Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20:57 - Jun 28 with 3704 views_

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 20:58 - Jun 28 with 3693 viewsBloomBlue

Unfortunately we don't have any great English keepers at the moment
on 20:59 - Jun 28 with 3689 views_

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 20:58 - Jun 28 by BloomBlue

Unfortunately we don't have any great English keepers at the moment

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:02 - Jun 28 with 3671 viewsGlasgowBlue

A couple of nervy moments on the line and that save looked good until you see he's punched it back into play.

We don't have an internationl class goalie unfortunately.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:04 - Jun 28 with 3664 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s not just in the team for the work he does with his feet, he’s an excellent shot stopper

It wasn’t his best, but I’m not sure how you’ve concluded a performance in which he conceded 1 goal which was unsaveable was diabolical, but there you go

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:07 - Jun 28 with 3657 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

on 21:08 - Jun 28 with 3647 views_

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:04 - Jun 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s not just in the team for the work he does with his feet, he’s an excellent shot stopper

It wasn’t his best, but I’m not sure how you’ve concluded a performance in which he conceded 1 goal which was unsaveable was diabolical, but there you go

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:08 - Jun 28 with 3647 viewsGlasgowBlue

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:04 - Jun 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Damn shame Joe Hart has gone downhill so quickly.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:10 - Jun 28 with 3638 viewschristiand

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:07 - Jun 28 by BryanPlug

Of course he didn’t. Using his top hand was the only way he was going to get close to saving that, he’d have had about a foot advantage over his other hand with the height of the ball. Neville and Dixon should stick to talking about defending, something they know about!
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 21:14]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:10 - Jun 28 with 3635 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

on 21:08 - Jun 28 by _

Don’t be daft there wasn’t a chance he was saving that

Diabolical is ridiculous - De Gea against Portugal was diabolical, Pickford was just a bit iffy

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:32 - Jun 28 with 3565 viewsBryanPlug

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:10 - Jun 28 by christiand

Of course he didn’t. Using his top hand was the only way he was going to get close to saving that, he’d have had about a foot advantage over his other hand with the height of the ball. Neville and Dixon should stick to talking about defending, something they know about!
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 21:14]

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:33 - Jun 28 with 3558 viewsjjblue84

WHo would have thought that the Panama game was Southgate’s last ever win as England manager...
Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:43 - Jun 28 with 3529 viewsTrequartista

Has looked nervous from the first minute against Tunisia. Butland could have played tonight, but now that he hasn't, it would be a mistake to throw him straight into the next game.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:43 - Jun 28 with 3527 viewschristiand

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:32 - Jun 28 by BryanPlug

Yes that’s right playing as a defender makes you a top analyst of a goalkeeper’s technique. Utter nonsense. They might have played with David Seaman and Peter Schmeichel and both of them would have told them: ‘You don’t know what you’re talking about there chaps!’

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:47 - Jun 28 with 3513 viewsBryanPlug

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:43 - Jun 28 by christiand

Yes that’s right playing as a defender makes you a top analyst of a goalkeeper’s technique. Utter nonsense. They might have played with David Seaman and Peter Schmeichel and both of them would have told them: ‘You don’t know what you’re talking about there chaps!’

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:56 - Jun 28 with 3492 viewschristiand

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:47 - Jun 28 by BryanPlug

It’s logical just leaning to one side and seeing which arm stretches further for a ball at that height and it’s certainly not the lower arm, which they both implied.

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 22:27 - Jun 28 with 3438 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:07 - Jun 28 by BryanPlug

Reminds me of Supple.

Poll: Best Football Song

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 22:52 - Jun 28 with 3410 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Blimey, a goalkeeper in World Cup is an excellent shot stopper. Isn’t that a bit of a given?

BOT

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 00:06 - Jun 29 with 3355 viewsSpruceMoose

There's going to be a close up of his face, fighting back the tears, before the end of this World Cup. Mark my words.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 05:46 - Jun 29 with 3282 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 22:52 - Jun 28 by BorisOrTrevor

Blimey, a goalkeeper in World Cup is an excellent shot stopper. Isn’t that a bit of a given?

Not really, no

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 07:36 - Jun 29 with 3199 viewsbadadski

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 21:10 - Jun 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t be daft there wasn’t a chance he was saving that

Diabolical is ridiculous - De Gea against Portugal was diabolical, Pickford was just a bit iffy

Pickfords dive is fishy on so many levels, he read the shot and dived the right way but to then try and block it with your wrong arm/hand mid flight is just plain weird. It's even worse if he is right handed as your natural body movement would be to stick up your right arm from where he was diving from and too as instinct. I will stand corrected if he is left handed but if he is right handed then I'm sorry but he let that in.
Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 08:02 - Jun 29 with 3157 viewsBluespeed225

My 2nd fave England save, after Banks, was Shilton V Scotland in 73', from King Kenny. Wrong arm used!
Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 08:38 - Jun 29 with 3130 viewschristiand

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 07:36 - Jun 29 by badadski

Pickfords dive is fishy on so many levels, he read the shot and dived the right way but to then try and block it with your wrong arm/hand mid flight is just plain weird. It's even worse if he is right handed as your natural body movement would be to stick up your right arm from where he was diving from and too as instinct. I will stand corrected if he is left handed but if he is right handed then I'm sorry but he let that in.

Try stretching over to that side and see which hand gets closest to a ball hit at that height, it's his left hand as it is closer to the ball! His right hand would've got nowhere near it. Likewise, if the shot came across him on the other side - at that height or higher - I'd expect him to go with his right hand instead of his left. This is what goalkeepers are coached to do or should be. This fabrication that he could have saved that shot with his lower hand is just plain daft and to say then he should always go with his dominant hand to save all shots just ludicrous.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 8:55]

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 08:43 - Jun 29 with 3124 viewssolemio

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 08:02 - Jun 29 by Bluespeed225

My 2nd fave England save, after Banks, was Shilton V Scotland in 73', from King Kenny. Wrong arm used!

Sorry, he's been demoted. He's just Sir Kenny now.

One thing I do like about Pickford is his distribution. He throws and kicks accurately and when occasionally necessary gets distance well into the opposition half and near an England player!
on 08:45 - Jun 29 with 3121 views_

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 07:36 - Jun 29 by badadski

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 08:45 - Jun 29 with 3120 viewsDanTheMan

Poor performance from Pickford tonight in my opinion. on 08:43 - Jun 29 by solemio

Sorry, he's been demoted. He's just Sir Kenny now.

One thing I do like about Pickford is his distribution. He throws and kicks accurately and when occasionally necessary gets distance well into the opposition half and near an England player!

I imagine this is why he was picked, he fits really well into the system Southgate wants to play.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024