Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? 21:14 - Jul 30 with 25433 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And the hashtag itself is so wrong.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:30 - Jul 30 with 2353 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:24 - Jul 30 by NewcyBlue

MrsNewcy used to babysit for a friends daughter. So she had some dolls and stuff kicking about. Seb happily played with them, she got him a doctors kit and he played doctors with her. I had to put a stop to it when he tried to take her appendix out.

(The appendix stuff is a joke, the rest real)

Seb loves his scalextric. Although he just wants to crash, which annoys me!

More a potential Vettel than Hamilton.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:31 - Jul 30 with 2354 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:28 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

This doctors game with Mrs Newcy...is that open to anyone?

I think that was Seb with the neighbour's kid mate.

Although I have heard they do adult sizes and also that Newcy is still away for a few weeks yet.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:31 - Jul 30 with 2355 viewsWeWereZombies

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:20 - Jul 30 by jeera

Thing is, all other stuff aside, many taboos have been broken so long ago and for such a long time that most of us think little of a man being a chef, a lass being an engineer, a doctor, being a able to park a car* etc. Flashdance did loads for equality, let's be honest. And that was years ago.

Is there really any need for this now? Men iron clothes. We have known our place for decades.

*OK, I made that bit up, but you get the point.

Speaking as a man who was hit repeatedly by the ex.wife with a road atlas (and this was back in the hard cover day) for no other reason than simply stating that it cannot be that hard to find the correct road to the B&b (I was driving), I don't see anything wrong with girls developing a bit more spatial awareness.

Although I'm not looking forward to the lady electricians who I have to call out after I feck up wiring lighting as they ask 'Blimey, who did this mate?'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:32 - Jul 30 with 2351 viewsNewcyBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:28 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

This doctors game with Mrs Newcy...is that open to anyone?

You know that urge to eat something just because it’s there?

That’s the reason I’m not a gynaecologist.

(P.S. she has standards!)

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:33 - Jul 30 with 2349 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:31 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

Speaking as a man who was hit repeatedly by the ex.wife with a road atlas (and this was back in the hard cover day) for no other reason than simply stating that it cannot be that hard to find the correct road to the B&b (I was driving), I don't see anything wrong with girls developing a bit more spatial awareness.

Although I'm not looking forward to the lady electricians who I have to call out after I feck up wiring lighting as they ask 'Blimey, who did this mate?'

"Although I'm not looking forward to the lady electricians who I have to call out after I feck up wiring lighting as they ask 'Blimey, who did this mate?' "

Oh that depends.

The old 'bloke come to fix the washing machine' story gets a bit dull.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:34 - Jul 30 with 2344 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:32 - Jul 30 by NewcyBlue

You know that urge to eat something just because it’s there?

That’s the reason I’m not a gynaecologist.

(P.S. she has standards!)

Haha!

She does? Damn.

I almost said doctors and nurses but i'm trying to limit my micro-aggressions.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:38 - Jul 30 with 2332 viewsNewcyBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:34 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

Haha!

She does? Damn.

I almost said doctors and nurses but i'm trying to limit my micro-aggressions.

Yeah she does. And yes I am baffled why she is with me too!

Must be because I have the body of a god....

Shame it’s Buddha.

She would hate to be called a nurse!

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:41 - Jul 30 with 2322 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:38 - Jul 30 by NewcyBlue

Yeah she does. And yes I am baffled why she is with me too!

Must be because I have the body of a god....

Shame it’s Buddha.

She would hate to be called a nurse!

While we're on the subject of kids and what toys they play with...when I was very young apparently I used to play with saucepans...a few saucepans could amuse me for hours. Probably why I grew up to be such an amazing chef.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:45 - Jul 30 with 2314 viewsNewcyBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:41 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

While we're on the subject of kids and what toys they play with...when I was very young apparently I used to play with saucepans...a few saucepans could amuse me for hours. Probably why I grew up to be such an amazing chef.

I think you’ve had enough to drink tonight mate...

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:47 - Jul 30 with 2308 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:45 - Jul 30 by NewcyBlue

I think you’ve had enough to drink tonight mate...

Been on the hard stuff tonight. Cherry and plum flavoured water.

Truly impaired.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:49 - Jul 30 with 2308 viewsslump

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:18 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

Everything I said about those two women on This Morning the other day applies here. Kids being weaponised for a cause.

Edit: Holy sh1t, just actually watched it. The world has gone insane. I don't care how much stick I take for this. That is plain wrong.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 21:27]

You are normally quite reasoned.

It is clearly an experiment to.highlight gender stereotypes in adults.

I'm not being pc, I just can't see the harm in this at all. (For me this has very little qin common with the said video you refer to from the other week)

Why the reaction?

UTT

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:55 - Jul 30 with 2291 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:49 - Jul 30 by slump

I'm not being pc, I just can't see the harm in this at all. (For me this has very little qin common with the said video you refer to from the other week)

Why the reaction?

