Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice piece on the measles epidemic 09:46 - Aug 23 with 1781 viewsCotty

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/21/anti-vaxxers-measles-mmr-v

Please, for the love of all that is good, please get your children vaccinated! We are still suffering from the misinformation that was so widely spread in the 90s...
Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:47 - Aug 23 with 1778 viewshype313

Didn't the guy who linked Autism with MMR get kicked out of the medical practice?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:48 - Aug 23 with 1776 viewsCotty

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:47 - Aug 23 by hype313

Didn't the guy who linked Autism with MMR get kicked out of the medical practice?

Yes, he was a charlatan, and he has blood on his hands.
Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:49 - Aug 23 with 1775 viewshype313

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:48 - Aug 23 by Cotty

Tw&t, the doctor, not you.

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:50 - Aug 23 with 1774 viewsCotty

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:49 - Aug 23 by hype313

Tw&t, the doctor, not you.

I'm a tw&t too, so you didn't really need to qualify that . Not on his level, mind, I just ruin the lives of those immediately around me
Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:52 - Aug 23 with 1768 viewsSteve_M

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:48 - Aug 23 by Cotty

He seems to have joined the alt-right media circus in the US. Being anti-science being as fundamental to some of those people as guns and racism.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:53 - Aug 23 with 1766 viewshype313

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:50 - Aug 23 by Cotty

I'm a tw&t too, so you didn't really need to qualify that . Not on his level, mind, I just ruin the lives of those immediately around me

Bit harsh, I generally like your posts

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 10:03 - Aug 23 with 1745 viewswkj

Love em or hate em, they did the best skit on this
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 10:04]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 10:46 - Aug 23 with 1710 viewsThe_Last_Baron

If you were born in the 70s nobody got the measles vaccine. Most children got the disease young and that vaccinated them for life. I got everything except German Measles, mumps wasn't nice and I don't think measles was pleasant but I was too young to remember much about it.

There were actually measles parties back then where children would go to a kid with measles so that it would be passed on. But strange.

I only realised recently that measles is actually so dangerous for kids. I always viewed it as something everyone recovered from as everyone I knew had them and recovered fine after a week or ten days

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 11:01 - Aug 23 with 1698 viewsBasuco

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 10:46 - Aug 23 by The_Last_Baron

If you were born in the 70s nobody got the measles vaccine. Most children got the disease young and that vaccinated them for life. I got everything except German Measles, mumps wasn't nice and I don't think measles was pleasant but I was too young to remember much about it.

There were actually measles parties back then where children would go to a kid with measles so that it would be passed on. But strange.

I only realised recently that measles is actually so dangerous for kids. I always viewed it as something everyone recovered from as everyone I knew had them and recovered fine after a week or ten days

I thought measles were not dangerous for kids but very much so for adults, I to remember as kids mums would bring kids over to a friends house when they had something like measles, mumps, scarlet fever ect so we all caught them young.
Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 11:03 - Aug 23 with 1691 viewsKeno

good article, well spotted!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 11:04 - Aug 23 with 1689 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 11:01 - Aug 23 by Basuco

I thought measles were not dangerous for kids but very much so for adults, I to remember as kids mums would bring kids over to a friends house when they had something like measles, mumps, scarlet fever ect so we all caught them young.

That's what I thought. Apparently it's dangerous for kids as well although the word was when I was a kid was exactly as you say, not too bad if you got it young.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 11:58 - Aug 23 with 1663 viewsCotty

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 11:04 - Aug 23 by The_Last_Baron

That's what I thought. Apparently it's dangerous for kids as well although the word was when I was a kid was exactly as you say, not too bad if you got it young.

Not AS bad. Still deaths each year though. I'll take the vaccine thanks.
Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 12:47 - Aug 23 with 1633 viewsStokieBlue

Nice piece on the measles epidemic on 09:52 - Aug 23 by Steve_M

He seems to have joined the alt-right media circus in the US. Being anti-science being as fundamental to some of those people as guns and racism.

Isn't he dating Elle MacPherson or someone like that?

He's an idiot and shouldn't be allowed any platform to spread his nonsense. He's undermined the herd Immunity concept and has thus done untold damage to many lives.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024