Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Rhodes 06:15 - Jul 10 with 12074 viewsdylanisabaddog

Season long loan to Norwich agreed
Jordan Rhodes on 06:20 - Jul 10 with 7184 viewsBenters2

FFS.

I bet he scores against Towen.
Jordan Rhodes on 07:05 - Jul 10 with 7035 viewsVic

How the mighty have fallen!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Jordan Rhodes on 07:10 - Jul 10 with 7012 viewsSpruceMoose

Jordan Rhodes on 06:20 - Jul 10 by Benters2

FFS.

Maybe you can cheer for them again?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jordan Rhodes on 07:13 - Jul 10 with 7002 viewsBenters2

Jordan Rhodes on 07:10 - Jul 10 by SpruceMoose

Maybe you can cheer for them again?

Jordan Rhodes on 07:26 - Jul 10 with 6951 viewsSporall

FFS.

Just leaving this here and running.... by Benters2 6 Jul 2018 18:18
Who?

Name and shame.

Jordan Rhodes on 07:46 - Jul 10 with 6826 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jordan Rhodes on 07:48 - Jul 10 with 6806 viewsBluebell

FFS.

He hasn't for the last few years so I can't see why he should start now.
Jordan Rhodes on 08:27 - Jul 10 with 6617 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jordan Rhodes on 07:48 - Jul 10 by Bluebell

He hasn't for the last few years so I can't see why he should start now.

Well, the last two to be precise.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Rhodes on 08:34 - Jul 10 with 6577 viewsReuser_is_God

Strikers usually go to Norwich to end their careers, a strikers graveyard if you like.

Unfortunately for Rhodes, & Norwich, he entered the graveyard about 18 months ago.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jordan Rhodes on 08:48 - Jul 10 with 6489 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jordan Rhodes on 08:34 - Jul 10 by Reuser_is_God

Strikers usually go to Norwich to end their careers, a strikers graveyard if you like.

Unfortunately for Rhodes, & Norwich, he entered the graveyard about 18 months ago.

He scored 7 goals last season from that graveyard. Not at his peak amounts but not too shabby.

I wouldn't be mocking him or Norwich just yet...

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Jordan Rhodes on 08:58 - Jul 10 with 6440 viewsitfcjoe

Jordan Rhodes on 08:48 - Jul 10 by BrixtonBlue

He scored 7 goals last season from that graveyard. Not at his peak amounts but not too shabby.

I wouldn't be mocking him or Norwich just yet...

Since he's gone to Middlesbrough he has really struggled to make an impact - 40 starts in 2 and a half seasons when he barely missed a game for Huddersfield or Blackburn.

He's an excellent finisher, but the team has to be built around that - and if you do he will score you goals.....but with more modern tactics it seems the role of the 'out and out goalscorer' is very rarely required.

I think it is a poor signing for Norwich, he will be expensive and they are trying to cut costs - and also they play a style under Farke that creates very little so he will be starved of service.

Rhodes has earned a lot of money in his career, but made poor decisions on moves footballing wise (bar leaving us for Huddersfield which was clearly the right one for him).

I can't imagine there is an English player (I know he's 'Scottish' but played his whole career here) who has made as much money both in wages and the cost of his transfer fees who has only started 2 Premier League games? Has Ross McCormack played much in the PL?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jordan Rhodes on 09:01 - Jul 10 with 6412 viewsGlebeTractor

What reception will he get at PR?

A hostile one I reckon.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Jordan Rhodes on 09:03 - Jul 10 with 6404 viewsWeird_Beard

Jordan Rhodes on 08:58 - Jul 10 by itfcjoe

Since he's gone to Middlesbrough he has really struggled to make an impact - 40 starts in 2 and a half seasons when he barely missed a game for Huddersfield or Blackburn.

He's an excellent finisher, but the team has to be built around that - and if you do he will score you goals.....but with more modern tactics it seems the role of the 'out and out goalscorer' is very rarely required.

I think it is a poor signing for Norwich, he will be expensive and they are trying to cut costs - and also they play a style under Farke that creates very little so he will be starved of service.

Rhodes has earned a lot of money in his career, but made poor decisions on moves footballing wise (bar leaving us for Huddersfield which was clearly the right one for him).

