Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see The Maximum Leader 13:26 - Aug 13 with 46246 viewschicoazul

is refusing to apologise for something else this week.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-quit-labour-sajid-j

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see The Maximum Leader on 23:49 - Aug 14 with 1613 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 23:15 - Aug 14 by BrixtonBlue

"Claiming Atef Bseiso was not involved in the Munich Massacre because he wasn't physically there is like claiming Osama Bin Laden wasn't involved in the 9/11 attacks because he never left his cave in Afghanistan."

It would be if Beseiso were the leader who orchestrated that attack. Except there is no evidence he had anything to do with it.

You're clutching at straws. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

just to make sure i haven't missed any, these are i think the versions of what happened that corbyn has now provided:

i laid a wreath to the victims of the beirut bombing and also those killed by mossad in paris;
i only laid a wreath to the victims of the beirut bombing;
i was attending a peace conference;
i was at the cemetery but didn't lay a wreath;
i was present at the wreath laying but i don't think i was involved;
i can't remember laying a wreath;
i was present but didn't participate;
i don't remember;
the wreath laying was at a different grave;
if you look at the photos very carefully they depict a different grave;
there is no memorial to those killed in paris;
the people killed in paris weren't those who actually carried out the munich attack;
the person on whose grave i laid the wreath wasn't really a terrorist.

do you not see a problem here?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I see The Maximum Leader on 08:32 - Aug 15 with 1552 viewsjayceee

I see The Maximum Leader on 23:49 - Aug 14 by lowhouseblue

just to make sure i haven't missed any, these are i think the versions of what happened that corbyn has now provided:

i laid a wreath to the victims of the beirut bombing and also those killed by mossad in paris;
i only laid a wreath to the victims of the beirut bombing;
i was attending a peace conference;
i was at the cemetery but didn't lay a wreath;
i was present at the wreath laying but i don't think i was involved;
i can't remember laying a wreath;
i was present but didn't participate;
i don't remember;
the wreath laying was at a different grave;
if you look at the photos very carefully they depict a different grave;
there is no memorial to those killed in paris;
the people killed in paris weren't those who actually carried out the munich attack;
the person on whose grave i laid the wreath wasn't really a terrorist.

do you not see a problem here?

"do you not see a problem here?"

Yip... You.
You'd be lying if you actually claimed to believe the utter BS you post.
I see The Maximum Leader on 09:47 - Aug 15 with 1505 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 08:32 - Aug 15 by jayceee

"do you not see a problem here?"

Yip... You.
You'd be lying if you actually claimed to believe the utter BS you post.

Which stage have we reached now?
1. SMEAR!
2. Distortion of truth.
3. True, but misinterpreted.
4. True and correct, but.....,....Israel
5. True, correct, and bad; but THE TORIES have done WORSE.
6. SHUT UP because The People desperately need a Labour victory.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I see The Maximum Leader on 09:53 - Aug 15 with 1506 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 09:47 - Aug 15 by GlasgowBlue

1. SMEAR!
2. Distortion of truth.

It's a mixture of 1,2 and 3, like all your Corbyn posts.

I look forward to what's in the next episode of the long running soap that is Smear Street.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see The Maximum Leader on 09:56 - Aug 15 with 1496 viewsBrixtonBlue

1. SMEAR!
2. Distortion of truth.

Also, just in case anyone's unsure, GLASSERS ISN'T A TORY ANYMORE (as the above post clearly demonstrates).

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:02 - Aug 15 with 1472 viewsZedRodgers

1. SMEAR!
2. Distortion of truth.

We've reached the stage of you being happy to ignore the facts and continue to say things which simply are not true. Of course, we actually reached that stage a few pages ago. You have absolutely no evidence behind any of your claims. The doctored NYT article was hilarious and everyone who has read this thread can see that.

The fact that you ignored my last post which again dismantled the latest moving of the goalposts proves this.

You should apologise for making out that Corbyn laid a wreath for terrorists, even if it was because you were misled.

