Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... 18:21 - Jul 14 with 4121 viewsMrTown

First of all you have to put some perspective into that game today. From start to finish it had the feel of a typical pre season game, there was no individual out there going at 100%!in the first pre season game.
To add to that the heat was absolutely ridiculous today to stand in let alone run around in (with the ref giving no waterbreaks stupidly).
The pitch was of the standard of a park ground, it was hard, balls were just bobbling from a simple 5 yard pass, there was patches were grass hadn’t grown and was firm mud.

Anyway, first half I do think we were slow first 5 minutes, but after the first goal controlled the ball without looking threatning.
I have to say Spence was really poor at CB, I thought Skuse look very very slow, Jordan Roberts unfortunate offered little this week time.

Positives were the performance of Flynn Downes, I thought he exceptional in midfield, and bhe ing pitchside can hear the leadership of Chambers.

Second half with all the changes stemmed the flow of the game but the noticeable difference in Dozzell to everyone else on the pitch was eye opening, he looks an elite level footballer for such a young age.

Overall not too much to read into, a run out in searing heat with outstanding solo performances from Downes and Dozzell. Need to rectify the wide areas as PH loves to play with width but haven’t got the quality right now, would like to see Rowe at some point pre season.

Noticeable absentees today:
Bart
Knudsen
Chalobah
Huws
Bishop
Adeyemi
Rowe
Garner

That makes a difference aswell.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 18:30 - Jul 14 with 4045 viewsHARRY10

It should not make a difference.

Those playing should be up to the standard of the first team, if not what are they doing hare (most likely going through Hurst's mind as well) ?

Hurst will have his job rebuilding a new squad.
More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 18:34 - Jul 14 with 4010 viewsMrTown

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 18:30 - Jul 14 by HARRY10

Those playing should be up to the standard of the first team, if not what are they doing hare (most likely going through Hurst's mind as well) ?

I’m sure that is what Hurst is doing, the only way he will really be able to judge them is by seeing them on the pitch.

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 18:45 - Jul 14 with 3961 viewsartsbossbeard

"Second half with all the changes stemmed the flow of the game but the noticeable difference in Dozzell to everyone else on the pitch was eye opening, he looks an elite level footballer for such a young age."

Didn't happen. He was harried and muscled off the ball and there's now way whatsoever he put a stamp on proceedings. No way, not having that.

The rest is about right, it was a meaningless pre-season friendly against a bunch of fireman, builders & roofers who wouldn't think twice about going straight through you in the corner. Decent workout, but I'm amazed by your Dozzell assessment. I truly am.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 18:54 - Jul 14 with 3916 viewsblueconscience

Still doesn’t make up for the fact that Colchester beat them 5-0.

But no use dwelling on a friendly.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 19:52 - Jul 14 with 3769 viewsMrTown

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 18:45 - Jul 14 by artsbossbeard

"Second half with all the changes stemmed the flow of the game but the noticeable difference in Dozzell to everyone else on the pitch was eye opening, he looks an elite level footballer for such a young age."

Didn't happen. He was harried and muscled off the ball and there's now way whatsoever he put a stamp on proceedings. No way, not having that.

The rest is about right, it was a meaningless pre-season friendly against a bunch of fireman, builders & roofers who wouldn't think twice about going straight through you in the corner. Decent workout, but I'm amazed by your Dozzell assessment. I truly am.

Harried off the ball twice in my mind, technically the best footballer on the pitch, controlling a match over 30 minutes in a pre season is probably a very hard thing to do. To not see he is a level above the rest today amazes me, it truly does.

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 19:53 - Jul 14 with 3760 viewsartsbossbeard

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 19:52 - Jul 14 by MrTown

Harried off the ball twice in my mind, technically the best footballer on the pitch, controlling a match over 30 minutes in a pre season is probably a very hard thing to do. To not see he is a level above the rest today amazes me, it truly does.

He simply wasn't.

A half season at Col U and some game time would do him the world of good.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 19:57 - Jul 14 with 3738 viewsitfcjoe

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 19:53 - Jul 14 by artsbossbeard

He simply wasn't.

I didn't go today, but he needs game time here - is an exceptional talent and if we can harness it he will be a star

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:02 - Jul 14 with 3700 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good to see some of you went to watch. I've only read Phil's report, and don't take me wrong I'm not bothered about the result at all, but a few questions.

1) Would you say that with Hurst wanting to play Waggy behind the striker (I'm assuming a classic number 10 with him dropping deep to link play), that we were wrong to let Didz go? Is this a case of square pegs in riund holes and are we sacrificing our most dangerous player going down this route?

2) Plenty of talk about the pitch. Would we we better off playing friendlies in the summer against teams who have better facilities? Or even holding them at our training ground? Or wasn't it as big a problem as it's being made out to be?

3) Hard or soft? (The obligatory cheese question, obviously).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:04 - Jul 14 with 3690 viewsartsbossbeard

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 19:57 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

I didn't go today, but he needs game time here - is an exceptional talent and if we can harness it he will be a star

I've absolutely no doubt Joe.

Today he was up against a hard working midfield whose remit was to not let any town player have time on the ball. They succeeded.