It's not much of an experiment though is it?

I mean, if you'd asked me or Dave across the street, (or any one of 30 million adults), of the potential outcome of this scenario I'd say it's pretty nailed on how it would pan out.

No exactly a revelation tbf.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:55 - Jul 30 with 2290 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:49 - Jul 30 by slump

Why the reaction?

It appears J2 didn't watch the whole video and went off on one half-cocked.

Typical bloke.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:02 - Jul 30 with 2270 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:55 - Jul 30 by BrixtonBlue

It appears J2 didn't watch the whole video and went off on one half-cocked.

Typical bloke.

That is a fair point. I went mainly on the hashtag and assumed I knew what the video would be about. With that said I do have a couple of issues with it:

1) The hashtag...seems quite an odd hashtag for this experiment to me.

2) I think it's complete sh1te. Do you gender stereotype kids? Well yes and after watching that I would still gender stereotype kids. I would offer them what I thought they would be most interested in and if they wanted something else i'd get that for them instead.

Truly impaired.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:06 - Jul 30 with 2259 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:02 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

That is a fair point. I went mainly on the hashtag and assumed I knew what the video would be about. With that said I do have a couple of issues with it:

2) I think it's complete sh1te. Do you gender stereotype kids? Well yes and after watching that I would still gender stereotype kids. I would offer them what I thought they would be most interested in and if they wanted something else i'd get that for them instead.

If they're crying you give them anything that may buy a few moments peace.

The 'experiment' is selective rubbish.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:07 - Jul 30 with 2257 viewsReuser_is_God

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:30 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

I have a 9month old girl. She is a girl, she has a girls name (three of them in fact), but we choose the clothes we like, no matter their gender ‘label’ and toys are those we think she’ll like, no matter the typical gender intended.

She’ll make her own choices when she’s old enough too, but some of this stuff in the OP can go too far.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 21:31]

My little girls favourite thing to watch is cricket.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:12 - Jul 30 with 2249 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:02 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

The hashtag is indeed weird, but then all hashtags are weird to me.

I think the whole experiment was pointless - I could've told them that most people gender stereotype and saved them a few quid.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:13 - Jul 30 with 2246 viewsDarth_Koont

Steady on, princess.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:16 - Jul 30 with 2228 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:12 - Jul 30 by BrixtonBlue

The hashtag is indeed weird, but then all hashtags are weird to me.

I think the whole experiment was pointless - I could've told them that most people gender stereotype and saved them a few quid.

You are right though, hands up, I did jump early on this one.

Dolly...admit you're wrong about the rock please. I need a new avatar.

Truly impaired.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:17 - Jul 30 with 2222 viewsslump

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:55 - Jul 30 by jeera

It's not much of an experiment though is it?

I mean, if you'd asked me or Dave across the street, (or any one of 30 million adults), of the potential outcome of this scenario I'd say it's pretty nailed on how it would pan out.

No exactly a revelation tbf.

It's raising awareness though.

There are many things in my life that I just was to a degree programmed to believe or behave purely down to the influence of parents, peers, teachers, bosses and our society in general. Some of these were based on bias and prejudice and for good reason are generally unacceptable now.and we are a better society for broadening our capacity to better understand and have empathy for each other no matter what our perceived differences are.

This i believe has and will continue to lead to a more tolerant and better society.

Dave and you and quite a few others will think about it some won't. That's how it goes.

UTT

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:19 - Jul 30 with 2216 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:17 - Jul 30 by slump

There are many things in my life that I just was to a degree programmed to believe or behave purely down to the influence of parents, peers, teachers, bosses and our society in general. Some of these were based on bias and prejudice and for good reason are generally unacceptable now.and we are a better society for broadening our capacity to better understand and have empathy for each other no matter what our perceived differences are.

This i believe has and will continue to lead to a more tolerant and better society.

Dave and you and quite a few others will think about it some won't. That's how it goes.

I am already enlightened and I do tend to give others too much credit.

This much is true.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:21 - Jul 30 with 2208 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:17 - Jul 30 by slump

I wish I hadn't opened my Tonka Toys though.

They'd have been worth a fortune.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:21 - Jul 30 with 2206 viewsElderGrizzly

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:07 - Jul 30 by Reuser_is_God

Whatever gets them to sleep!
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:22 - Jul 30 with 2200 viewsslump

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:07 - Jul 30 by Reuser_is_God

Because you do and she enjoys what you do. If you liked ballet then she might, but my guess is that you don't because of the way you've been programmed.

The irony here being that my prejudices are highly evident in this example, but I think that this is the point.

UTT

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:33 - Jul 30 with 2180 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 23:22 - Jul 30 by slump

Because you do and she enjoys what you do. If you liked ballet then she might, but my guess is that you don't because of the way you've been programmed.

The irony here being that my prejudices are highly evident in this example, but I think that this is the point.

Apparently tap water gives you boobs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024