Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Occasional reminder that atheism... 13:25 - Aug 10 with 21313 viewschicoazul

...is in fact faith in there being no God.

Thank you and have a nice day.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 08:41 - Aug 15 with 1445 viewsjjblue84

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 08:07 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

It's possible that invisible unicorns farting invisible rainbows cause strong winds in the Autumn. You can't prove that they don't, you can only offer me an alternative theory. People want to think God is a special case because religion is so deeply ingrained in our history and culture, but that doesn't stand up to any rational scrutiny.

Nope, there’s no reason to believe that unicorns might exist. Are you a bit slow??!
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 09:11 - Aug 15 with 1429 viewssparks

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 08:41 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

Nope, there’s no reason to believe that unicorns might exist. Are you a bit slow??!

There's no evidence that they do not exist either. And they have explanatory power. So its possible, yes?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 9:17]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 09:36 - Aug 15 with 1401 viewsHerbivore

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 08:41 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

There's no reason to believe God exists either, my sloth like friend. The existence of a God who has created the universe is no more or less plausible than the existence of invisible unicorns.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Occasional reminder that atheism... (n/t) on 09:45 - Aug 15 with 1401 viewsBinner

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 09:48 - Aug 15 with 1394 viewsBinner

Unicorns exist though they are not usually pink and, as far as I am aware, they don't fart rainbows. A rhino is, literally, a unicorn.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 09:51 - Aug 15 with 1389 viewsSwansea_Blue

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 20:23 - Aug 14 by gordon

No, it definitely will according to the eminent Isreali Professor leading the project, Dr. Yuv Binad.

Isreali eh?........

*fetches popcorn*

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 09:51 - Aug 15 with 1387 viewsgordon

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 09:48 - Aug 15 by Binner

Unicorns exist though they are not usually pink and, as far as I am aware, they don't fart rainbows. A rhino is, literally, a unicorn.

Well, only Indian and Javan Rhinoceroses actually.
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 09:52 - Aug 15 with 1380 viewsHerbivore

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 09:48 - Aug 15 by Binner

Heresy!

Login to get fewer ads

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:24 - Aug 15 with 1360 viewsmanchego

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 19:59 - Aug 14 by gordon

I actually saw a talk the other day from someone in a research group at Stanford that have built an algorithm that is being programmed to profile the meta-properties of all the particles in the known universe, and by a process of machine learning then search through all the dark energy/matter for evidence of organisation/structure amongst super-massive dark particles, which will, effectively, empirically test the universe for the presence of God.

As far as I know, God is outside of this universe. That's usually the reason people give for there being no evidence. Therefore undetectable in this one.

In any case, you would need an agreed definition of what God is before you can go looking for him. The definitions of what God is are many and varied and change to suit the question, your religion, culture, the time you live in etc ... A movable target.
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:31 - Aug 15 with 1354 viewsjjblue84

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 09:36 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

There's no reason to believe God exists either, my sloth like friend. The existence of a God who has created the universe is no more or less plausible than the existence of invisible unicorns.

Unless you fully understand the origins on the universe, which nobody does, then you can’t state that. Maybe spend a bit more thinking about it???
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:37 - Aug 15 with 1349 viewsmanchego

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:31 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

Unless you fully understand the origins on the universe, which nobody does, then you can’t state that. Maybe spend a bit more thinking about it???

He can absolutely state that the plausibility of God and invisible unicorns is the same.
And no knowledge of the creation of the universe is needed.
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:39 - Aug 15 with 1340 viewsHerbivore

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:31 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

Not understanding fully the origins of the universe has no bearing whatsoever on whether different invisible beings exist or not.

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:59 - Aug 15 with 1324 viewsjjblue84

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:39 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

Not understanding fully the origins of the universe has no bearing whatsoever on whether different invisible beings exist or not.

Another confident statement on something that you couldn’t possible hope to know. The faitheism is strong in this one...
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 11:11 - Aug 15 with 1316 viewseireblue

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:59 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

Another confident statement on something that you couldn’t possible hope to know. The faitheism is strong in this one...

The important question is.

Will the unicorn be willing to serve you, or abide by your crib?

