Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today 08:14 - Aug 9 with 4176 viewsSteve_M

We've changed an awful lot this Summer, some by design and some by circumstance in our willingness to accept the offers for Webster and Waghorn. I'm concerned that we lack both Championship experience and players with any existing relationship with ITFC. Last time we had such a big disjoint in continuity was the Summer of 2009.

It helps, of course, that in Bart, Chambers and Skuse we have three key players who are highly professional and are likely to be the spine of the team but it would be good to keep Jonas and Garner around for longer. It's not that either is irreplaceable, they clearly are but do that in six months or a year's time.

The change was required and new signings are nice enough, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop here, but not everything about the first team squad needed to leave with Mick and Terry.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 9:24]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

After what has been a very positive window..... on 09:27 - Aug 9 with 1150 viewsBloots

....it will be a massive let down if at 5:01 today we end up with a gaping hole in our defence.

I know that (for some very odd reasons) Knudsen isn't everyone's cup of tea but to go into even Saturday's game with Kenlock as our only real option it's not positive.

We would then be hanging around looking for a loanee, again not ideal.

At this stage I'd be happy with getting Jackson in and switching the phones off.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 09:33 - Aug 9 with 1130 viewsRadlett_blue

I assume Knudsen won't sign a new deal, in which case if we move him on in 6 months or a year's time we will get a pittance or nothing for him so realistically he has to go, although football-wise, I would like him to stay.
As far a Garner is concerned, assuming we get Jackson plus one more striker, he's potentially surplus to requirements so £500k isn't a bad fee for an increasingly injury prone 30 year old journeyman striker.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

After what has been a very positive window..... on 09:35 - Aug 9 with 1131 viewsSteve_M

After what has been a very positive window..... on 09:27 - Aug 9 by Bloots

....it will be a massive let down if at 5:01 today we end up with a gaping hole in our defence.

I know that (for some very odd reasons) Knudsen isn't everyone's cup of tea but to go into even Saturday's game with Kenlock as our only real option it's not positive.

We would then be hanging around looking for a loanee, again not ideal.

At this stage I'd be happy with getting Jackson in and switching the phones off.

We are still an experienced central defender down but I'm happy enough if that one is a loanee but, yes, otherwise agree with your last point.

That's not how it will happen I'm sure.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 09:36 - Aug 9 with 1127 viewsSomethingBlue

More worried about Knudsen than Garner, although the latter leaving would certainly leave us a little "raw" at centre-forward much as I don't massively rate him. Can't see how we would get a good deal for Knudsen today and think it'd be a mistake to let him go.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 09:46 - Aug 9 with 1103 viewschicoazul

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 09:15 - Aug 9 by Bueller

I am a little un-easy with all these new additions late on. Would have been good to get players in early spend pre season together working with PH and the rest of the squad. But obviously a lot of these moves hinged on the Waghorn sale.

Hopefully they can all hit the ground running though and I am excited for the season ahead!

It's a fair point on the volume of new players with the season already begun. If we finish anywhere above 12th or so, integrate the new signings, and Hurst imposes himself and his style then the season will have been a success. Then we go again this time next year and have a good crack.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 09:55 - Aug 9 with 1086 viewsRadlett_blue

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 09:36 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

More worried about Knudsen than Garner, although the latter leaving would certainly leave us a little "raw" at centre-forward much as I don't massively rate him. Can't see how we would get a good deal for Knudsen today and think it'd be a mistake to let him go.

We may not get a "good" deal for Knudsen today, but it will be considerably more than we will get in January & we will get zilch in the summer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 09:57 - Aug 9 with 1079 viewsMugwump

I like Knudsen a lot but I think he has the regular odd mistake in him so I am 50/50 about him going.

Must admit I am very happy with the signings and I think it is a reflection on how Hurst wan'ts to stamp his own mark and also that things were more stale than we imagined.

I am the ever optimist and I have visions of our new trailblazing squad ripping things up, in fact I can't see us losing a game during the season.
I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 10:07 - Aug 9 with 1045 viewshadleighboyblue

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 08:31 - Aug 9 by homer_123

As much as Garner frustrates me (see my many posts about him spending more time on the ground than on his feet).

I'd agree with that Steve - he's a good option to have - we don't have anyone like that in the squad to really annoy the f*ck out of defenders and cause problems.

I agree , although if Garner is unhappy and looking to move back up north , that would be a good enough reason to let him go , rather than have an unhappy player here , especially as he is not guaranteed to start games .

We couldn't replace Knudsen easily , we need a bit of stability in the team and he has to be worth more than the £1m that has been quoted . I think he is underrated by some .
Login to get fewer ads

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 10:10 - Aug 9 with 1045 viewsSkuse4ballondor

This might well be the best chance we get to make money off Knudsen as his contract expires at the end of the season and his value will have been boosted by his World Cup appearance. For that reason I would not be too disappointed if he left as I feel we can probably also get a replacement of around his quality on loan. A good opportunity to provide Hurst with more funds.
I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 10:12 - Aug 9 with 1043 viewsReuser_is_God

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 09:55 - Aug 9 by Radlett_blue

We may not get a "good" deal for Knudsen today, but it will be considerably more than we will get in January & we will get zilch in the summer.

This.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 10:14 - Aug 9 with 1039 viewschicoazul

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 09:55 - Aug 9 by Radlett_blue

Could we get a replacement as good for more or less the same money though? In the time we have?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 10:29 - Aug 9 with 1016 viewsBluefish

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 10:14 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Could we get a replacement as good for more or less the same money though? In the time we have?

We have until Aug 31st. In the meantime we still have emmanuel/Spence at right back and donacien/kenlock/edun at left back

I would ask Jonas about a new contract and if he won't sign I would sell him. Use the money to buy tilt

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 11:18 - Aug 9 with 997 viewsGuthrum

I'll be disappointed to lose Knudsen and Garner today on 10:10 - Aug 9 by Skuse4ballondor

This might well be the best chance we get to make money off Knudsen as his contract expires at the end of the season and his value will have been boosted by his World Cup appearance. For that reason I would not be too disappointed if he left as I feel we can probably also get a replacement of around his quality on loan. A good opportunity to provide Hurst with more funds.

Why do we need to make money from Knudsen? Surely he's more useful to us as a player than a moderate sum of money on deadline day?

In any case, he might sign a new deal during the season, especially if he's playing often and enjoying himself.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024