Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) 14:32 - Aug 17 with 2787 viewsAlong

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:53 - Aug 17 with 766 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yes.

Few years ago ran for Oxford City.

Got a plan from the club, lots of intervals/hill running/long easy runs.

Ironically I broke 90 mins at Reading, flattest course around!

RIP Sir Bobby

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:53 - Aug 17 with 766 viewsAlong

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:29 - Aug 17 by BrianTablet

1:22.

Lots of miles in training.
1 x intervals
1 x tempo
1 x long run

Some miles at race pace.

Choose a flat course on a still, cool day.

Don't eat /drink anything during the race. You don't need it.

Take a risk.

It's a hilly course but all my trainings over similar ascents so figuring on my times it's still possible
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:55 - Aug 17 with 762 viewsLesta_Tractor

Yep

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 17:49 - Aug 17 with 730 viewsFtnfwest

Not quite. 97 minutes but a long time ago. Have done 10k down to just under 45 in recent years
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 18:32 - Aug 17 with 719 viewsTractorWood

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:46 - Aug 17 by dirtyboy

I'm swimming and cyling more now, much easier on the body!

How quick are you doing 800m? I'm usually just under 14 mins f/c snuck into 12's back in June, but that was a serious effort.

Really enjoying it, but hate getting passed by the 10 year olds lol!

That's much quicker than me but I'm getting quicker. I went to Jesus Green lido in Cambridge a few weeks ago which is 89m long and 18 degrees, was brutal. I'm training for the mile swim serpentine next month and the Frankfurt marathon in October. Hoping to go sub 4 hours in Frankfurt but it's a tall order.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 18:55 - Aug 17 with 714 viewsDistantBlue

Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 15:29 - Aug 17 by BrianTablet

1:22.

Lots of miles in training.
1 x intervals
1 x tempo
1 x long run

Some miles at race pace.

Choose a flat course on a still, cool day.

Don't eat /drink anything during the race. You don't need it.

Take a risk.

My son does and this advice sounds about right....especially the simply putting in the miles part.
Anyone run a sub 90 minute half ? (n/t) on 20:22 - Aug 17 with 695 viewsBeds_blue

Did a 1.39 half earlier this year on a hilly course and with a slow start (it was supposed to be rest week as part of a bigger training plan). Knocked out Windermere marathon a few weeks later under 3.45, it was much more hilly than I expected/trained for.

Long runs. Intervals. Hills. Tempos. Cross train. Eat well, drink little or no alcohol as it hinders recovery. Don't carry excess weight around. Rest and recover properly. Sports massage in rest weeks. Increase the mileage gently, don't do your long runs at race pace (put some race pace sections in the later stages).

I want to get sub 90 next year and set a decent 10k (currently about 45 mins) will spend the rest of the year working on 5 and 10k times and considering a winter trail run series for something different to do. I'm also at risk of being coerced into a proper fell race so I need to be prepared for that too!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024