If the Unicorn is being invisible and farting rainbows, does it really matter that much.
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 11:18 - Aug 15 with 1301 viewsHerbivore

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 10:59 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

I am confident because I understand logic and reason, friend. This isn't about needing to 'know' anything, it's about the status of claims of belief in invisible entities. I can see why you want to think that belief in God is of a different status than belief in invisible, rainbow farting unicorns. However, both beliefs are of entirely the same order.

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 12:39 - Aug 15 with 1275 viewsjjblue84

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 11:11 - Aug 15 by eireblue

The important question is.

Will the unicorn be willing to serve you, or abide by your crib?

If the Unicorn is being invisible and farting rainbows, does it really matter that much.

It might be important to the irrational mind....
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 12:54 - Aug 15 with 1265 viewseireblue

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 12:39 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

So what you seem to be implying is, that placing importance on the acts of an invisible and possibly mythical being, is indicative of an irrational mind.

I think you may get a bit of agreement on that one.
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 12:59 - Aug 15 with 1259 viewsjjblue84

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 12:54 - Aug 15 by eireblue

So what you seem to be implying is, that placing importance on the acts of an invisible and possibly mythical being, is indicative of an irrational mind.

I think you may get a bit of agreement on that one.

Nope, just you!
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:19 - Aug 15 with 1249 viewseireblue

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 12:59 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

Nope, just you!

I just posed the question.

It was you that answered by linking an irrational mind to a person that places importance on invisible beings that have no detectable effect in the universe.

That's your own logic.
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:21 - Aug 15 with 1245 viewsSpruceMoose

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 12:39 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

You're having a right mare on this thread. Unless your plan was to convince us all that you have the reasoning ability of cow pat that is.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:29 - Aug 15 with 1227 viewsjjblue84

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:19 - Aug 15 by eireblue

I just posed the question.

It was you that answered by linking an irrational mind to a person that places importance on invisible beings that have no detectable effect in the universe.

That's your own logic.

Only if there’s no rational reason for them. Read the thread!!

Here’s some free advice, bleating on about unicorns makes you sound like the nutter on the bus...
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:37 - Aug 15 with 1218 viewseireblue

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:29 - Aug 15 by jjblue84

Here’s some free advice, bleating on about unicorns makes you sound like the nutter on the bus...

I don't wish to sound condescending.

But you may want to have a little bit of a quiet sit down, with a cup of tea, poured from Russell's teapot.

And by the way, Unicorns don't bleat, the neigh magnificently prior to emanating one of their wonderful rainbow farts.

Sheeesh everyone knows that to be true, just try and prove me wrong on that one.
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:40 - Aug 15 with 1210 viewsleitrimblue

You appear to be suggesting that Eireblue an Herbies faith in a unicorn based creation myth is somewhat crazier an deserves less respect then your own 3000 year old middle eastern creation myth. Surely there faith deserves equal respect to your own?
Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:44 - Aug 15 with 1203 viewsHerbivore

There's no rational reason for the existence of any invisible being. You have your faith in God, despite there being no rational basis for it, and I have my faith in invisible rainbow farting unicorns.

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:55 - Aug 15 with 1189 viewseireblue

Occasional reminder that atheism... on 13:40 - Aug 15 by leitrimblue

You appear to be suggesting that Eireblue an Herbies faith in a unicorn based creation myth is somewhat crazier an deserves less respect then your own 3000 year old middle eastern creation myth. Surely there faith deserves equal respect to your own?

I am too somewhat disappointed.

See, on the one hand we have "God" that did everything in 6 days, had a rest, and is omnipotent. But keeps messing up, 3 main religions and so many splinter groups, how did that happen, and he had to pop back a few times to clear up some of the rules, he really should have seen that coming surely?

Then we have Bomba, who basically sicked up the universe, then just went away, job done.

Which is more likely, taking into consideration Herbivores evidence on Unicorns, that no one has disproved.

Should we believe in "God" that says he is infallible, but clearly something has gone wrong.

Or Bomba, and we have all done this, did a bit of a burb whilst vomiting and that is where the invisible rainbow farting unicorns came from.

You see, theologically speaking, I think we can all see which one is a bit more consistent with things that haven't yet been disproven.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024