Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A PH fencesitter asks.. 17:55 - Aug 25 with 12457 viewsartsbossbeard

..How come the PH dissenters are advised to "stop moaning and get behind the team" when last season posts on the line of "If Mick's here next season, I'll not renew" were greeted with upvotes and supporter solidarity?

I'll level with you lot who've brought into the PH philosophy, you're acting like mad cult members.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 13:34 - Aug 26 with 1417 viewsartsbossbeard

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 12:48 - Aug 26 by Keaneish

Easy to cast aspersions without ever making a stand or having a point of view either way though isn't it? That's my main gripe with ABB. Dishes it out to anyone at will but straddles the line continually. 8 years is a long time to sit on the fence...

I really liked BFJ, he was top drawer.

Hope this helps.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 13:58 - Aug 26 with 1387 viewslloydy84

I was never a Mick out, our fan's rhetoric in regards to Mick never stood well with me. The idea he was defensive by nature and employed a boring style by choice, history just doesn't back that argument up.

We all have to get behind the manager now, but the idea that Mick and Hurst are chalk and cheese is pretty much nonsense, they're pretty similar in style but just made a different choice with their limited budgets.

What I mean by that is, when given the chance to buy and build, Mick's teams are attacking and free flowing. I don't remember much from the Sunderland team he got promoted, I do remember the Wolves team. He brought in super attacking players (Knighy and Jarvis I recall), and blitz the league with entertaining football.

He couldn't do that with us because we cant attract these players with our wage/budget, so he had to go another route, or at least he felt he had to go another route. Now PH disagrees, and maybe hes right and Mick's wrong. We'll find out soon enough.

I do wonder what the team could have achieved last year if we didn't have our issues with injuries, for me it was far stronger than the team we now have and it is a shame it's been chopped and changed so much instead of merely tweaked.
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 14:19 - Aug 26 with 1362 viewsDarth_Koont

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 13:58 - Aug 26 by lloydy84

I was never a Mick out, our fan's rhetoric in regards to Mick never stood well with me. The idea he was defensive by nature and employed a boring style by choice, history just doesn't back that argument up.

We all have to get behind the manager now, but the idea that Mick and Hurst are chalk and cheese is pretty much nonsense, they're pretty similar in style but just made a different choice with their limited budgets.

What I mean by that is, when given the chance to buy and build, Mick's teams are attacking and free flowing. I don't remember much from the Sunderland team he got promoted, I do remember the Wolves team. He brought in super attacking players (Knighy and Jarvis I recall), and blitz the league with entertaining football.

He couldn't do that with us because we cant attract these players with our wage/budget, so he had to go another route, or at least he felt he had to go another route. Now PH disagrees, and maybe hes right and Mick's wrong. We'll find out soon enough.

I do wonder what the team could have achieved last year if we didn't have our issues with injuries, for me it was far stronger than the team we now have and it is a shame it's been chopped and changed so much instead of merely tweaked.

I think there is a different ethos (pace and width seem more important to PH) but I think the result can be the same. Mick's play-off team was high on intensity, pressed far up the pitch and effectively played one-up front with Murphy and McGoldrick playing the Nolan role.

When you're winning games, picking up points, scoring goals and keeping clean sheets then the whole team has the confidence to get on the front foot. And that's what PH and the team need too - even if it's largely undeserved wins to get us started.

Pronouns: He/Him

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 14:57 - Aug 26 with 1334 viewsDeano69

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 12:22 - Aug 26 by Hoppersblue10

Just on the MM thing, remind me again what he is doing now?

He’s been snapped up by ..... er no one

Sitting by the phone waiting for that call near Christmas from a club needing a saviour. Not us, we’ll be fine.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 15:10 - Aug 26 with 1322 viewsBackToRussia

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 13:58 - Aug 26 by lloydy84

MM never spent much to assemble that Championship winning Wolves team.

Indeed, it's MM's narrative that he's never been given serious money to spend.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 15:23 - Aug 26 with 1310 viewslongtimefan

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 11:15 - Aug 26 by Keaneish

Were you Pro MM? I forget. I think you challenged other posters to prove that you were pro-MM so from this, and the disdain for anti-MM posts, I assume you were an MM fence sitter as you are PH. Are you going to nail your allegiances to any regime or just continually goad those who have a point of view either way?

Will you come off the PH fence when we turn the corner? I'm suspecting so...

“Are you going to nail your allegiances to any regime or just continually goad those who have a point of view either way?”

I suspect his allegiance is to ITFC not the manager, which is how it should be.
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 21:02 - Aug 26 with 1239 viewsBenno1960

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:01 - Aug 25 by patrickswell

Speaking as a fellow fence-sitter, I just hoped for a new manager bounce of some description. I know people talk about entitlement or impatience, but we all need a bone thrown to us every now and again. A win next week will be magnificent, but those preaching patience need to realise that it only really works if things are ticking along while you build- especially at this level. That was George Burley’s great achievement here, and Mick McCarthy was skilled at keeping things ticking along, just a shame that he was trying to build with players made of glass.

I can see what Hurst is trying o do and he has had to put with a lot of in-game adversity. There’s a lot to work on, and I’m sure they are....but please get a win. Soon.

"in game adversity"

have an uppy for that sir
A PH fencesitter asks.. on 21:25 - Aug 26 with 1229 viewstractorshark

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 14:57 - Aug 26 by Deano69

Sitting by the phone waiting for that call near Christmas from a club needing a saviour. Not us, we’ll be fine.

McCarthy will be employed by Christmas.
Clubs in crisis will come calling by October.
We don’t know whether he’s turned down any jobs already.
Login to get fewer ads

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 21:51 - Aug 26 with 1212 viewsjeera

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 14:57 - Aug 26 by Deano69

Bah, hardly gonna starve.

Dunno why anyone's concerned tbh.

He's done ok in his time. Good luck to the bloke.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 08:20 - Aug 27 with 1141 viewsFartman

A PH fencesitter asks.. on 18:06 - Aug 25 by yorkshire

I'm coming across as a cult member because I disagree with you

Think I do agree with J2 - you are being a bell

All he's saying is that it should be allowed to have different opinions.

Please stop calling people names, it just makes you sound like one.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024