No, not at the moment

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:05 - Aug 15 with 1471 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 09:53 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

It's a mixture of 1,2 and 3, like all your Corbyn posts.

I look forward to what's in the next episode of the long running soap that is Smear Street.

To be fair 1 and 2 have also been used pretty extensively by Zed in this thread.

Both sides are at it, to attempt to take some form of high ground on behalf of one side is ignoring the actuality of the situation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:23 - Aug 15 with 1447 viewslowhouseblue

1. SMEAR!
2. Distortion of truth.

i think we're still at the love is blind phase i'm afraid.

sadly they can't step back and see how he looks beyond the true and passionate believers. it's like that with cults.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:24 - Aug 15 with 1453 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:05 - Aug 15 by StokieBlue

To be fair 1 and 2 have also been used pretty extensively by Zed in this thread.

Both sides are at it, to attempt to take some form of high ground on behalf of one side is ignoring the actuality of the situation.

SB

Sorry, where has Zed smeared anyone or distorted the truth? I must've missed that.

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:25 - Aug 15 with 1445 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:02 - Aug 15 by ZedRodgers

We've reached the stage of you being happy to ignore the facts and continue to say things which simply are not true. Of course, we actually reached that stage a few pages ago. You have absolutely no evidence behind any of your claims. The doctored NYT article was hilarious and everyone who has read this thread can see that.

The fact that you ignored my last post which again dismantled the latest moving of the goalposts proves this.

You should apologise for making out that Corbyn laid a wreath for terrorists, even if it was because you were misled.

ah, the current momentum line - but what will it be next?

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:28 - Aug 15 with 1432 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:24 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

Sorry, where has Zed smeared anyone or distorted the truth? I must've missed that.

He smeared me directly and then ignored it when I asked him to stop and called him out on it.

Loving the sychronised downvotes though, the fact you think you examine things on balance and aren't agenda driven is pretty amazing.

SB

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:34 - Aug 15 with 1414 viewsZedRodgers

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:23 - Aug 15 by lowhouseblue

sadly they can't step back and see how he looks beyond the true and passionate believers. it's like that with cults.

I can see how it looks and that's why I've tried to offer you a perspective beyond the misleading Daily Mail story.

I just think it's a shame people are fuelling their unhealthy obsessions with distorted facts.

You clearly don't have the gravitas to listen to the facts and you're happy to backtrack on it all by saying I'm just blindly shouting SMEAR. It's so childish.

No, not at the moment

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:35 - Aug 15 with 1425 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:28 - Aug 15 by StokieBlue

He smeared me directly and then ignored it when I asked him to stop and called him out on it.

Loving the sychronised downvotes though, the fact you think you examine things on balance and aren't agenda driven is pretty amazing.

SB

I genuinely haven't seen him smear you and apologise if he did. There's no 'synchronised downvotes', I up and downvote depending on whether I agree or disagree with the post in question.

I love how you know how I think as well. Good work mystic SB.

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:37 - Aug 15 with 1410 viewsZedRodgers

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:25 - Aug 15 by lowhouseblue

ah, the current momentum line - but what will it be next?

Stop making yourself look ridiculous.

If you don't have a response, don't respond.

No, not at the moment

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:40 - Aug 15 with 1419 viewsCoachRob

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:23 - Aug 15 by lowhouseblue

This sounds like one of those posts conspiracy theorists construct. The right wing press must be right because they said so. There is no balance to this story - the Queen laid a wreath at the Amritsar massacre - was she supporting terrorists? Was Muhatma Gandhi a terrorist?

It is only hard right conspiracy theorists inspired by Trump nationalists who seriously believe Jeremy Corbyn supports terrorism. There is also an unconscious racism at play here with people in the global south treated with suspicion and demeaned by the far/hard right.
I see The Maximum Leader on 10:52 - Aug 15 with 1403 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:35 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

I genuinely haven't seen him smear you and apologise if he did. There's no 'synchronised downvotes', I up and downvote depending on whether I agree or disagree with the post in question.

I love how you know how I think as well. Good work mystic SB.

I’ve not said I know how you think. You’re doing it again, extrapolating things from the post that aren’t there.