I can't imagine there is an English player (I know he's 'Scottish' but played his whole career here) who has made as much money both in wages and the cost of his transfer fees who has only started 2 Premier League games? Has Ross McCormack played much in the PL?

Actually I'd beg to differ. Under Farke their problem has been a lack of accuracy in font of goal. Last season they created lots of chances - just didn't put them away apparently.
Jordan Rhodes on 09:07 - Jul 10 with 6367 viewsitfcjoe

Jordan Rhodes on 09:03 - Jul 10 by Weird_Beard

Actually I'd beg to differ. Under Farke their problem has been a lack of accuracy in font of goal. Last season they created lots of chances - just didn't put them away apparently.

Not from what I saw, they created very little and relied on Maddison to get them out of holes with long range goals.

Jordan Rhodes on 09:10 - Jul 10 with 6344 viewsITFCBlues

Jordan Rhodes on 09:07 - Jul 10 by itfcjoe

Not from what I saw, they created very little and relied on Maddison to get them out of holes with long range goals.

They were towards the top of the table for attempts on goal I believe. Having said that, a lot of those were speculative long range attempts

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Jordan Rhodes on 09:11 - Jul 10 with 6341 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jordan Rhodes on 09:07 - Jul 10 by itfcjoe

How often did you watch Norwich?

Jordan Rhodes on 09:14 - Jul 10 with 6315 viewsSpruceMoose

Jordan Rhodes on 09:11 - Jul 10 by BrixtonBlue

Probably every week, seeing as he's a budgie troll.

Weird beard, not Joe obviously.

[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 12:14]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jordan Rhodes on 09:14 - Jul 10 with 6315 viewsitfcjoe

Jordan Rhodes on 09:11 - Jul 10 by BrixtonBlue

6 or 7 times

Jordan Rhodes on 09:24 - Jul 10 with 6251 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jordan Rhodes on 09:14 - Jul 10 by itfcjoe

6 or 7 times

More times than Benters has watched Ipswich in the last few years!

I'll bow to your superior knowledge then. I hope you're right.

Jordan Rhodes on 09:25 - Jul 10 with 6242 viewsBluefish

I'm pleased about this. I wouldn't have been a few years but but..

He doesn't come cheap so a fair bit of their budget

He has struggled for 2 or 3 seasons

He was awful for Wednesday against us

He is going into a team with a load of foreign mercenaries where they need to build a team around him but he will have no connections

Players low on confidence need a dressing room to lift them. Can't see that in their dressing room of failed misfits from all over Europe

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jordan Rhodes on 09:55 - Jul 10 with 6099 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Poor signing for Norwich. He's an Ipswich supporter, tough to play fully for the opposition.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

on 09:56 - Jul 10 with 6091 views_

Jordan Rhodes on 09:55 - Jul 10 by BrettenhamBlue

Poor signing for Norwich. He's an Ipswich supporter, tough to play fully for the opposition.

Jordan Rhodes on 09:57 - Jul 10 with 6088 viewshype313

Jordan Rhodes on 09:25 - Jul 10 by Bluefish

I'm pleased about this. I wouldn't have been a few years but but..

He doesn't come cheap so a fair bit of their budget

He has struggled for 2 or 3 seasons

He was awful for Wednesday against us

He is going into a team with a load of foreign mercenaries where they need to build a team around him but he will have no connections

Players low on confidence need a dressing room to lift them. Can't see that in their dressing room of failed misfits from all over Europe

That home game against Wednesday was woeful, they were as bad as I've seen an away team in the past few years, and Joe is right, if he has the team set up for him, he can be lethal, but if they don't then he becomes isolated, and whilst he is strong he doesn't have the pace to take on centre halfs on his own, which means he is searching for scraps.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jordan Rhodes on 09:58 - Jul 10 with 6074 viewspeterleeblue

Waghorn everyday for me.
Jordan Rhodes on 10:00 - Jul 10 with 6058 viewsBluefish

Jordan Rhodes on 09:57 - Jul 10 by hype313

That home game against Wednesday was woeful, they were as bad as I've seen an away team in the past few years, and Joe is right, if he has the team set up for him, he can be lethal, but if they don't then he becomes isolated, and whilst he is strong he doesn't have the pace to take on centre halfs on his own, which means he is searching for scraps.

I was thinking of the away game where he stood still for 45 minutes and was subbed off at HT. Not sure that he actually touched the ball

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024