Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn leaving 14:04 - Aug 8 with 3161 viewsJohnny_Boy

Some extraordinary bed-wetting & incredible flouncing on social media.

Waghorn leaving on 14:06 - Aug 8 with 3138 viewsSpruceMoose

Things seem pretty calm on here. Which is surprising. I wonder what Rommy's thoughts are today.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Waghorn leaving on 14:10 - Aug 8 with 3098 viewsJohnny_Boy

Waghorn leaving on 14:06 - Aug 8 by SpruceMoose

Things seem pretty calm on here. Which is surprising. I wonder what Rommy's thoughts are today.

The word 'loyalty' seems to be cropping up a lot. Like nobody would want to better their current salary 5-fold if the opportunity ever arose.

Had he gone on a free after refusing to sign an extension, then that could reasonably be levelled at a player.
Waghorn leaving on 14:11 - Aug 8 with 3081 viewsSpruceMoose

Waghorn leaving on 14:10 - Aug 8 by Johnny_Boy

The word 'loyalty' seems to be cropping up a lot. Like nobody would want to better their current salary 5-fold if the opportunity ever arose.

Had he gone on a free after refusing to sign an extension, then that could reasonably be levelled at a player.

He'd been here a year, heck, that's no time to develop loyalty. And look at his career, he's always bounced around clubs. This could be his one shot at a bumper pay day, who can blame him?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Waghorn leaving on 14:26 - Aug 8 with 3027 viewsGuthrum

Waghorn leaving on 14:10 - Aug 8 by Johnny_Boy

Had Waghorn even, for that matter, been the main driver of the transfer (there is no evidence that he was). Seems actually to have been that the club decided to sell in the light of several big offers on the table.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Waghorn leaving on 14:33 - Aug 8 with 2980 viewsLeagueOne

It's been the exact opposite. If Mick were still in charge and we had sold Webster and Waghorn this summer and replaced them with a number of unproven players from the third and fourth divisions this forum would be alive with bile. It's only because of the Paul Hurst hype that Ipswich have a get out of jail free card. Waghorn was our best player last season and we're relying on unproven players to replace him. I'd say the clubs been very lucky with the support it has right now.

... in 6 months time however...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Waghorn leaving on 14:38 - Aug 8 with 2953 viewswkj

Waghorn leaving on 14:33 - Aug 8 by LeagueOne

It's been the exact opposite. If Mick were still in charge and we had sold Webster and Waghorn this summer and replaced them with a number of unproven players from the third and fourth divisions this forum would be alive with bile. It's only because of the Paul Hurst hype that Ipswich have a get out of jail free card. Waghorn was our best player last season and we're relying on unproven players to replace him. I'd say the clubs been very lucky with the support it has right now.

Welcome back Dan

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Waghorn leaving on 14:42 - Aug 8 with 2931 viewsfloridaboy

Would never had happened under the previous manager. He was only interested in bringing proven professionals who were close to hanging up their boots. He couldn't spot a decent young player from the lower divisions if he had tried. Fraser and Lawrence were exceptions although from premier sides

He ruined Sears who is now struggling to replicate the form that he first showed when he arrived here. He played his captain out of position and was happy for him to take the stick he got.

I don't think Evans trusted him with a decent transfer budget.

With regards to Waghorn. I think its a very good bit of business by Hurst. Going on past seasons Waghorn has usually gone, one good, one not so good. Time will tell of course now he is at a club where the manager has so many players to pick from to a couple of positions!!!
Waghorn leaving on 14:44 - Aug 8 with 2914 viewsTractorCam

Is there? I've seen the odd little comment but not seen anyone really getting worked up about it

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn leaving on 14:49 - Aug 8 with 2893 viewsLeagueOne

Waghorn leaving on 14:42 - Aug 8 by floridaboy

Would never had happened under the previous manager. He was only interested in bringing proven professionals who were close to hanging up their boots. He couldn't spot a decent young player from the lower divisions if he had tried. Fraser and Lawrence were exceptions although from premier sides

He ruined Sears who is now struggling to replicate the form that he first showed when he arrived here. He played his captain out of position and was happy for him to take the stick he got.

With regards to Waghorn. I think its a very good bit of business by Hurst. Going on past seasons Waghorn has usually gone, one good, one not so good. Time will tell of course now he is at a club where the manager has so many players to pick from to a couple of positions!!!

If you look back to 2013. Mick came in, cleared out Paul Jewells signings and freed up the budget to sign Bart, Gerken, Skuse, Tabb, Didz, Hunt, Murphy (perm), Berra, Mings, Bru, Anderson, Ambrose, and so on. This summer is not much different with Hurst, he's released a number of existing players and sold two to bring in the people he want's from the leagues below. Let's just hope Hurst's first summer is as successful as Mick's.

As I said, if Mick and Evans had sold Waghorn the reaction would have been very, very, different.

Waghorn leaving on 14:49 - Aug 8 with 2894 viewsconnorscontract

You've got the right user name, budgie boy. It's not a League Ipswich have ever been in. The last time Ipswich were in the third tier it was regionalised.
Waghorn leaving on 14:56 - Aug 8 with 2868 viewsLeagueOne

Waghorn leaving on 14:49 - Aug 8 by connorscontract

You've got the right user name, budgie boy. It's not a League Ipswich have ever been in. The last time Ipswich were in the third tier it was regionalised.