The game is different at Championship level, players won't commit themselves and won't dive in, it will suit young Andre. Just feel that game time over squad stuff at town would suit both him and the club more in the short term.

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:07 - Jul 14 with 3676 viewsartsbossbeard

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:02 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

Good to see some of you went to watch. I've only read Phil's report, and don't take me wrong I'm not bothered about the result at all, but a few questions.

1) Would you say that with Hurst wanting to play Waggy behind the striker (I'm assuming a classic number 10 with him dropping deep to link play), that we were wrong to let Didz go? Is this a case of square pegs in riund holes and are we sacrificing our most dangerous player going down this route?

2) Plenty of talk about the pitch. Would we we better off playing friendlies in the summer against teams who have better facilities? Or even holding them at our training ground? Or wasn't it as big a problem as it's being made out to be?

In my little chat with Jason D, he was far from impressed with the pitch quality.

The pitch doesn't excuse the shambles that was the first goal. Their second being a wonderful free kick.

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:12 - Jul 14 with 3643 viewshaughleyblue74

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 19:53 - Jul 14 by artsbossbeard

He simply wasn't.

He looked of the pace but that is to be expected. Agreed a loan would do him good colchester or Cambridge
More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:21 - Jul 14 with 3609 viewsParisBlue

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:12 - Jul 14 by haughleyblue74

He looked of the pace but that is to be expected. Agreed a loan would do him good colchester or Cambridge

Which makes you wonder whether he'd be better off going away with England U19s and getting some game time in a less physical environment rather than trudging around on rock-hard pitches against lower level players.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:28 - Jul 14 with 3582 viewsitfcjoe

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:04 - Jul 14 by artsbossbeard

I've absolutely no doubt Joe.

Today he was up against a hard working midfield whose remit was to not let any town player have time on the ball. They succeeded.

The game is different at Championship level, players won't commit themselves and won't dive in, it will suit young Andre. Just feel that game time over squad stuff at town would suit both him and the club more in the short term.

I just personally don't think that games at that level will do him any good, bar a bit of fitness. With loans needing to be window to window now that doesn't work

Hurst just needs to find a way of getting him games, which I;m sure he will - Mick started him day 1 last season after he was away for whole of pre season and allowed him to sit deep and try and dictate things

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:40 - Jul 14 with 3526 viewsBryanPlug

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 18:45 - Jul 14 by artsbossbeard

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:52 - Jul 14 with 3485 viewsMrTown

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 19:57 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

Agreed

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:57 - Jul 14 with 3460 viewsMrTown

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:02 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

1. Didzy was just as talented as Waggy if not better at times, but far too injury prone to keep hold of big wages now. Think Waggy operated well in the 10 at times last year behind Garner, but would much prefer him as the no.9. I think thats where PH is going to play him though.

2. The pitch was terrible, and I mean truly terrible. Would much prefer us to play at our training ground on the u23 pitch. Or even playing against better teams with better facilities such as Col U. Don't think the state of the pitch can be over stated today, he must have been horrible to play on.

3. Soft

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:59 - Jul 14 with 3446 viewsMrTown

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:12 - Jul 14 by haughleyblue74

Every single player looked way of the pace, but technically miles ahead of everyone else. Don't think a loan would be beneficial as I think we need him here.

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 21:00 - Jul 14 with 3433 viewsartsbossbeard

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:59 - Jul 14 by MrTown

Every single player looked way of the pace, but technically miles ahead of everyone else. Don't think a loan would be beneficial as I think we need him here.

What relation are you to Andre?

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 21:01 - Jul 14 with 3429 viewschristiand

All good points Mr Town, important not to blow this out of proportion. Not ideal preparation for the new season, but it will certainly give the players a kick up the ar*e. The important thing after a result like this is how PH and the players react next.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 21:02]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 21:01 - Jul 14 with 3426 viewsMrTown

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 20:40 - Jul 14 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I thought he showed his footballing intelligence at multiple times during his time on the pitch. I think he movement, and vision with his football IQ is way beyond his years. Think it will be shown throughout the course of the season.

Agreed was impressed with Woolfenden, thought Nydam was energetic without getting on the ball enough.

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 21:22 - Jul 14 with 3344 viewsTheBlueBarca

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 18:30 - Jul 14 by HARRY10

It's just this forum. We could be beaten 50-0, rock bottom of the league and relegated and they'd find the positives and slag anyone with a different view, most Ipswich fans laugh at it. They'll be back to talking about Corbyn soon enough.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 21:39 - Jul 14 with 3309 viewsSeablu

More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 21:22 - Jul 14 by TheBlueBarca

It's just this forum. We could be beaten 50-0, rock bottom of the league and relegated and they'd find the positives and slag anyone with a different view, most Ipswich fans laugh at it. They'll be back to talking about Corbyn soon enough.

Oh dear, someone's had an extra glass of man pop tonight.
What utter nonsense.
More realistic assessment of Braintree than a nonsensical post previously... on 21:46 - Jul 14 with 3284 viewstextbackup

hate to ask, but were the conditions completely different for the Braintree lot then?

not knocking the players and manager here, just wondering why people blame many factors when they affect both teams

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024