I’ve said that you have previously said you don’t have an agenda — I don’t think that comes across in your posts, they seem to me, an external observer, almost entirely agenda driven — something you accuse many other posters of being.

I think that’s a fair summary of my position, no mysticism required.

SB

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:55 - Aug 15 with 1398 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:37 - Aug 15 by ZedRodgers

Stop making yourself look ridiculous.

If you don't have a response, don't respond.

my response was that you are simply parroting the current line being pushed by apologists for the glorious jeremy. it is about the sixth different excuse you've gone for, and i suspect they'll be another one along in a minute.

you'll get better grades if you learn to think for yourself rather than going for the copy and paste route from swarwkbox and the like.

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:06 - Aug 15 with 1384 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:52 - Aug 15 by StokieBlue

I’ve not said I know how you think. You’re doing it again, extrapolating things from the post that aren’t there.

I’ve said that you have previously said you don’t have an agenda — I don’t think that comes across in your posts, they seem to me, an external observer, almost entirely agenda driven — something you accuse many other posters of being.

I think that’s a fair summary of my position, no mysticism required.

SB

This post;
"I’ve not said I know how you think. You’re doing it again, extrapolating things from the post that aren’t there."

Previous post;
"the fact you think you examine things..."

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:10 - Aug 15 with 1364 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:06 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

This post;
"I’ve not said I know how you think. You’re doing it again, extrapolating things from the post that aren’t there."

Previous post;
"the fact you think you examine things..."

Clearly that's an observation and you've misused the word "think" in the second sentence as equivalent to think in the first but I'm not going to get all bogged down in a semantic post dissection no matter how much you love them.

I voiced an opinion, you insist on telling me it's wrong. I think you'd be annoyed if it's the other way round.

We will just have to disagree. I have no interest in arguing about it. Feel free to have the final word on the subject.

SB

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:12 - Aug 15 with 1355 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 10:40 - Aug 15 by CoachRob

This sounds like one of those posts conspiracy theorists construct. The right wing press must be right because they said so. There is no balance to this story - the Queen laid a wreath at the Amritsar massacre - was she supporting terrorists? Was Muhatma Gandhi a terrorist?

It is only hard right conspiracy theorists inspired by Trump nationalists who seriously believe Jeremy Corbyn supports terrorism. There is also an unconscious racism at play here with people in the global south treated with suspicion and demeaned by the far/hard right.

has anyone on here actually said that he supports terrorism? you are straw-manning. he undoubtedly shares the objectives of a number of terrorist groups, he shares platforms with them or with their direct supporters, he turns a blind eye to what they say or do, he makes excuses for extremists, he constantly seeks to draw equivalence between terrorist groups and democratic governments. in true twtd fashion throughout his career he has consistently been the man standing next to the ones who do bad things.

people generally aren't following the precise in and outs of the wreath laying. what sticks for most people is (i) it fits with a pattern of him being close to extremists; (ii) he comes across as shifty. you don't want to see it but everyone else can.

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:26 - Aug 15 with 1322 viewsCoachRob

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:12 - Aug 15 by lowhouseblue

has anyone on here actually said that he supports terrorism? you are straw-manning. he undoubtedly shares the objectives of a number of terrorist groups, he shares platforms with them or with their direct supporters, he turns a blind eye to what they say or do, he makes excuses for extremists, he constantly seeks to draw equivalence between terrorist groups and democratic governments. in true twtd fashion throughout his career he has consistently been the man standing next to the ones who do bad things.

people generally aren't following the precise in and outs of the wreath laying. what sticks for most people is (i) it fits with a pattern of him being close to extremists; (ii) he comes across as shifty. you don't want to see it but everyone else can.

"what sticks for most people is (i) it fits with a pattern of him being close to extremists; (ii) he comes across as shifty. you don't want to see it but everyone else can."

Do you have an empirical evidence for what most people think or is this just a convenient right wing way of making up the facts?

Have you ever met Jeremy Corbyn or been involved in debating on public platforms?

