Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich 14:51 - Aug 6 with 3556 viewsZondervansTash

Heard that we have enquiried about Cameron Jerome. With so many strikers at Derby they may be prepared to let one or two go. I know the Norwich connection but if we could bring him in I think it would be a great signing.
Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 14:53 - Aug 6 with 3477 viewsMullet

He's either deadly or Guus Uhlenbeek in front of goal. Would assume Derby are not only paying Waggy stupid amounts but most of Jerome's wedge too?

If he had to have one ex-budgie in the squad I'd rather have him than Martin any day I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 14:54 - Aug 6 with 3455 viewshype313

I don't, he's awful, also everyone saying we will have one of the Derby players in return doesn't get that they are all on significantly higher wages than we can afford so it's a non starter.

Who would you prefer? Someone like Jackson who has a number of years left in him for around £8k a week, or a washed up has been ex scummer for £30k a week?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:07 - Aug 6 with 3232 viewsfloridaboy

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 14:54 - Aug 6 by hype313

I don't, he's awful, also everyone saying we will have one of the Derby players in return doesn't get that they are all on significantly higher wages than we can afford so it's a non starter.

Who would you prefer? Someone like Jackson who has a number of years left in him for around £8k a week, or a washed up has been ex scummer for £30k a week?

Trouble is we would never ever pay a player £30k a week so for me its a no brainer.

Still not sure where Waghorn will fit in, even Marriott might struggle to get a game. Not even in the 18 for the game on Friday night
Waghorn to Derby and Antonio D'Angelo to Ipswich on 15:08 - Aug 6 with 3193 viewsfactual_blue

That's what I'm hearing.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:10 - Aug 6 with 3177 viewsSWGF

I'd heard (a few weeks back when Derby were originally in the driving seat) that we'd enquired about Blackman and Butterfield in regards to the Waghorn deal.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:11 - Aug 6 with 3101 viewsKieran_Knows

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:10 - Aug 6 by SWGF

I'd heard (a few weeks back when Derby were originally in the driving seat) that we'd enquired about Blackman and Butterfield in regards to the Waghorn deal.

Interesting. Would presume we'd not be after Butterfield now we're signing Nolan? I think I'd take Blackman though, decent option out wide/up front.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:21 - Aug 6 with 2909 viewsBrixtonBlue

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:07 - Aug 6 by floridaboy

Trouble is we would never ever pay a player £30k a week so for me its a no brainer.

Still not sure where Waghorn will fit in, even Marriott might struggle to get a game. Not even in the 18 for the game on Friday night

Derby seem to be using my Championship Manager tactic of buying all the best strikers on paper, then seeing which work.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:23 - Aug 6 with 2857 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:21 - Aug 6 by BrixtonBlue

Derby seem to be using my Championship Manager tactic of buying all the best strikers on paper, then seeing which work.

Almost like Frank is taking Uncle Harry's advice.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:28 - Aug 6 with 2761 viewsRonFearonsHair

Nugent.
Waghorn to Derby and Antonio D'Angelo to Ipswich on 15:33 - Aug 6 with 2660 viewsjeera

Waghorn to Derby and Antonio D'Angelo to Ipswich on 15:08 - Aug 6 by factual_blue

That's what I'm hearing.

Yes, but your hearing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 16:02 - Aug 6 with 2368 viewsZondervansTash

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 14:53 - Aug 6 by Mullet

He's either deadly or Guus Uhlenbeek in front of goal. Would assume Derby are not only paying Waggy stupid amounts but most of Jerome's wedge too?

If he had to have one ex-budgie in the squad I'd rather have him than Martin any day I guess.

They have so many strikers, many of which won’t feature in the match day squad of 18 so I am sure they could loan us one at the very least. Like other loans maybe parent club would pay towards some of the wages too.
Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 16:20 - Aug 6 with 2210 viewsMullet

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 16:02 - Aug 6 by ZondervansTash

They have so many strikers, many of which won’t feature in the match day squad of 18 so I am sure they could loan us one at the very least. Like other loans maybe parent club would pay towards some of the wages too.

They do, and I don't know if Boro is a worse proposition for Waghorn (East Midlands to Suffolk being less of a stretch to balance family life) or they have the players to appease Hurst if that's what he's going for.

I guess Jerome is the sort of luxury we can't afford because of his stupid wages, so if Derby want to subsidise that to have him here so be it. Although I wonder if that means he couldn't play in a couple of weeks but Waghorn obviously could/would.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 16:22 - Aug 6 with 2162 viewsNo9

Town enquiring about Jerome - what, if he's ever played football?
Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 16:24 - Aug 6 with 2134 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 15:21 - Aug 6 by BrixtonBlue

Be interesting to see how much game time Marriott gets? Can see him going on loan in January, and Lampard gone when they’re struggling at the lower end of the table.
Waghorn to Derby and Jerome to Ipswich on 18:23 - Aug 6 with 1712 viewsgt81

God no, wasn't rated by City fans and he ain't getting any younger. But it would be funny if he joined us and did better here than there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024