Irony is lost on you. Anyhow if League One is so bad, why are you so excited about all the signings we've made from there and below this summer? Including a manager and coaching staff? You are making out that the standard of League One is below Ipswich Town on one hand, and celebrating signing players form that level on the other, and calling me a Budgie in the process?

Lacks thought that.

Waghorn leaving on 15:29 - Aug 8 with 2785 viewsclive_baker

Waghorn leaving on 14:56 - Aug 8 by LeagueOne

Irony is lost on you. Anyhow if League One is so bad, why are you so excited about all the signings we've made from there and below this summer? Including a manager and coaching staff? You are making out that the standard of League One is below Ipswich Town on one hand, and celebrating signing players form that level on the other, and calling me a Budgie in the process?

Lacks thought that.

I can only assume you're a norwich fan with all this talk of the 3rd division. Let's be honest, you're far more qualified to comment on that given your recent spell there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Waghorn leaving on 15:31 - Aug 8 with 2773 viewsconnorscontract

Waghorn leaving on 14:56 - Aug 8 by LeagueOne

Lacks thought that.

It's possible to celebrate the fact that Ipswich haven't been in the third tier since before The Beatles had their first hit, whilst at the same time believing that some players who played in League One last year are good enough to play in The Championship this year.

Football is a meritocracy, and good players progress up the League structure, sometimes by being promoted with their current club, sometimes by being identified as good players by managers of teams higher up the pyramid.

Something new is happening at Town, and you've set up a new account called League One. So, yes, I smell budgie troll.
Waghorn leaving on 15:33 - Aug 8 with 2756 viewsjpring89

Who’s Waghorn ?

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Waghorn leaving on 15:34 - Aug 8 with 2741 viewschicoazul

Hey DanFord it's like I said the other day, modify the posting style when you come back so it isn't blatant.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Waghorn leaving on 15:55 - Aug 8 with 2673 viewsCurrie10

Perhaps not everyone is delighted our best player, and the highest player in the entire division interms of goal + assist output is leaving!?
Waghorn leaving on 15:58 - Aug 8 with 2653 viewsLeagueOne

Waghorn leaving on 15:29 - Aug 8 by clive_baker

I can only assume you're a norwich fan with all this talk of the 3rd division. Let's be honest, you're far more qualified to comment on that given your recent spell there.

Again, irony lost on some.

Answer me this, if League One is so bad (and exclusively Norwich) why are you excited about signing a manager, coaching team, and players almost exclusively from League One and below? Surely based on your reply, and the previous comment, League One is below the standard of Ipswich, therefore Hurst is a poor appointment and his signings by default rubbish?

No.

Also what does any of this have to do with Waghorn, our best on field player and top scorer being sold to league rivals? The point I was making was if Mick had done this (and sold the previously much loved Webster, who quickly became "rubbish"after he was sold) many would all be foaming at the mouth angry at he and Evans, and essentially that the clubs been most fortunate with the response. What is wrong with that statement?

In 6 months when Lampard (who we wouldn't pay for, but would have taken the job here) and Waghorn are doing well at Derby, and we're doing not so well the feeling will be different.I don't see how any of that equates to me supporting Norwich. I won't even wear yellow, so maybe some maturity is needed rather than insults?

Waghorn leaving on 16:45 - Aug 8 with 2549 viewsHerbivore

Waghorn leaving on 14:42 - Aug 8 by floridaboy

Except Webster and Mings, for example, who could end up fetching us over £16m in fees.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Waghorn leaving on 16:50 - Aug 8 with 2538 viewsgazzer1999

Waghorn had a good season by his standards last year, if he was our best player how come Bart got player of the year again from the supporters.
Personally It would have been nice to see how he does this year for us, however the decision to let him go was made. Its not like we have just lost Paul Mariner, David Johnson the first or Marcus Stewart is it? truly great players for ITFC. We have always sold our better players and then developed some more, we will ride it out and who knows where we may end up. Remember we sold K. Dyer and got promotion, be careful what we hope for.
Waghorn leaving on 11:15 - Aug 9 with 2306 viewsLeagueOne

Waghorn leaving on 16:50 - Aug 8 by gazzer1999

Waghorn had a good season by his standards last year, if he was our best player how come Bart got player of the year again from the supporters.
Personally It would have been nice to see how he does this year for us, however the decision to let him go was made. Its not like we have just lost Paul Mariner, David Johnson the first or Marcus Stewart is it? truly great players for ITFC. We have always sold our better players and then developed some more, we will ride it out and who knows where we may end up. Remember we sold K. Dyer and got promotion, be careful what we hope for.

I'd personally disagree that Bart had a better season than Waghorn and thats not knocking Bart but suggesting that selling Waghorn is anything like the Dyer situation is simply baffling.

Dyer was one of the top rated young players in the country, Ipswich had been a top second division side for 4 years pushing for promotion every season and £6million was a lot of money in 1999. There is no way either situation relates, you can down-vote and name call all you like the reality is we sold our best player and if this was the scenario under Mick the supporters would be significantly more upset.

I don't see how thats an unreasonable statement? Is it simply because Mick is mentioned at all?

As for "we've always sold our better players" and developed, can you name one instance in the last decade where we have sold any key player and had it improve the team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024