Sounds like a very naïve conspiratorial response with no basis in fact whatsoever.
I see The Maximum Leader on 11:30 - Aug 15 with 1311 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 09:56 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

Also, just in case anyone's unsure, GLASSERS ISN'T A TORY ANYMORE (as the above post clearly demonstrates).

So there we have it. Stand up against antisemitism and support for terrorists and you are automatically a Tory.

Iron Lion Zion

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:31 - Aug 15 with 1305 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:26 - Aug 15 by CoachRob

"what sticks for most people is (i) it fits with a pattern of him being close to extremists; (ii) he comes across as shifty. you don't want to see it but everyone else can."

Do you have an empirical evidence for what most people think or is this just a convenient right wing way of making up the facts?

Have you ever met Jeremy Corbyn or been involved in debating on public platforms?

Sounds like a very naïve conspiratorial response with no basis in fact whatsoever.

Is the following statement by Jeremy Corbyn true: "A wreath was indeed laid by some of those who attended the conference for those who were killed in Paris in 1992 I was present when it was laid".

If so then what they hell is the argument about?

Iron Lion Zion

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:46 - Aug 15 with 1272 viewsCoachRob

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:31 - Aug 15 by GlasgowBlue

Is the following statement by Jeremy Corbyn true: "A wreath was indeed laid by some of those who attended the conference for those who were killed in Paris in 1992 I was present when it was laid".

The argument is about hard right media smearing Jeremy Corbyn with visiting the graves of the Munich terrorists as set out in the Daily Mail. How many of the eight terrorists are buried at this site in Tunis?

As a hard right supporter I would have thought rule of law would have been paramount for you. How many of those buried at this site have been convicted of terrorist offences?

Should the Queen have laid a wreath at Amritsar?
I see The Maximum Leader on 12:12 - Aug 15 with 1245 viewsZedRodgers

I see The Maximum Leader on 11:31 - Aug 15 by GlasgowBlue

Are you really still saying that your interpretation of this comment is that he laid a wreath for the Munich massacre terrorists? That's where your argument started when the goalposts were in their original position.

You are STILL yet to evidence how Atef Bseiso, or any of the people buried in Tunis have any connection to Black September or Munich, but are STILL saying a wreath was laid in the cemetery for terrorists that killed in Munich. This isn't ignorance on my behalf, it's all on you. I'm not just dismissing what you're saying and shouting SMEAR as if Corbyn is some kind of untouchable overlord. I'm answering your points with clear facts.

The appealingly named 'Operation Wrath of God' Mossad murders in Paris in 1992 are widely believed to have not been based on any evidence of involvement in Munich. At this point I'll again remind you that the actual perpetrators of Munich were not shot in Paris, nor in 1992, nor are they buried in Tunisia. The most respectable source that would connect Bseiso to Munich that you will find (yet somehow you haven't even managed to find this) is the book Striking Back by Aaron Klein, which still admits the connection is only speculation from the Israeli side.

The book contains a number of direct quotations from Mossad officers. Things like:

"Wael Zwaiter, the first Palestinian to die, was "uncorroborated and improperly cross-referenced. Looking back, his assassination was a mistake." He elaborates, stating that the real planners and executors of Munich had gone into hiding along with bodyguards in the Eastern Bloc and Arab world, where Israel could not reach them. Most of those killed were minor Palestinian figures who happened to be wandering unprotected around Western Europe. "Israeli security officials claimed these dead men were responsible for Munich; PLO pronouncements made them out to be important figures; and so the image of Mossad as capable of delivering death at will grew and grew.. "For the second goal, one dead PLO operative was as good as another." Klein quotes a senior intelligence source: "Our blood was boiling. When there was any kind of information implicating someone, we didn't inspect it with a magnifying glass."

So are you still going to say that because Corbyn said there was a tribute for those who died in 1992 that the wreath he's pictured holding was laid for Munich terrorists? We've been on quite a journey since in this mad game you've turned this in to but I'm still holding out hope that you'll admit you've been misled by a classic piece of gutter journalism.

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024