale.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Red Dead 2 on 10:45 - May 3 with 4543 viewsMJallday

Red Dead 2 on 08:08 - May 3 by FrowsyArmLarry

Did they ever improve the combat? The engine in Skyrim was garbage compared to, say, Dragons Dogma

its much better in ESO than Skyrim. but it takes some getting used to. theyve used the same methodology as WoW - so you get propper animation cancelling.

i like it personally

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024