Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. 22:19 - Aug 14 with 3446 viewsMr_Ipswich

PH: “That was nowhere near good enough or acceptable. If all our players put 100% into that game - we win the game and we didn’t do that.”
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:20 - Aug 14 with 3359 viewsMr_Ipswich

A manager actually digging out his players...
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:22 - Aug 14 with 3300 viewspointofblue

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:20 - Aug 14 by Mr_Ipswich

As I said on another thread - reminds me of Keane.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:23 - Aug 14 with 3259 viewsportmanking

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:20 - Aug 14 by Mr_Ipswich

Smacks of a man who's already clutching at straws to me.

You can have as much sports science as you want, but you need a core of good Championship footballers to be a good Championship team.
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:23 - Aug 14 with 3249 viewsArnieM

I doubt Hurst will suffer fools easily. Players not pulling their weight will be out of that team pronto.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:24 - Aug 14 with 3189 viewsSmithy

Problem for me is that 6 of the starting 11 are his players, if some of them are already not giving 100% that is very worrying.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:26 - Aug 14 with 3161 viewsmadmouse1959

No alarm bells just yet. Still think Paul Hurst is the man.

We do have the players We do have a good squad.
The young players should of got the nod for this game. The loss would not of been as hard to take then.

shampoo dave

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:27 - Aug 14 with 3135 viewsIscaBlue

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:24 - Aug 14 by Smithy

Problem for me is that 6 of the starting 11 are his players, if some of them are already not giving 100% that is very worrying.

And those 6 were the standouts. Sears, Ward and Chambers had poor games.
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:27 - Aug 14 with 3130 viewsVic

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:23 - Aug 14 by portmanking

Smacks of a man who's already clutching at straws to me.

You can have as much sports science as you want, but you need a core of good Championship footballers to be a good Championship team.

Not so. Go and read what he was like at both Grimsby and Shrewsbury. Was just the same, and enjoyed great success.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:28 - Aug 14 with 3105 viewsjeera

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:24 - Aug 14 by Smithy

He had the courage to bring on Bishop and Rowe tonight, which says he is clearly nowhere near knowing his first team yet.

He is still looking at his players and taking stock.

At this point there is time. Lots of it.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 22:29]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:29 - Aug 14 with 3090 viewsArnieM

My mate is at the game...and having watched the game tonight and now hearing Hursts comments , he suggests the players likely to be implicated by the managers comments , would be ..

Knudsen
Sears
Ward

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:31 - Aug 14 with 3019 viewspointofblue

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:29 - Aug 14 by ArnieM

My mate is at the game...and having watched the game tonight and now hearing Hursts comments , he suggests the players likely to be implicated by the managers comments , would be ..

Knudsen
Sears
Ward

Edun to left back against Villa with Edwards and Harrison in for Sears and Ward? He doesn't seem to favour Kenlock at the moment so I can't see him replacing Knudsen.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:31 - Aug 14 with 3017 viewshadleighboyblue

It sounded like the senior players were the worst tonight
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:32 - Aug 14 with 2998 viewsManchesterblue

So we have a Manager and Coach that have never managed or coached in the Championship before, signing 9 players that have not played in the Championship before, this could all go horribly wrong, next 3 games are massive already.

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:32 - Aug 14 with 2972 viewsMr_Ipswich

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:29 - Aug 14 by ArnieM

Knudsen
Sears
Ward

Yep, Sears, Knudsen and Ward all out for Saturday, and possibly beyond.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 22:33]
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:33 - Aug 14 with 2954 viewsFreddies_Ears

Knudsen
Sears
Ward

I was at the game. Jackson was OK, Toto showed signs of being ok. Sears and Ward were terrible. How can we sign so many new players and still play them? Bishop and Rowe anonymous. Grr.
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:33 - Aug 14 with 2936 viewsfloridaboy

Knudsen
Sears
Ward

Knudsen hankering after a loan move maybe. Sears knowing he will be back on the bench Saturday!
it was the Mick drilled players who failed tonight... on 22:35 - Aug 14 with 2885 viewsunstableblue

... mediocrity and lack of energy, movement, looking forward beaten into them

wake up

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:37 - Aug 14 with 2823 viewssoclopath

You Brought great% to the club,blame yourself buy yourself a mirror,your now the manager of a PROPER football club,get a grip --- of yourself.
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:38 - Aug 14 with 2798 viewsjeera

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:28 - Aug 14 by jeera

He had the courage to bring on Bishop and Rowe tonight, which says he is clearly nowhere near knowing his first team yet.

He is still looking at his players and taking stock.

At this point there is time. Lots of it.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 22:29]

You got a bit of a thing for me meekreech?

You seem to be a silent fan of some sort.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:42 - Aug 14 with 2737 viewsBlueorder

Only 3 games in and the new manager admits that a number of players have a bad attitude. Something doesn't quite add up here. Villa match could be interesting.
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:46 - Aug 14 with 2703 viewsStNeotsBlue

I've spoken to my brother who watched the game in the home end. There was clear intent throughout the team to keep possession but we looked toothless up front (Jackson was isolated), at the back we were a bit all over the place and looked wobbly.

Early days and no need to panic.
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 23:21 - Aug 14 with 2498 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:32 - Aug 14 by Mr_Ipswich

Yep, Sears, Knudsen and Ward all out for Saturday, and possibly beyond.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 22:33]

Agree with that, especially Knudsen. Wouldn’t be surprised if he sits out games now, Ward another one not showing enough. As for Sears, not sure how he’s continually selected.
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 23:32 - Aug 14 with 2446 viewsrgp1

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 22:42 - Aug 14 by Blueorder

Only 3 games in and the new manager admits that a number of players have a bad attitude. Something doesn't quite add up here. Villa match could be interesting.

I think the Norwich match could be the crunch match especially if we don't win in the next 3. Unfortunately a large number of our supporters have been apologists for years which is probably why we constantly put up with crap year on year. However whilst I support our new manager I do fear tht that with so many changes that he may have thrown the baby out with the bath water!
Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 23:45 - Aug 14 with 2403 viewsRyorry

Ok, not great, but wow - that is refreshing to hear. on 23:21 - Aug 14 by backwiththeboysagain

Agree with that, especially Knudsen. Wouldn’t be surprised if he sits out games now, Ward another one not showing enough. As for Sears, not sure how he’s continually selected.

I got laughed at in chat for suggesting that Knudsen and Chambo should have been left out tonight because it's more important to have our most senior outfield players fit for the league, but it sounds from reports (I didn't have access to view) as they, Sears and Ward were the ones performing least well anyway. Wonder if they were actually saving themselves for the league? Just a thought (I'll probably get laughed at again!).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024